Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Shadow Hog posted:

His YouTube channel, at the very least. Also Kinsie!

Episode 1: "Entryway"
Episode 2: "That's One Nuked Duke"

Between this, Doom4 going on sale and the 20 Years of Doom thread I've slowly fallen back into the Doom hole.

Didn't even know I missed Doom so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I need this in my life.

You're a goddamned wizard.

EDIT: Listening to the Term/Kins/SGT podcast (loving it, btw :allears:) and I have to say, I also pretty much play Scythe/Scythe 2 exclusively with Demonsteele. It's like they were meant to go together.

Oh yeah are there any other decent map packs that go well with Demonsteele? I can only chop up Doom 2 maps for so long. Also Teminus needs some proper player sprites :v: I wonder if he's still looking for an artist

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The Icon of sin is really cool.....as a wall texture. I don't know what they were thinking making a boss be literally a tiny hole in a wall that spawns monsters at you

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Negrostrike posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjEnNa9w0xQ

Level looks baller.
Gearbox can still go get hosed, though.

Oh wow you guys Amsterdam, Duke is gonna get stooooooonnnnneed :420:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's High Times, get it? :hurr:

Oh Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Actually I would entirely forgive weed jokes if we got a voice sample of John Saint John singing "everybody must get stooooned" in his Duke voice, like who am I kidding?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Eh I was eight when I first played Ultimate Doom and I turned out fiiiiine..

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I've been looking into it in the last few weeks and even though I love spriting for my own doofy games, the size, pallette and amount of rotation each enemy has is throwing cold water over it all. Especially because I like to make super smooth animations.

It might be fun to rotoscope some toys like id did way way back though.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh my God the last 3-5 levels of Scythe2 are loving insane

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Gibbed by a moving door?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

This was me as I finally decided to hit IDDQD after having to fight another pair of giant skull tank cyberdemons

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Doomguy is a rolemodel for all ages and genders :colbert:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Hee heee heeee

:iamafag:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

TerminusEst13 posted:

I've never been able to figure out what causes that glitch and it pisses me off so much, but people like it so much that at this point I think it'd be a waste to fix it.

Heh heh I love it. Been playing with Demon Steele all week (too much if I'm gonna be honest) and it's the first time I've encountered it

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Did the Romeros ever finish that Taco van game with one of their kids? It looked cute

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Ive been messing around with the default sprites, trying to figure them out before I try make my own or do any serious edits, and man, gently caress their bloody M16s. They block their whole drat torso and I'm already too lazy to draw over them :v:

I do really like the zombieman pistol pose in Brutal Doom, it's very strong.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Shoehead posted:

Ive been messing around with the default sprites, trying to figure them out before I try make my own or do any serious edits, and man, gently caress their bloody M16s. They block their whole drat torso and I'm already too lazy to draw over them :v:

I do really like the zombieman pistol pose in Brutal Doom, it's very strong.

Actually forget that, I'm not too lazy

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Looking at him on my phone it looks like he has a small case of the Donkey Kongas.

Ah well should be easy to adjust him a little here and there...

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Negrostrike posted:

The abdomen looks pretty weird, but it's not too bad. It's a start I guess.
Yesterday I was helping my friend with some sprites for his upcoming sequel for Shrooms (now on idgames ;)).

His entire lower torso and crotch are a mystery to me. For example, is Doomguy wearing a codpiece? Cos he kid of looks like it from some angles.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Cardboard Box A posted:

Not an FPS but someone finally made an Abuse clone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhoQljEmEP0

It's pretty good, (especially because I have no idea how to run Abuse on a modern PC) but I've been having a problem were I can't see poo poo. It could do with a once over to make enemies and switches pop a little more.

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Oct 6, 2016

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Kamrat posted:

This might help 1 and 2

Abuse is an open source game so there's probably ports all over the place.

Augh yeh

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

laserghost posted:

Have you tried to turn off the visual effects? It really cleans up the display.

That's actually made a pretty noticeable difference. Those jetpack guys are pretty fun to explode.

The Kins posted:

These shots of materials used to create the original sprites might help you:

Ah he DOES have a codpeice. I guess the UAC were worried about their marines playing Roshambo.

I found some nice shots of his lower body in some of those unused death animations and retouched him. He's the guy in the centre

I can definitely appreciate why there are so many Rips and headswaps and recolours now :sweatdrop:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

How the hell do you even do a review of H-Doom without just mosaic-tiling like 3/4 of the screen?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Brilliant, now we can all get in the D-zone on thr reg. :bigtran:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

While this is incredible, I'd still totally buy the hard copy. This just means you never have to open it up. :allears:

I completely regret loading my Death Day cd to someone in secondary school like 14 years ago.
Luckily I found it online a few years back so I can enjoy such amazing things as a Bill Clinton Cacodemon and aaaaaa.wad

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

laserghost posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q27E4-v7hZ8

stay classy, GBX, stay classy.

Apparenty there was going to be a "take that" at Sam in DNF, with Dukester asking impaled head of Sam "why so serious?"

I'm Sam's tiny Tom Robinson arm.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Woah this made me a little doomsick

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The Doom collection is €7 over on Humble atm if anyone reading this thread...somehow doesn't.... own Doom?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I thought it was a super misplaced joke about his beard, and then they kind of no sold it and I was like oh, like calling a fat guy "Slim", that's really weird...

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Linguica posted:

To put it in a little more context, the guy was really running himself ragged - he had a full time job doing Real Programming at IBM or whatever, and then was basically doing Doom source hacking basically every other free moment of time he had.

Lol imagine how much more time he could have had to himself if he wasn't intentionally spaghetti coding the poo poo out of his mod.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I've had my eye on some nice metal toy revolver\winchester playset. I'm totally tempted to try it out some time

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Kinsie, don't torture yourself!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Yeah I know, people who smooth pixels are weird

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Well you could at least shoot those

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

CJacobs posted:

Alternatively, it is a harness, but not for your shoulders

edit

no doomguy stop that

You missed this option, which I think with all the teleportation going on in all 4 Dooms is pretty plausible

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
BundyDoom

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Are those ripped sprites from Carmageddon 1?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Woah Wolfendoom is really fun. The super soldiers are very tough though

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
If I remember right some version of DNF had a sidekick character called Bombshell. So I just figured this Bombshell was related somehow.

Oh wait here she is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Space Mutiny era Reb Brown would be my pick.