Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

jeeves posted:

As someone who played Spy a lot, I loved all of the darkness in QWTF maps.

Canalzon was one of the best and I will knife anyone who says different.

quoting for full agreement - I had completely forgotten about Canalzone but it was, relatively speaking given this was 1998 or so, an expansive map with a myriad routes, including vertical movement, and, even ignoring the engine constraints, had personality/atmosphere that was fun to just run around in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

ChickenHeart posted:

Getting close to finishing Quake 4, and now I have a hankerin' for some Quake Wars. I remember having tons of fun with the early-access beta back in the day, but I have no idea what the state of the game is now. Can you even buy it anywhere?

I don't think so, which is a shame :/

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Diabetes Forecast posted:

Everyone always forgets Gunman Chronicles, despite it being rad as gently caress.

hell yeah - will always remember it fondly

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

juggalo baby coffin posted:

Brutal Doom 64 is probably my favourite brutal doom thing because its missing most of the creepier feeling stuff from brutal doom while still adding the gore effects that make everything feel more powerful.

agreed; it’s also the only Doom 64 thing I’ve ever spent any time with, so the novelty of the levels and monsters helps also.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

capture the flag mode, NICE

:yeah: