Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
what I never understood about star trek is why the ships had turbolifts or doors - if I was in star trek i'd be transporting myself from the fridge back to the couch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
Vash falls in love with a romulan ambassador who turns out to be dead all along. Picard plays the flute.

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
George uses the warp core to repolarize the holodeck emitters, causing the deflector grid to phase into an alternate continuum. Spot eats a pizza.

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
"Oh bother", said the Borg, "we've assimilated Pooh."

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

NINbuntu 64 posted:

stargate atlantis is the voyager of stargate

like im sorry but that show was just the dumbest scifi plot ideas all rolled into one

also, SGU - U + B = BSG COINCIDENCE???!!! I THINK NOT

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Panic! At The cisco posted:

Star Trek: The Next Generation Interactive VCR Board Game – A Klingon Challenge

EXPERIENCE BEEJ

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Trig Discipline posted:

they weren't but i bet they will now

tell me what are your thoughts on the janeway vs. borg, man are they lame or WHAT

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

kind of looks like a vagina with poison oak

Poopernickel fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 19, 2012

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
also I think it's on crooked

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

that awful man posted:

raiders of the lost ark special edition

it's like george lucas is raping my childhood all over again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF02VoDQSd0

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
just bought this at Blockbuster's "welp, we're really hosed now" sale for $1.50:

http://www.amazon.com/Starquest-Odyssey-Adam-Rini/dp/B002LZAZZ2

1 star on Amazon and 1.5/10 on IMDB, and I only managed to get through 15 minutes of it so far

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
from IMDB:

quote:

If ratings went into the negatives I'd give it a 10, 5 November 2009, 1/10
Author: indie_vision from United States

Space Quest, the final frontier of bad films. I wouldn't even consider this a "B" movie, it'd be a "C" movie for crap. The acting is horrible and the Captain Tanner looks like an emotionless action figure. I mean of all the science fiction films this one has stars that MOVE with the ship, even though they're billions of light years away this gives the illusion that it's snowing in space. Also the ship lags like hell whoever did the CGI doesn't know how to RENDER properly. The "cyborgs" in this look like they just took a few computer parts and slapped it on their bodies. The fight scenes look like a rock'em sock'em robots match. I don't get how in the future a "hyperdrive" can be broken due to a modern washer... though I admit the bridge of the ship looks pretty decent. The intercoms sound like they're talking out of a toilet. I understand this is a low budget indie film that got distribution but it doesn't justify the fact that it sucks. If you pay money to see this or not it is a waist of 90 minutes of your life regardless....

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

quote:

Terrible, 8 November 2009, 1/10
Author: eanmoss from United States

*** This review may contain spoilers ***

This is the second straight movie where I've thought "so bad it's good." However, this one was just bad.

What was the plot? They left this movie in a cliffhanger as if anyone will force themselves to watch the sequel.

The music didn't match the movie at all. The chemistry of the cast was not there. There was no final battle to speak of.

The CGI was about what you'd expect from a TV show made in the 1990's.

The thing that kills me about this is that Blockbuster called it a "Hot new release." Please.

With "plot" this bad, you need clever writing and chemistry between the cast members to make up for it. No such luck in this one.

thanks for the spoiler alert, I was worried about getting the ending spoiled :corsair:

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

LP97S posted:

Yep, and it allowed him to further empathize with certain borg in later seasons (a good thing) and then go Rambo and Ahab on them in First Contact (a bad thing).

the borg are gonna look like complete poo poo when they get blu'ed, vaccuum hoses and pieces of plastic hot-glued to they heads

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

it was a code word for a lot of things, including cancer, abortions, vd, and anything else embarrassing to die of of be sent to the hospital for. when a young girl from a prominent family stays out of high school for six months because of "mononucleosis", it was usually code for "got pregnant, is quietly having the baby and giving it up for adoption"

modern health euphemisms for when a celebrity or athlete goes to a hospital are "exhaustion" or "dehydration" or (my favorite) "flu-like symptoms"

holy christ I never thought about that mono thing before but I bet it's totally right

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Lost For Words posted:

maybe just the ignition system stopped working so maybe diesel engines would still work but you'd have to like roll start it wait why am I even thinking about this

literally just had this entire thought process except it was about rail cars

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Biggest Disaster posted:

Instead of having an infirmary, why not just program the transporter to rejigger everyone's atoms into a perfectly healthy state every time they use it.

Why can't they use it to make unlimited copies of Data to use as away teams in hazardous locations.

If there's an incoming photon torpedo why don't they transport a solid block of something into its path.

etc

what I want to know is why they don't just keep backup copies of everybody in the transport buffers

also how come transporters aren't weaponized, and why aren't the shields on a computer program that automatically raises them in response to detected energy surges?

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl posted:

atreides bong spiller

holy poo poo just realized that's the das boot guy

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Stymie posted:

the chronicles of riddick was two and a half movie ideas stitched poorly together

one movie was literally "like pitch black but the opposite"

one movie was "hey, that warhammer stuff sure is neat"

the half movie was "vin diesel wants to be a superhero rather than just a cool antihero"

seriously, how could a movie as ballin' as pitch black turn into the Chronicles of Riddick :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Glorgnole posted:

the most interesting part of lexx imo is the investigation of a society designed from the bottom up to harvest its citizens' organs

I'm proud to admit that I made it all the way through Lexx

:shepicide:

that show was terrible on every account but i feel like it probably pioneered some new sci-fi ideas and also a bunch of fetishes too

I also thought their interactions with Earth were pretty lol, as was the notion that they kind of destroyed the entire universe

• Locked thread