Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
Do you think Union Aerospace Corporation has a union

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

ETPC posted:

Do you think Union Aerospace Corporation has a union

Well it's not called Right-To-Work Aerospace Corporation

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Knee Deep in the Dues

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes
https://twitter.com/NightdiveStudio/status/954444944864759808
https://twitter.com/SVKaiser/status/954447074485047297

Rocket Pan fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 19, 2018

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
The only reason why the UAC scientist's completely bananas research got far enough to tear open a portal into Hell is because the union makes it so loving hard to fire the shitheads. The moment the top brass wanted to shut down the experiments for, y'know, "inhumane genetic alteration" and "evisceration at the hands of literal biblical demons" they just threatened to go to HR.

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg

How many Nightdive games can I buy based on nostalgia alone? I remember playing this game a bunch with my cousin on the N64, did it also use the same engine as Turok?

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

HolyKrap posted:

I remember playing this game a bunch with my cousin on the N64, did it also use the same engine as Turok?

Nope.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is Forsaken the game that had the babe on the cover?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

fadam posted:

Is Forsaken the game that had the babe on the cover?

yeah
The future is forsaken the future is forsaken

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the few employees who survived the massacre at UAC were disappointed to find out that, since the entire union was turned into hell demons and/or eaten alive by said hell demons, they would not be getting worker's comp

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Frankly if I was a demon I'd be arguing for a strike rather than go up against doomguy

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I was going to post the Forsaken thing but Rocket Pan beat me to it because he actually works on it (cheater) so have this instead:

https://twitter.com/DrPyspy/status/954441445183668225

The Kins fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 20, 2018

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

The Kins posted:

I was going to post the Forsaken thing but Rocket Pan beat me to it because he actually works on it (cheater)

I cannot be stopped.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

The Kins posted:

I was going to post the Forsaken thing but Rocket Pan beat me to it because he actually works on it (cheater) so have this instead:

That looks way better than just slapping some rocket launchers onto Tchernobog!

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

ETPC posted:

Dave Oshry just tweeted that game dev should be unionized.

brb buying as many copies of DUSK as i can

At the very least, they should make it that game devs can get paid for working overtime (don't know if that necessarily comes with unionizing). If that happened, crunch time would disappear.

ytisomauq
Dec 15, 2000
In the strangest crossover ever, I can't listen to the ending credits music of Gilmore Girls without thinking about the Doom2 - Map01 Running from Evil music...

Gilmore Girls End Credits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7JlzgyArVE

Running from evil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qURei6svd90

However, you get a better comparison from this version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVn6C6uiFo0

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

The Kins posted:

This is really creepy looking and doesn't suffer from the standard problems that prerendered 3D characters suffer from (i.e. it isn't way too shiny for no reason) so I'd definitely like to see it finished and in action.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

BattleMaster posted:

This is really creepy looking and doesn't suffer from the standard problems that prerendered 3D characters suffer from (i.e. it isn't way too shiny for no reason) so I'd definitely like to see it finished and in action.

It does look good except for the intestine looking a little bit :dong:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Wamdoodle posted:

If I had shoulder mounted missile launchers and a skull face I'd probably walk around with my dick out too tbh

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Wamdoodle posted:

I mean, it's not like Revenants wear pants

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

BattleMaster posted:

The materials are deliberately really simple to try and imitate the early CG of the era. It's hard to pull off, but it works!

Wamdoodle posted:

This has been bought up to the artist a lot, it probably isn't being changed (at least in part because it looks a bit :dong:)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Convex posted:

If I had shoulder mounted missile launchers and a skull face I'd probably walk around with my dick out too tbh

Hell, :same:

Shadow Hog posted:

Also true

The Kins posted:

This has been bought up to the artist a lot, it probably isn't being changed (at least in part because it looks a bit :dong:)

I can respect the artist not deviating from their vision :golfclap:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they wear red bicycle shorts.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Shadow Hog posted:

I know it's not a revenant, but it's the first thing that came to mind when you said it.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

the cool posts kid posted:

Every occupation should be unionised

I dunno, some parts of chemistry and physics rely on things being ionized pretty heavily. :v:

The Kins posted:

Mr Happy was Half-Life, not Doom!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Keiya posted:

Mr Happy was Half-Life, not Doom!
https://twitter.com/DrPyspy/status/955206129755148288

I fear Dr may be enjoying this power too much.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

HolyKrap posted:

How many Nightdive games can I buy based on nostalgia alone? I remember playing this game a bunch with my cousin on the N64, did it also use the same engine as Turok?

No but the Turok studio did handle the N64 which I believe had a completely different set of levels.

Looking at that tweet, Kaiser said this version is a mix of PC and N64 stuff which seems like an odd decision... isn't there already a direct source port of the PC version out there?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Looking at that tweet, Kaiser said this version is a mix of PC and N64 stuff which seems like an odd decision... isn't there already a direct source port of the PC version out there?
The N64 version has different levels, IIRC, which I think Kaiser plans on editing/remixing for the PC's faster pace. Kaiser likes to take the best bits from each version of the game where possible (for example, a bunch of assets in the original PC Turok 2 were downgraded/bugged/hosed up in some way, and the remaster replaced these with the N64 ones).

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
See, I kinda wish he'd just port is as-is and let people decide whether they like it or not.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

See, I kinda wish he'd just port is as-is and let people decide whether they like it or not.

They can't be ported as-is due to the versions not being directly compatible. Console ports those days usually retooled a lot of the code from the PC versions, and as a consequence things just don't translate between the versions quite the way one would expect.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I definitely do recall the stages being wildly different between the two versions, though. The PC ones seemed more point-A-to-point-B, while the N64 ones felt more like arena multiplayer matches, from my recollection.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
Over the weekend I've released the updated version 1.03 of my Ultima Underworld 1&2 port to the Unity engine.

If anyone is interested in trying it out you can get it at

https://github.com/hankmorgan/UnderworldExporter/releases/latest

*Requires original game files.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Hank Morgan posted:

Over the weekend I've released the updated version 1.03 of my Ultima Underworld 1&2 port to the Unity engine.

If anyone is interested in trying it out you can get it at

https://github.com/hankmorgan/UnderworldExporter/releases/latest

*Requires original game files.

Nice, thanks for this. Looking forward to playing UU2 if/when it gets implemented :)

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Max Wilco posted:

At the very least, they should make it that game devs can get paid for working overtime (don't know if that necessarily comes with unionizing). If that happened, crunch time would disappear.

If a massive wage fixing scandal didn't make s Google, Intel and whoever the gently caress else unionize nothing in the planet will ever make game devs unionize.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Tech workers are too individualistic to see themselves as part of an oppressed working class and too prone to being workaholics to stay mad at the boss

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
:getin: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/john-cena-talks-star-video-game-adaptation-duke-nukem-1077194?utm_source=twitter

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
They will unionize when they reinvent the union through some sort of app. Something with a name like RateMyBiz I suppose, where they'll complain about their working conditions, crunchtime, and so on. From this sharing will come solidarity hashtags, and then events like strikes and finally collective bargaining. But they'll never call it a union.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

PG-13 Duke is gonna be a hell of a sight.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

wouldn't his good guy kid-friendly public persona kinda get in the way of that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

I wonder how big John Cena's dick and balls are, and how much we will be seeing them in this movie.

Also I wonder how much full penetration we will see in this Duke Nukum movie.