Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Goddamn I love Brutal Doom; it made my old disc of Doom 2 feel fresh and new with all that arachnotron-mangling, flipping-off action. I'd love to get in on some coop action with any of you guys over Steam.

Anyone have some suggestions on level .wads that go well with it? I never really got into Doom mods prior to that Stronghold defense game of yesteryear, and I need more excuses to pull the arms off of those rear end in a top hat Revenants and bat their smug faces into the next level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Vertigus posted:

Brutal Doom makes any Doom map pack 10x more fun. Even those horrible maps that make you fight imps and barons with your BARE loving HANDS.
I think this works much better. Doom 2 Reloaded's "stealth" level became a hilarious joke when I picked up a Beserker pack from a dead imp. The ambush corridor took on a permanent red paint-job after I was through with it.

Also, I finally got through Hell Revealed with Brutal Doom (on hurt me plenty) You gotta love dying fifty times to a Spider Mastermind in a dead-end elevator room until you finally get it in your head to frantically sprint and jump entirely over the drat thing's enormous sprite, grab the key, then rocket to back to the elevator you came from at single-digit health.

Also gently caress Reverants on Brutal Doom. They happily launch volley after volley of high-damage missiles that home in on your green rear end and then proceed to beat you int the face with their little bony fists at a million miles per hour. But on the other hand every time I manage to RIP-AND-TEAR one it's like a little Christmas.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Zero Star posted:

This cannot be overstated. Revenants are cocks who will quite happily fire missiles into your face at point-blank range as a counter-attack. :argh:

...Which makes every opportunity to bat their heads off with their own arms a cathartic experience in Brutal Doom. Those assholes run faster than imps, punch harder than demons, and poo poo out rockets like they're going out of style.

Quick question, where does Skulltag save screenshots/how can I change the screenshot directory? I need to show other visual evidence of why Brutal Doom is so amazing, but I can't seem to find the screenshots folder no matter how much digging I do.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

In my experience, most Brutal Doom + WADs are usually pretty fun on HMP or UV. The problem is that it feels like every map maker eventually puts you in a situation that is more or less impossible with the changes Brutal Doom makes. For Scythe, it's Anger (Map 23). For EPIC 2, it's Orion's Belt (Map 14) when it decides to lock you in a small arena with four cyberdemons and an arch-vile. Even if you do somehow survive the irregular 24-missile volleys (you won't), it rewards you with 20 homing-missile-machinegunning Revenants. Community Chest 2's Elixir (Map 5) can be an exercise in frustration, since it has hundreds of zombies. Regardless of how clever you are in disposing of the 40 and 50 man waves, their improved hitscan weapons will wither away more of your health than the map provides.

I really don't like save scumming--usually I try to power through a whole map without reloading--and I really don't like using cheat codes to get through impossible situations. But I have yet to find a 32-level WAD that doesn't have at least one scenario where you're pretty much hosed.

That being said, what I played of both "The Ultimate Torment and Torture" and "ZPack" was thoroughly difficult, but manageable. They might be worth looking into if you haven't already. Also, I've gone through about half of "Threshold of Pain" on UV and while I'm consistently hurting, I haven't quit in frustration (yet.)
I just managed to polish-off Scythe 2 with Brutal Doom on Ultraviolent, myself. Holy poo poo did those last few maps become horrible death-traps. I managed to clear all of them without cheats, but everything after the Gardens had more than a few instances where I had to exploit my ability to jump and duck to survive those gangs of Revenants. God help you if you started Forgotten City with less than 200 health and armor.

So that's Scythe, NeoDoom, NewDoom, Hell Revealed, and Reloaded under my belt; I might give Threshold a try. (gently caress Revenants)

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

JerryLee posted:

Here's an update of sorts that I found linked on Doomworld. There are also some character models floating around now, I guess.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-leaked-images-are-indeed-from-doom-4-new-hard-evidence-about-the-games-identity/

Looking at the character models seems to reinforce the idea that the vibe will be survivalist instead of military (even a recently-wiped-out-except-for-you military). I'm really not sure how I feel about that in the wake of FO3 and Borderlands and Rage and uuuuuughhhh. Maybe these are all just NPCs. Maybe I shouldn't speculate in a near-vacuum.

One thing I did think was amusing was the amount of shotgun shells on the outside of one of those models. I guess we know how Doomguy will be carrying around his ammo now. :v:

edit: Random :spergin: detail that caught my eye: The railway cars visible in one of the shots clearly have non-American-style bumpers on the ends.

Combine those player models with the screens showing off what looks to be an underground refugee shelter, I'd say yeah, there's a definite "Terminator-future-war"-ish vibe being established, with a bunch of ragtag survivors going up against an overwhelming monster army.

Also, if you're looking at the same Doomworld topic I'm looking at, this picture may be somewhat relevant as well:

http://i.imgur.com/NPL7E.png

I really, really want to page through those binders on the table.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
The guy behind Brutal Doom continues to excite and utterly-freak-me-out with how much detail he puts into the death and gore mechanics of his mod, and now that he posted a recent video showing off his progress with new explosion-related deaths for zombiemen in v.16, I start to question whether I should keep cheering this guy on or try to find him psychiatric help.

Then I remember that he's yet to implement fatalities for the Cyberdemon.

Also are there any good, brutal doom-co-op-friendly doom 2 wads out there that feature heavily on loads of small enemies (zombiemen/imps/demons)? Prowling around the doomseeker servers for new and interesting material has left me with nothing but a bunch of really awful jump-pad maps, unfinished wads, and some kind of horrible Sonic the Hedgehog level pack.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Kazvall posted:

Neodoom, scythe, ghoul series, alien vendetta, and doom the way id did it(doom wad), all come to mind. poo poo, I'd like to host all these, myself. New router next month...

All but the Ghoul series you mention I have utterly demolished with Brutal Doom, but I'll try out Ghoul if it means not having to deal with someone's huge grey box-map filled with arachnotrons set to lovely MIDI-versions of Sonic the Hedgehog music.

And for today's Brutal Doom .16 preview, SgtMarkIV (or just Mark?) gives us the opportunity to go all Clarence Boddicker on a Former Commando.

edit: You can count me in on any Stronghold or Brutal Doom shenanigans, Kazvall.

ChickenHeart fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 21, 2012

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
I dig the prowess; the capacity for violence (by your voicework)! That said, I would love it if .16 came with voice options so everyone can pick and choose whether they want fewer taunts/Danny Glover mode/no voices at all. (edit: I am a stupid, stupid imp who can't read the youtube comments; there will be said options!)

Still on the fence about the former human voices, though. They remind me a bit of the Z-sec from Doom 3, except without the creepy unintelligible monster-babble that I love.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
The Pokemon Doom wad is certainly a surreal, confusing monster of a mod. But Brutal Pokemon Doom? The things I've seen...

When you've experienced a poorly drawn-and-animated Totodile sprite suddenly incinerating your entire team, with you cowering inside the Pokemon hospital while their still-screaming bodies writhe in incandescent agony like living torches, and hear that abomination laugh in it's horrific, gravely, lifted-directly-from-the-cartoon-with-music-still-in-the-background voice, then maybe I can talk about the horrors I've witnessed.

/edit: Also running through the insides of a cruise liner as a group, bursting into cabins to systematically gun down unaware pokemon still in their beds and having the dawning realization that you're literally turning into a no-hostages boat hijacker

ChickenHeart fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Apr 18, 2012

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
After finally trudging through the last few levels of Brutal "Community Chest 2" with Irish and a few other goons, I can safely say "gently caress lost souls." dropping into a huge room with five pain elementals constantly spewing those flaming skulls to the point where you can't even shoot at them without hitting a lost soul instead and jesus they move so fast where did my health go oh god they're spawn camping me.

Also, to whoever made those last few levels: I don't mind keyhunts. jumping puzzles? Sure. Switch puzzles and races? Why not! Crusher mazes? Okay with me! But all of the above, packed into a gigantic, sprawling map filled with well over 800 monsters? I've never wanted to punch a mapper so hard before that trainwreck of a level.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Looks like the non-test Brutal Doom .16 release is just around the corner. Have some footage of demons being lit on fire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQlL_7uEc6I&list=UU_NSOckDnuypJK_FpCO6ogA&index=1&feature=plcp

In other news, I finally got around to downloading GZDoom for the sole purpose of trying out Reelism, and despite having issues with downloading old version of ZDoom, I do not regret it. Everything in it is loving amazing, from the enormous battle tanks, the ROTT-style flamethrower, to having the goddamn world's-most-boringest-ghost pop up and pump you full of plasma is freaking stupendous. Hell, even getting the "alien invasion" enemy wave and discovering that it's made up of re-purposed Duke Nukem Advance enemies put a smile on my face. And Kins, you have an excellent taste in SNES music.

Though, I don't suppose you could do something to make the "Blue Magic" and melee weapon loadouts not suck so much rear end in the future? Those laser gun projectiles are so slow, they'd probably get outrun by fat-rear end mancubuses.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Turns out that trawling the gigantic list of skulltag servers for new wads to try out in Brutal Doom is a great way of traveling back in time, but with horrible user-made maps.

Download a promising wad with a cool name like "BETWEEN DEMON CLAWS;" get treated to a yawning expanse of grey blocks chock full of Reverents, Chaingunners, and a handful of Spider Masterminds; have to noclip to the end because it requires six keys found in opposite corners of the map behind a wall of Cyberdemons and teleporter mazes; reach the Intermission screen and get treated to pixelated fanart of Cloud and Sephiroth from Final Fantasy.

It was like discovering someone's godawful Geocites page, right down to the lovely MIDI-versions of Linkin Park songs.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Okay, maybe SgtMark is getting just a wee tad bit out of hand with the amount of detail he's putting into Brutal Doom...

...now that he's added loving monster infighting executions. But drat, look at that torso fly.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Last time I checked, SgtMark was going to release .16 with a separate add-on that would restore the original Doom sounds/Danny Glover quote. On top of that, all of the voiceclips are through keybinds, completely at your discretion so you can have a silent Doomguy if you wanted or the psychopathic loudmouth Doom Comic guy.

Also on the rocket launcher, are you referring to the Mancubus Cannon he's using in the beginning of that linked video, or the actual rocket launcher used at the end with the drum clip? 'Cause I think it's a neat touch-up of the original weapon; it shares the same basic shape and color scheme of Doom's launcher, but with some extra gubbins that give it a powerful, chunky appeal and a kickass reloading sound that I love.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Thompsons posted:

Wait, there's a grenade launcher now? Where the hell is it?

It appears as a random drop from dead Mancubuses in wads that don't normally spawn it, but the chance for it is really low. With a larger blast radius than the rocket launcher, it makes rooms full of low-health monsters very entertaining.

So far I'm enjoying the new release, but I won't touch the new gib sprites no matter how high-resolution they turn out to be. So far I'm still a fan of the new doomguy and zombie sounds; they're more-or-less the same voices used by the old Doom 3 Alpha.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
I just discovered that you can deliver a flying kick while in the air on Brutal Doom. Suddenly the old Downtown map became an ultraviolent Bruce Lee film as everything in sight was launched off of ledges and/or decapitated via constant kicking. I still love this loving game (and your voicework, Chinese Tony Danza; I hope you manage to work in some more lines/improve the wonkier ones in the future).

Also has anyone else run into a weird issue with burning demons and monster infighting? Almost every time I kill a demon with the mancubus cannon while it's in a group it manages to run around and damage everything around it, pissing off other monsters and getting them to strike back. This is hilarious to watch and all, except that they'll continue to wail on the burning demon even after it collapses to the ground. Perhaps slow-roasted demon is irresistible to other monsters.

ChickenHeart fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jun 17, 2012

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Hadlock posted:

iD software/Valve are going to be doing a bunch of joint panels at Quakecon in Dallas next week(end), might be worth checking out. I've gone to a few panels over the years and they're always really eye opening and extremely interesting/informative. Quakecon is free.

Also, Carmack is going to be demoing this thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYa8kirsUfg
Is it just me or has Carmack stopped aging since the late 90's?

Yes all signs point to Doom 4 as the "old ip coming back" hinted on twitter, but drat would my inner-child explode with joy on hearing the announcement of a new Commander Keen (or ROTT as others have speculated; modern ragdoll physics coupled with the Excalibat? I'm throwing away my money already).

And in other news, the next version of Brutal Doom will feature, amongst other things, the ability to kill enemies with falling damage and kicked gibs.

If that last bit in the video is correct, you could potentially decapitate an enemy with the decapitated head of his friend.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Those images did not sell the game to me; generic blank faces, textures that looked like someone puked up a detail tool all over them, all over a drab grey castle environment?

Then I watched the trailer, and as soon as that metal version of Fastway started up the hairs on the back of my neck all stood up and suddenly all the memories of drunken missiles, flying bird-flipping arms, and trashcan robots all began to flood back into memory. If they can do something about the "generic" appearance of the game between now and release, I think we got a serious competitor to Serious Sam 3 here.

Also good to know that the Apogee revival didn't die with that Duke Nukem DS game. (please please please let this sell tons so we can get Alien Carnage remade as a sidescrolling action roguelike)

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Things have been a little quiet from SgtMarkIV concerning Brutal Doom .17 lately, but he recently threw up this nice little image to show off one of many new animations to show up in the next version:

And yes, that is a separate death animation for headshotting a zombieman with your fists, complete with missing jaw and flying teeth gibs. I love it.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

I kind of regret doing the taunts for Brutal Doom, because it seems like basically everyone hates them and I feel like I'm responsible for ruining a part of the game for everybody.
I thought your voicework fit perfectly with the over-the-top deathmetal quality the game exudes, distorted quality and all and I was gonna ask you over steam to give a friend of mine lessons on how to properly speak action one-liners in a non-monotone voice v:unsmith:v

Also I found a WIP of Brutal Doom .17 being played on a Skulltag server; the zombiemen voices are gone apart from the "prolonged, agonizing death" scream which I love so dear. And the BFG 10K is as ridiculous as it sounds, and kills everything (including you) in seconds as long as you have the ammo to spare.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Brutal Doom 0.17 has a release date, and a new trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTWP3wvAUuQ&list=UU_NSOckDnuypJK_FpCO6ogA&index=1&feature=plcp

Still not sold on those "prone imp" animations and the barrel explosions look waay too over-the-top, but other than that I can't wait for the 31st to roll around so I can forcibly-remove another man's jaw with my bare hands and watch him squeal in horrible agony!

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Convex posted:

Pain Elementals (gently caress those things)

Pain Elementals become an enormous, floating "PUNCH ME FOR HEALTH" sign when you're a Beserker-packin' man-and-a-half. :black101: The fact that their execution animation wouldn't be out of place on a heavy metal cover is also an incentive to shove your fists into their big, goofy faces.

As for Archviles, you can easily best one you catch alone with the help of the Minigun's alt-fire. The sheer amount of rounds that thing spews means that you'll almost always interrupt any attack the Archvile tries to make, even with their teeny-tiny pain chance. Hell, if I were SgtMarkIV, I'd give them some kind of horribly-damaging melee attack (those claws do look pretty nasty) just to make those bastards more threatening.

Revenants will always make me sweat, though. Picking up a key and immediately hearing a wall open up followed by a dozen "rocket-toting-skeleton-has-spotted-your-sorry-rear end" noises never fails to put a chill down my spine.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Brutal Doom .17 is out for Zandorum:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gbx7m94i77a2xj0

The Skulltag version is still taking its sweet time going through Modb authentication, though.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Jefferoo posted:

Anyone know the changelog from the test versions to 0.17?

SgtMarkIV didn't post any notes on .17 due to him having "fixed too many bugs, improved too many effects, and polished too many animations to make a list of it." I'm too busy trying to figure out Zandorum at the moment to see for myself, though.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
So yeah, in the new version of Brutal Doom your Beserker-punches are swung as fast as you can mash the fire key. Thanks to this the past few levels of Community Chest 3 have been converted into some kind of Fist of the North Star film, with skulls being caved in, torsos turned into clouds of goo, and so, so many zombiemen being kicked off of high platforms. I think SgtMarkIV is about two updates away from making Brutal Doom into a full-fledged beat-em-up, at this rate.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Hell Revealed 2 can be a huge jerk of a wad, sometimes.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
At least Revenants don't resurrect all the Hellknights you just slaughtered when they come pouring out of a door like it was some kind of demented clown car:

Not Pictured: Holding down the fire button on the BFG in the vain hope of killing them all before getting instagibbed by a half-dozen consecutive fire attacks.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah, and the measurement for the Hell Knight confused me too: "Tough as a dump truck and nearly as big..." made me think of something that was monstrous in size. Hell Knights weren't that big.

Ungh, I think I'm on the 27th map of EPIC 2 and the author suddenly felt the need to stuff ~130 revenants into a medium-sized, donut-shaped room. They've all got their backs to you when you enter the room, and if you attack them from the very edge of the room, they won't hear you. Eventually, though--after you've whittled down 40 or 50 of them from this sneaky position--you'll have to enter the room to get a clear shot at the remainder, thus alerting the other 65 or 70 of them.

Fighting 65 or 70 (a "clusterfuck", I believe the measurement is) revenants in a relatively tight area, with half of them coming at you from behind and the other half to the front...not very great.

gently caress you, EPIC 2 author. Once I get to map 20 or so, I become hellbent on finishing a WAD, but you're making it so hard for me to put up with your brainless "more monsters" bullshit.

I really enjoyed EPIC 2 up until around the time you finish off the spaceship maps; a few maps after that the author decides to replace all the neat map geometry and vague sense of narrative with "MORE MONSTERS MEANS MORE CHALLENGE." One of the last maps gets really awful, with a giant, sprawling cathedral that you have to navigate in order to find a number of switches that will unlock the exit; have fun backtracking through previously-cleared rooms, humping the walls in order to find one!

By the time you get to the final map you have just lost all interest in the WAD and want to clear it for completionist's sake.

Gotta give the author props for using a MIDI-fied version of Total Recall for one of the maps, though.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Al-Saqr posted:

What WAD is this crazy horde of revenants/archviles picture from?!

The Archvile conga-line is from Hell Revealed 2. Definitely not a wad for the faint of heart, as the later levels feature kill-counts up to the several-hundreds. With Brutal Doom, make sure you save often unless you like starting over from stepping into a trap that spawned a dozen chaingunners 5 feet behind you.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Speaking of the ROTT remake, another remixed track showed up on Soundcloud, a metal version of Smoke and Mirrors:

https://soundcloud.com/rott-music

Also holy crap the video of the new "smarter" Imps in Brutal Doom just cracks me up with all the hopping they do while trying to dodge rockets; I imagine some of the more heavily-populated custom maps will end up having entire mobs of them bunnyhopping in complete synch like some kind of demonic line dance.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
As unlikely as it is I hope that Cacoward is actually some kind of physical trophy that you can display in your home, Kins. That way, when family and loved ones stop by you can proudly boast to them that you were recognized for making a mod for a decades-old violent video game out of blatantly-stolen resources from other games.

Also the trophy would be completely two-dimensional and always be facing the viewer regardless of the angle they are viewing it at (also also when can we expect the next release, I need to throw a brick at Mecha-Hitler like you wouldn't imagine).

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
For those that haven't already, you should really follow Rise of the Triad's Facebook page. They frequently post some neat concepts and renders alongside fan-made stuff, and so far it's done nothing but raise my faith in Interceptor's handling of the license:

Even the gun models are chock full of little touches.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
At every E3 that rolls around I hope against hope that Epic will suddenly announce a brand-spankin' new Unreal game that will harken back to the original tone and style of the first game; ie, being trapped on a bizarre alien planet filled with loads of hostile monsters and mysterious temples with no-one but your own isolation and the doomed logs of dead survivors to keep you company. Huge levels, exploration, and a hint of survival mechanics would make for an awesome single player experience.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
In other, more brutal news, SgtMarkwhatever adds yet more ridiculous features to a decades-old game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXXNz7vnsCo&list=UU_NSOckDnuypJK_FpCO6ogA&index=1

Oh my.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Here's another preview of Brutal Doom V18, now with more arson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCku84-m5J0&list=UU_NSOckDnuypJK_FpCO6ogA&index=1

I can't wait to see how well this works on those huge Chaingun-guy bunkers in some of the Hell Revealed maps.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
If you want a picture of the future of Brutal Doom V18, imagine a Doomguy crushing a zombieman's face in with a rifle - forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRQOqkxOZXk&list=UU_NSOckDnuypJK_FpCO6ogA&index=1

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Scyther posted:

I never got much into the mod scene for Doom, but I'm having a stupid amount of fun with Reelism. :haw:

Is the new Reelism out? I could desperately use something other than turpentine to drown my despair after experiencing Colonial Marines.

edit: Brutal Doom V18's comin' out tommorow. Righteous.

ChickenHeart fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 14, 2013

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

RyokoTK posted:

1) It's really disingenuous to get the flame immunity reel, only to find that Sectoids can still damage you. It looks like fire, man!
2) Why can't the Duke weapons use common ammo? What makes the chaingun cannon so different from the other two chainguns? It sucks getting the Duke reel since you get a bunch of mediocre weapons with no ammo, and as soon as the round is over you have a bunch of dead weight guns that you can't refill.

I feel a lot of the Duke weapon reel's problems could be solved by making the ammo drops more generous and replacing the lackluster freeze-thrower with a totally-kickin'-rad Devastator. Also the alien reel could really use a second enemy-types; as it is, getting them on open maps such as Abridged will often spell doom for your ability to see past a million flame sprites.

Still having loads of fun with Reelism, though! I absolutely adore the second forms some of the bosses possess (I couldn't help but crack up at THE MOTHERFUCKING WIZARD IN A MONSTER TRUCK, and I'd love to see more attack patterns/alternate forms implemented in the future.

Poor Dog-Pope and the Macguffin could really use something to make them less of a joke to fight

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
The new Rise of the Triad will be appearing at PAX, and as a little taste of what's to come, Interceptor linked this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jam-lXgop2I&feature=youtu.be

My faith in this game knows no bounds. (also TF2 items are rumored to be in the pipeline)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Some multiplayer footage of the new Rise of the Triad game has popped up from PAX, and...uh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey_Wey4y40c&feature=youtu.be

Did they seriously just implement a little Barkley photo to pop up whenever you perform a Firebomb slam, ala the "Toasty" guy?