Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

HYMEN.SYS posted:

Remember when Janeway killed Tuvix off, essentially committing murder and genocide all at the same time? And how Tuvix was actually a far better character than Neelix or Tuvok?

i dont rmember any of this because i think i stopped watchin voyager part way through cause it was so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

johndis posted:

lmao im watching the roadrunner/wiley e coyote farscape episode right now. has anyone else seen this? wtf is going on

farscape fuckin owns. claudia black owns

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
remember how there were literally dozens and dozens of ways that voyager could have used the caretaker array to escape back to the alpha quadrant and also prevented the kazon from seizing it but did so anyway

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Shaggar posted:

i dont rmember any of this because i think i stopped watchin voyager part way through cause it was so bad

A transporter malfunction killed Tuvok and Neelix but created a new person named Tuvix who basically owned. He was as smart as Tuvok was and had a more subdued sense of humour. Basically he was a single, well rounded individual instead of two broken ones. When they found a way to get Tuvok and Neelix back, Janeway dragged Tuvix kicking and screaming through the halls of Voyager to get murdered to fix things.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
remember how an entire multi-episode story arc ended with voyager crashing into an almost literal reset button

pram
Jun 10, 2001

HYMEN.SYS posted:

Remember when Janeway killed Tuvix off, essentially committing murder and genocide all at the same time? And how Tuvix was actually a far better character than Neelix or Tuvok?

remember when kes went out to space and exploded

also salamander episode lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjplsGOL6Ys

johndis
Jun 23, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Shaggar posted:

farscape fuckin owns. claudia black owns

:woop:

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Kirk posted:

remember how an entire multi-episode story arc ended with voyager crashing into an almost literal reset button

oh yeah, the silver goo poo poo?

that's what made me stop watching, i remember now

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

JawnV6 posted:

no

that was another episode like that

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

JawnV6 posted:

I think he means Year of Hell, but at least that reset button kinda made sense, given the context.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

THC posted:

this is the proest patrick stewart click http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjpObUPEJpg#t=9

:lol:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its kind of hard to sperg out about farscape b/c the universe wasnt as huge as trek or sg1

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
remember how some of the most commonly cited examples of Voyager being "decent" are episodes where the main cast is not playing the characters they normally play, or episodes that focus entirely on the doctor, or both

remember how that just betrays the fact that, at their core, almost the entire cast of voyager was written to be genuinely unlikable

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
remember how the writers for Voyager scrambled to use the "Legend tells of great spirit wolf..." Chakotay trope so often that even Beltran, who loved getting screen time, started to go "uh"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yea its like how the only good parts of SGU have sg1/sga characters

johndis
Jun 23, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Shaggar posted:

its kind of hard to sperg out about farscape b/c the universe wasnt as huge as trek or sg1

well i think the thing is that there just wasnt really a canon. like almost every episode was "well we never knew this poo poo existed but well here it is" so yah cant really sperg abt it cause basically anything can happen and you just gotta deal with it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i mean what the hell, i thought tom paris got kicked out of the academy? how did he get on voyager?

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
remember how in one episode voyager gets stopped and held in place, and a thin green vertical beam slowly parses across the entire ship, leading up to one scene where it slowly crosses over everyones face on the bridge

and harry kim goes

"we're bein' scanned!"

Tokin Ring
Jun 12, 2011

:dong:Teh boners:dong:

johndis posted:

just also wanna say that farscape is pretty good at the beginning and then it gets real good at like the end of season 2/beginning of season 3 imo. good sci fi sho :thumbsup:

Farscape is a secret shame because it's pretty bad but i like it. :tipshat:

Tokin Ring
Jun 12, 2011

z0ratio fartboner posted:

Farscape is a secret shame because it's pretty bad but i like it. :tipshat:

mlyp

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Shaggar posted:

i mean what the hell, i thought tom paris got kicked out of the academy? how did he get on voyager?

He was one of the Maquis, I think? Or a prisoner or something. You know, one of those story arcs they never did anything with.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Shaggar posted:

because if there's one thing voyager needed it was a hotshot rocket pilot with a devil-may-care attitude and male pattern baldness

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Shaggar posted:

he was maquis, janeway got him out of prison to help hunt down chakotay

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
although goddamn jolene blalock is hot as hell

Tokin Ring
Jun 12, 2011

this thread is nerd flypaper

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
remember how the writers for voyager thought that tom paris' baby being born literally the moment they ended up back in the alpha quadrant was A) decent writing B) not complete and utter tripe

also remember how in the final episode of the entire series one of the few female leads, an engineer no less, spends the entire time in labour because women is fer' birthin' babies an' wearin' catsuits hyuk

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
hey someone talk about Lexx because when i was a kid i remember wanting to watch it but didn't and now it's in my netflix queue but idk

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
remember how the initial idea of the two crews - federation and maquis - constantly confronting one another and having it be a source of constant tension was basically forgotten about three episodes in

pram
Jun 10, 2001

JawnV6 posted:

hey someone talk about Lexx because when i was a kid i remember wanting to watch it but didn't and now it's in my netflix queue but idk

only good part was the final episodes

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
remember species 8472?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
star trek: elite force video game was really good though

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
remember how, if you actually paid attention to the number of "move ahead 5 spaces" plot devices that voyager came across and how many they actually used and for what distance, by the last season they should have been tooling around in the beta quadrant

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
why didnt they just call up wesley and the traveller.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
remember how the year of hell (despite it's lame duck ending) was going to be an entire season long and finally, FINALLY bring in the idea that should have been the basis for the show all along, where a ship is constantly running low on supplies and fighting for scraps of survival

but instead they were literally too scared of doing a season long arc so they just did a little two-parter that sucked rear end

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Kirk posted:

remember how the initial idea of the two crews - federation and maquis - constantly confronting one another and having it be a source of constant tension was basically forgotten about three episodes in

And how they resolved this by having a SINGLE CREWMEMBER defect to the Kazon Nistrim or whatever? And how that was pretty much ignored most of the time as well until the season finale?

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
remember how there were multiple episodes that tried and failed horribly to ape the holodeck episodes from TNG

like after the first couple failures they didn't give up, they kept

loving

trying

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

Kirk posted:

remember how the year of hell (despite it's lame duck ending) was going to be an entire season long and finally, FINALLY bring in the idea that should have been the basis for the show all along, where a ship is constantly running low on supplies and fighting for scraps of survival

but instead they were literally too scared of doing a season long arc so they just did a little two-parter that sucked rear end

yo did you seriously watch this much voyager to know all this crap? i gave up after season 1.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
also the kazon were too inferior to be assimilated but their territory was apparently loving gigantic???

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Pram posted:

also the kazon were too inferior to be assimilated but their territory was apparently loving gigantic???

Remember literally everything Voyager did with the Borg at all ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
also remember how the enterprise D, the flagship of the federation and one of its most capable warships, was unable to outrun or defeat a single borg cube in any meaningful way outside of plot device intervention

whereas voyager, a ship built only a couple years after the enterprise D and a ship class that was overtly stated to be for science and exploration, not combat, is able to outrun cubes and match them in combat on multiple occasions

• Locked thread