Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

^^^ Bass Clef is a great guy. It's great to see him play live, since he actually does play live completely, down to the trombone and whistle. It's a good change to see someone not hidden behind a laptop making music, he's also a lovely guy to boot.

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

HARDCORE

I loving love you for this post, most of these tracks are still on my mp3 player in my cheese folder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

p00p posted:

The stand-out track on Rinse 05: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHV-SFSq_pY

Check out some of the mixes and free tunes on Off Me Nut Records. Home of Squire of Gothos and other dudes who mash up bassline and rave stuff in a really fun way.

Also http://www.mutantbassrecords.com/ , Kanji Kinetic's Mutant Bass label. Bunch of free promo EPs to download, good stuff.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Once again, thanks a lot 28GBB, another bunch of decent tunes and some history.

http://butterzisthelabel.tumblr.com/post/7419054050/elijah-skilliam-rinse-fm-7-7-2011

This has been going into my ears for the last couple of days, Elijah & Skilliam's Rinse set from a couple days ago. Some good loving tunes on there, as well as one of P Money's Rinse exclusives which i've not been able to find anywhere.

quote:

Royal T - Space Cowboy (Rinse)
P Money - Blackberry (IBeatthetune.com)
P Money / Faze Miyake - Take Off
Magentic Man & P Money - Anthemic (Faze Miyake Remix)
Teddy - Community Links
Trim - I AM (LV Remix) (Butterz)
Preditah - Protein Shake
Royal T - Marmite (Rinse)
P Money & Blacks - Boo You (Butterz)
Trim - Dead In This Ting
D.O.K - Chemical Planet VIP
Trim - Notice Now (Butterz)
Teddy - The Night I Fell Asleep
Merky Ace & P Money - Spring
Swindle - Pineapple
D.O.K - Get Me 2011
Preditah - Green Goblin
Royal T - Royal Rumble (Rinse)
D.O.K - Mad FL2
Splurt - J3
Star Eyez - White Gloves
Deeco - 3000
Rossi B & Luca - Lost in Limehouse
Katy B - Easy Please Me (Royal T Remix) (Rinse)
Terror Danjah & Ruby - Full Attention (Hardrive)
P Money - Bump Into Me
Bok Bok - Silo Pass
Starkey - Holodeck
D Double E & Dizzee Rascal - Bluku Bluku
Trim - Intoxicating
P Money & Blacks - Blacks & P
Royal T - Orangeade (Mista Maff Remix)
D.O.K - Sidedok VIP
Terror Danjah - Hide & Seek
Swindle & Silkie - Untitled
Terror Danjah - Air Bubble in disguise
Royal T - Music Please (TRC Remix)
Joker - The Vision
Terror Danjah - Free Buju
D.O.K - Tracker
P Jam - Beckoning
P Jam - Arizona Skyz
Teddy - Down With Us
Terror Danjah - East Village
D.O.K - Missing Step VIP
Mr Mitch - Centre Court
Swindle - Mood Swings VIP

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Rinse.fm are busy violating the gently caress out of their license while streaming live from Lovebox at the Rinse/FWD stage right now.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Mike_V posted:

The Rinse audio is way too quiet for me to continue listening.

It was decent at first then they had a bunch of technical issues, it was dead air except for ads for like 20 minutes at least.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

I can only imagine the sheer atrocity that is that Ghost Town remix.

If it's the DJG one, it's actually p good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHNznZn8l1Y

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

I really want to believe it is, but I really doubt it is the DJG one sadly. So did anyone waste their hard earned £3.49 on that album yet then? I like to delude myself that we're all just jaded fools laughing at it, and in reality it's really good. At less than 10p a song surely it must be great! I don't even think Irn-Bru bars go for that no more. Who said great quality costs!

It's not the DJG one, it's even better, it's not even a remix, it's a terrible wobble cover, complete with what sounds like a white guy trying to do ragga vocals.

Even Tim Armstrong is better at fake jamaican vocals.

e: Listened to about half of the tracks so far. This is exactly what you expect it to be. Mostly bad wobble, horrendously off-key poo poo produced by people who seemingly haven't the first clue about music composition. The DMX track isn't dubstep at all either. Literally it's nothing like dubstep.

This is a dubstep compilation made by people who don't know what dubstep is, put together by people who don't know what dubstep is and bought by people who are idiots.

e2: gently caress YOU, YOU DO NOT DO THAT TO TOOTS AND THE MAYTALS gently caress YOU gently caress YOU

Piss Witch fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 28, 2011

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Shitpost Gaze posted:

I... I think I'm a junglist now.

-- Me, some way-too-young guy on the wrong continent in the year 2011 (but still!)

Never to late to become a junglist.

In other news, it may be an older tune, but i constantly have Revolution by Jack Beats going through my head.

Also, on friday night a mate of mine dropped an Old Apparatus tune in the middle of his set, hearing that through a full PA was loving immense.
(edit: Zebulon, if i remember right)

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Finally picked up Squire of Gothos' We Do Scorpion Things and holy poo poo if Emptyin Full Clips isn't a loving amazing track.

Also the Phatworld remix of Submerse's Otaku of the Dead is too much stupid fun.

With Wrong Music not having so much of a presence down here anymore, it's up to Mutant Bass and Off Me Nut to keep me entertained.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Off Me Nut just released The Squire Of Gothos's new EP We Do Jeff Goldblum Things for £3 and featuring Bombhead off Hollyoaks.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

HatchetDown posted:

Are you on there or are you just asking around? I'd love to get an invite if you're able to.

I just went in and signed in with facebook and I now have an account. As far as I know I've not been invited.

Odd.

e: http://thisismyjam.com/BellendS

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Another release from Off Me Nut, Phatworld (Tich from Squire of Gothos, and Dankle) Arctic Rollers EP. Rather than their last EP which was bassline / grime / mashup / what the gently caress, this one is out and out jungle, and surprisingly good at that and for two quid, it's bargainous.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Brock Out posted a new mixtape by Dankle full of Off Me Nut goodness, if that's your persuasion.

http://soundcloud.com/brock-out/brock-out-mixtape-023-dankle

quote:

1. Dankle - Modern Milk
2. Dankle - Macbook
3. Dankle - Dolphin
4. Phatworld - 130 Untitled
5. Walter Ego - Calm Down (Phatworld Remix)
6. Rico Tubbs - Bass In Your Face (Phatworld Remix)
7. Dankle - Real Dons
8. Dankle - Melonman
9. Submerse - Otaku of the Dead (Phatworld speed garage mix)
10. Dankle - Fivergang
11. Phatworld - Onion Ring Piece
12. Squire of Gothos -Wanabechumbawumbamegamix
13. Phatworld - King of the Land
14. Phatworld - Dont Be Gobe
15. Phatworld - Certified Dons
16. Platapussy - Positive vibes
17. Spongebob Squarewave - Battyman (gently caress Rrritalin) hosted by Rrritalin
18. Droid - Loose Cannon
19. Droid - Droidersmobbo
20. Droid - Tearout Riddim
21. Off Me Nut Crew (Phive) - Keep On Movin

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

And if it's not your persuasion you're probably a weirdo 'cause if you ask me this is great. Makes me wish I had a 1.0ltr Corsa with a dodgy Halfords exhaust back in the day, 'cause this is the soundtrack to blare outta it. A weird Chumbawumba/Spice Girls/Hardcore blend thing shouldn't technically exist. But it does and it's wonderful.

OMN have been filling a void that was left by Wrong Music closing their doors and moving on to other things (and other countries, that bastard Shitmat). Got Phatworld coming up down here in Brighton soon enough and Squire of Gothos and Dankle to look forward to at Bang Face Weekender.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Maguro posted:

Okay after all this talk of sub-genres and what not, I think it's important to post a tune that is a massive one right now of course but totally deserves it:

Rusko - Whistle Crew

http://youtu.be/rr8pgAt2tYY

Man Rusko can still pull it out (imo) I'm considering spending 35 bucks to see him on a monday but considering its a Louisiana crowd I'm not sure if he;s gonna be dropping stuff like this and his lenkemz juke dubplates :(

Anyone seen him on his US tour recently?

I've been off Rusko for some time, but this tune is great, same as 28GBB, this just makes me nostalgic. My music tastes are stuck somewhere between mashcore, bassline and 90's cheese so this is right up my alley.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

So Mutant Bass just put out Rico Tubbs's Bass For Your Face EP.

The original track I can take it or leave it, but holy poo poo both the Phatworld and Squire of Gothos remixes are awesome and Squire are dropping some banging donks.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

I'm torn. There's two tunes that I've been absolutely loving, well 3, but one of them is unreleased as of yet so gently caress that for now.

Squire Of Gothos - Chemistry Set
I know this thread is torn on Squire of Gothos and the whole mashup bassline thing coming out of Off Me Nut, but honestly I loving love it, it's just so damned fun. No pretentions, just a couple of mess heads from Sheffield doing what they want to hear and what they find funny.

Phatworld - King Of The Land
Again, another Off Me Nut track (Tich from Squire and Dankle) from their christmas jungle EP (Is Jungle allowed?). Keeping the inner junglist alive. A bit more serious than their usual material, but every bit as good.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

So Phatworld (Off Me Nut) just put out a sampler of their next release and holy poo poo I am in awe. Bassline, jungle, bit of drumstep. The track at 2:15 they played live recently and loving loved it right from then.

http://soundcloud.com/dankle-off-me-nut/forthcoming-phatworld-20-trax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Charlotte Hornets posted:

There will never ever be a jungle/breakbeat hardcore revival. It will just sound so polished and silly, like the Dream Continuum release.

For those of us in bang face hard crew, we never give up hope.

• Locked thread