Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

toby posted:

At least the space-irish are hot, unlike their earth-bound cousins with their lovely music and garbage food and stupid heritage and dirt huts

you talkin about irish irish or 'irish-americans', the pasty loud irate tribes from mostly around boston?

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
the worst things about ireland (in order) are 1) the weather, 2) the food (except for the bread which is ok and black pudding which i believe is probably english or something), 3) simultaneous intense, intense preoccupation with the economy and complete political apathy, 4) bizarre belief that since ireland was a colonized place, that they're exempt from being grouped in with dirty evil white people re: all that slavery and genocide stuff

i forgot 0) bono

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
gd thats some carepost about a star trek episode there

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

Kirk posted:

(i actually know why he got like 0 camera time except for that one episode but its not interesting)

we'll be the judge of that

give us the spergy details

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
firefly was ok

but i dont think anyone watched it when it was on tv

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

JawnV6 posted:

yah how dare a woman have sexual autonomy instead of treating her body like literal property, how ridiculous

really its the writers fault for not being able to resist bringing up the sexuality of the female captain as a bargaining chip

its not like any aliens were offering riches or favors or whatever to get a hold of pickard's pickard or sisko's sisko

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
yes it was a bad show

doesnt mean we need a billion bad posts about it to remind us of how bad it was

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
i remember they got really boring borg kids from somewhere at some point

christ they were boring

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
there was an episode with sarah silverman also, and she was paris' love interest

kind of bizarre

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
best merchandizing from the best episode of the best star trek:

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
in other news i still think caprica wasnt that bad

i mean it broke immersion constantly since they couldnt afford all future stuff for their sets i guess, and some of the themes were kind of dumb

but the acting was good and a lot of the characters were decently complex and fleshed out

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SIZcDWKyw0

if only

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

Boner Buffet posted:

voyager and enterprise don't count

why doesnt kirk carepost about enterprise?

i guess not even he watched that show

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
i used to watch the gently caress out of quantum leap tho when i was a youngin

oh brother

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

also great

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
theres no pleasing some people

not bit of scifi has to be a tarkovky film

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

Boner Buffet posted:

i tried to watch babylon 5 but it was just so bad that i couldn't handle it

i could make it though the odd episode when i was 13, but drat now no way

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

honkwins posted:

for some non-space sci fi: wife harassed me into watching supernatural and it was much better than expected

good job on her getting me started in like, season 4 though

first couple seasons of supernatural are p pro

the shapeshifter / trickster episodes are the best

they jump one hell of a shark later tho

edit: they even make a big deal in the show about jumping the shark. they have a loving episode named 'jumping the shark'. and i think one character has a line like 'its not jumping the shark if you never come down'

Emacs Headroom fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 1, 2012

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
event horizon owns and so does that movie sunshine which is basically a slightly better written more 'hard sci-fi' event horizon

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
did anyone else like soderberg's solaris?

i think it was also a good movie

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
and the fountain wasn't bad. not aronofsky's best, but i think it was still underrated.

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

rotor posted:

was that the one in the big space terrarium?

1/3 of it was in a space snow globe

there was also a spanish conquistador 1/3 and modern day 1/3

all with the same characters. and the stories are interlaced. its super ambitious and barely coherent

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
but visually amazing

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
aw shucks guess i signed ma post

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

Never Scroll posted:

I tried watching the first episode of the battlestar galactica syfy show and turned it off after about 15 minutes because it sucked so bad. I see all this other bsg stuff on netflix is it all no good?

no this is incorrect.

you turned off the show because you sucked so bad

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
i prefer without deckard's voice-over

maybe a release that has two audio versions, one with and one without

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

rotor posted:

the ideal gas chamber laws

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
forums alchemy (poo poo to golden manbabies)

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
unified theory of e/n

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
modern postmodern posting

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
threads got forums mrsa

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

LP97S posted:

I thought Earth was supposed to be a utopia so most of the social rejects and freaks are in Star Fleet and sent far, far away from Earth.

wasnt there a eugenics wars or smoething? maybe they killed off all the sperg genes

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
wish hed get cloned by accident in a transporter malfunction

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

Bedshaped posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7OFNZ6EM3A

lol some of these are so dumb, i hope they're all fake

oh yeah i forgot about tuvix

i watched that episode after some yosposters were talking about how great tuvix was and it was sad they killed him

he wasnt great, show wasnt great, voyager sucks

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

Heresiarch posted:

Dumb radio microphones hooked up to a giant ship-bound computer with lots of blinking lights and probably some sort of tape drive.

the computers are made of bio neural gel packs

i think theyre spread all over the ship and take up a lot of mass and space

and sometimes they burn out and have to be replaced, or they get infected with space diseases

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

maniacdevnull posted:

as a tall, handsome, bearded, brown-haired man, i feel somewhat obliged to, at some point in my life, buy a red tng commanders uniform

you forgot to use the word "swarthy" when complimenting yourself

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
started watching tng on netflix (mindless background noise) and just realized something

in the episode where the black blob thing kills the annoying blonde chick, riker gets sucked in for awhile and gets enveloped in evil

up to that point, riker was all uptight and clean shaven. in season 2 he gets a beard and becomes all rugged, nails chicks left and right, starts playing some jazz trombone (probably just as a metaphor for the rusty trombone hes layin all over the galaxy)

i think riker must have absorbed some of the evil when he was sucked into the blob. and it made him a far better character

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
420 watch threshold every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

maniacdevnull posted:

holy poo poo cryptonominicon might the longest loving book ever

gravity's rainbow

• Locked thread