Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inafoxhole
Mar 29, 2010

a milk crime posted:

Also, I NEED to know who does this remix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSniMIN650E

I mean, everyone theorized about Sicko Cell forever, what made it hard was that oneman was playing it as well, but with this, I've only heard it from Jackmaster and Jamie xx, which means that it's probably someone in the Numbers crew.

That has to be Jamie xx himself surely; the piano is so reminiscent of far nearer and the whole attitude of the track resembles his adele remix. Track opened up the Ben Ufo b2b Jackmaster b2b Oneman three hour set for Boiler Room (now out as a podcast) aswelll, big vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inafoxhole
Mar 29, 2010

infinity2005 posted:

Look at that latest cover on boomkat or something. What pretentious nonsense honestly is this.

These comments about the James Blake covers aren't talking about next week's release (order/pan) are they? Because that's just the standard Hemlock recordings cover; bit weird to use that as an angle of critique.

That being said I do agree the samples of this release do sound a bit disapointing, and that's coming from someone who likes both the early EPs and the album. It always seemed to me like the 'backlash' against the album was a result of it being a pretty stark departure from the EPs ('CMYK' in particular) and that it's sparse, piano+bass+vocal effects nature seemed maybe a bit basic/simple when compared.

EDIT: Regarding that janet jackson remix, Jackmaster just tweeted (well a day ago now) that it'll be out in August. Copping it for sure.

inafoxhole fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jul 3, 2011

inafoxhole
Mar 29, 2010
back when this thread started A Milk Crime was asking who did that Pleasure Principle remix that Jackmaster/Jamie xx were playing, and I guessed it was xx himself.

turns out it's hudson mohwake and it's out now, limited apparently: http://boomkat.com/vinyl/445537-hud-mo-hudson-mohawke-pleasure backed with two other tracks

• Locked thread