Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal

NoneMoreNegative posted:

*tsk* Johnny-come-latelys who didn't but a big-box copy of Tekwar in a store the week it came out!

and then took it back a couple days later because holy poo poo was it bad even way back when

I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention it, (never really looked too hard either.) but that game had a few demo versions trickling out slowly that I played and it was pretty amusing to see how they just mangled it further and further in every version, like they started out with a few good ideas, and then,....Damnit I wish I could remember more about those demos.....Actually, no.

I remember thinking something like "Hey! This is like Rise of the Triad but harder and more gritty!" Poor youthful me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal

ravinghobo posted:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention it, (never really looked too hard either.) but that game had a few demo versions trickling out slowly that I played and it was pretty amusing to see how they just mangled it further and further in every version, like they started out with a few good ideas, and then,....Damnit I wish I could remember more about those demos.....Actually, no.

I remember thinking something like "Hey! This is like Rise of the Triad but harder and more gritty!" Poor youthful me.

PO'ed kind of did the same thing except in the reverse and I really thought it was neat to play the newest demo and go back to the first one and check out all the things that changed,...I was waay too excited for that nonsensical game so the 3do could really show what a beast it was!
Still think that damned game is really impressive in a I drank too much cough syrup holy gently caress sorta way.

P.S. I post gud.

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
Been looking forward to checking here and seeing some kind of news like that.

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
Someday I will play Zero Tolerance multiplayer.

Augh! Top of page?!
What little music there is is fun too, even if it makes my tinitus scream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9aQ-Y0wOcI

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
Neat, I'm a cool person now!
Guess that was the final reason needed for me to get a copy of Strife.

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
My first personal copy of Doom was for the 32x. It didn't take me long to notice that the music was slightly less than pc quality. Heh.
Wore out my trusty Offspring cassette and one labeled Korn and Limp Biskit that was actually Deftones' first album, Adrenaline on one side, which was nice.

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
Anybody know why I'm getting Doom weapons and enemies in Ashes?
Just doing the drag and drop into GzDoom method like it says to and music, menus, and maps all work fine like expected,..

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
I solved my issue, should've just been not lazy and tried out extracting the files and dragging and dropping those.
Having a lot of fun ferreting out secrets and stuff so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal

The Kins posted:

As an update: There's now a pay-what-you-want version of the eBook version. Which is to say, there's a link to a PDF file accompanied by a Paypal link. If you like learning how things work and don't mind eBooks, give it a look and chip him a few bucks, because he makes basically no money off the print version.

Gotta remember this link, bought the Wolfenstein 3d book to help encourage a Doom book existing, really blows that they make less than a small order of fries off the physical copy, which I will get eventually still, heh it just stinks that reality's got reality.