Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

haveblue posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

theflyingexecutive posted:

they were in purgatory or whatev for the the entire final season and the island is magic

and hurley is jesus and ben is his prophet

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Trig Discipline posted:

and hurley is jesus and ben is his prophet

but then hurley moved to san francisco and now ben hangs out with actual jesus and they fight crimes

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

maniacdevnull posted:

but then hurley moved to san francisco and now ben hangs out with actual jesus and they fight crimes

and jacob moved to syfy's being human remake where now he's a ghostly character only one lead can see

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

fork bomb posted:

i still haven't seen the last season :twisted:

:hfive: 'sup bailed-on-it-before-it-sank buddy

see also: x-files, house

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

lord funk posted:

:hfive: 'sup bailed-on-it-before-it-sank buddy

see also: x-files, house

, lf

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
, the female orgasm

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Trig Discipline posted:

, lf

i still miss lf

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Tony Jowns posted:

i still miss lf

same.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
The best thing about LF is that there are posters who are still complaining about it.

[edit] I mean, the fact that it existed in the first place, not that it went away.

Heresiarch fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 8, 2012

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't care about LF but if yospos went away I'd be pretty fuckin fired up about it

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

TOOT BOOT posted:

I don't care about LF but if yospos went away I'd be pretty fuckin fired up about it

i'd go bitch about it in irc

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

i'd write a letter to obama

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

well, he did bring back arrested development

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

haveblue posted:

and jacob moved to syfy's being human remake where now he's a ghostly character only one lead can see

is the syfy remake as bad as the original?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
is arkham asylum good for people who don't really like beat 'em ups?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
yeah both arkham games are great

theres a good deal of beat em up type stuff but its never really repetitive or like "fight 30 guys to proceed to the next level/press the A button really really fast or you die" type of poo poo though, arkham city has a shitton of exploration where you can just sneak (or not sneak if that's not your style) around an entire city being the goddamn batman doing batmany things and loving with people

arkham asylum is kinda more stealth oriented and detectivey batman poo poo but its still a shitload of fun

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 8, 2012

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Amethyst posted:

is arkham asylum good for people who don't really like beat 'em ups?

its cool. you can just keep smashing 2 buttons and batman will own pretty much everything or you can learn the combos and stuff and smash more buttons in the right order and batman will own everything even harder.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Shaggar posted:

its cool. you can just keep smashing 2 buttons and batman will own pretty much everything or you can learn the combos and stuff and smash more buttons in the right order and batman will own everything even harder.

can't do that on hard mode you will die

also can't do that once you run into variants of enemies even in normal mode

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it's not really a beatemup, it's an absolutely dead-on batman game where one aspect is playing a simple beatemup

arkham city is somehow even better

BUSINESS CATTE 2.0
Dec 23, 2002

by T. Butt

Mind Spew posted:

can't do that on hard mode you will die

also can't do that once you run into variants of enemies even in normal mode

notmordecai no one cares go back to games and stay there do not report back thx

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i stopped watching lost partway thru season 1 and then watched the series finale with two people who were madly invested

i could sort of tell the ending sucked but didn't know precisely why

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Wilhelm_Scream.wav posted:

i stopped watching lost partway thru season 1 and then watched the series finale with two people who were madly invested

i could sort of tell the ending sucked but didn't know precisely why

i turn to jelly under swelling orchestral music so i thought the ending was good even though i only followed lost during the last seasons :frogbon:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the best thing about arkham city is how well the combat flows and how varied his moves are. you hit two loving buttons and batman's flipping all over the place and doing all sorts of cool poo poo. it's pretty awesome. arkham asylum is a better game, though. the open world stuff really detracted from arkham city imo.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i knew arkham asylum had the perfect learning curve when i struggled at the beginning just trying to figure out the timing for the block moves, swiftly got really good at it, and then in the final normal-bad-guys fight i did a 50 hit combo and took like 12 dudes out w/o taking a scratch

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!

axolotl farmer posted:

wow Orson Scott Card really hates they gays

http://www.ornery.org/essays/warwatch/2004-02-15-1.html

Orson Scott Card posted:

Because no constitution in the United States has ever granted the courts the right to make vast, sweeping changes in the law to reform society.

I think the civil rights movement would like a word with mr. card

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

so would reality, but he's not having any of it.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

LooseChanj posted:

Remember, in "Hamlet's Father" the father was a gay psychopathic paedo who molested the other characters when they were children, thereby turning Rosencrantz and Guildenstern gay. He was killed by Laertes and wanted his son so much that he made a ghost-demon that left hell and convinced Hamlet to do terrible things. Upon his son's entrance to eternal damnation, he said "Welcome to Hell, my beautiful son. At last we'll be together as I always longed for us to be." Also, Hamlet knew about Heaven and Hell all along and the Undiscovered Country was apparently just the title for Star Trek VI.

Makes Ender's Game look passable.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

LooseChanj posted:

mormons also hate black people so he'd just use the same argument again

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!

LP97S posted:

Undiscovered Country was apparently just the title for Star Trek VI.

Second best star tracks movie, so I can see how he'd make that mistake

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

LooseChanj posted:

Second best star tracks movie, so I can see how he'd make that mistake

first best is the voyage home

'nuclear wessels'

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
The Voyage Home is a favorite of mine in part because it's a really cheerful movie. the other star treks are full of death and violence and really weighty and/or dumb poo poo, and star trek 4 is just fuckin' around and having a grand time in san francisco.

"earth's in trouble? let's bro out and have fun. problem solved."
"your reward is to go forth and continue to be awesome"
"hell yeah :cool: "

~*the starship enterprise is rad forever*~

the end

Farmer Crack-Ass fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Mar 9, 2012

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
been watching the old tngs on netflix after the waifu goes to bed early

so far the one that most made me stop working and pay attention since it was a compelling episode was where picard went home to his family vineyard and his brother was all a dick to him out of jealousy / protectiveness of his son, and eventually picard broke down and admitted how much the borg thing hosed with him and made him question himself as a star fleet dude and all

totally humanized the character

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Ridgely_Fan posted:

been watching the old tngs on netflix after the waifu goes to bed early

so far the one that most made me stop working and pay attention since it was a compelling episode was where picard went home to his family vineyard and his brother was all a dick to him out of jealousy / protectiveness of his son, and eventually picard broke down and admitted how much the borg thing hosed with him and made him question himself as a star fleet dude and all

totally humanized the character

Yep, and it allowed him to further empathize with certain borg in later seasons (a good thing) and then go Rambo and Ahab on them in First Contact (a bad thing).

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

LP97S posted:

Yep, and it allowed him to further empathize with certain borg in later seasons (a good thing) and then go Rambo and Ahab on them in First Contact (a bad thing).

the borg are gonna look like complete poo poo when they get blu'ed, vaccuum hoses and pieces of plastic hot-glued to they heads

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Tony Jowns posted:

i still miss lf

it was fun years ago then turned to absolute poo poo. gently caress lf

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

The Voyage Home is a favorite of mine in part because it's a really cheerful movie. the other star treks are full of death and violence and really weighty and/or dumb poo poo, and star trek 4 is just fuckin' around and having a grand time in san francisco.

"earth's in trouble? let's bro out and have fun. problem solved."
"your reward is to go forth and continue to be awesome"
"hell yeah :cool: "

~*the starship enterprise is rad forever*~

the end

Trek 2, 4, and 6 are really the only ones that are 'must-see' in my opinion. the new trek was a lot of fun as well.

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!
Tracks three never gets enough love

don't call me tiny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

LooseChanj posted:

Tracks three never gets enough love

don't call me tiny

true.

also the new trek was a good action movie and it was fun to spend a few hours with the characters but it wasn't a very Trek movie.

• Locked thread