Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Here's a Doc Cottle I had lying around from a while back:

Sherman 'Doc' Cottle (Support):

Surgery: Once per turn, you may move a player from sickbay to any Galactica location.

Life and Death: Once per game, as an action, you may increase or decrease population by one.

Indispensable: You may only move to Galactica or New Caprica locations.

I also had a Hot Dog:

Brendan 'Hotdog' Costanza (Pilot) (3xPIL, 2xTAC)

Innocent: Whenever you are required to draw treachery cards, you may choose not to draw.

Lucky shot: (Action) Once per game while piloting a viper, roll a die and destroy that many raiders or heavy raiders in your location.

Overconfident: When you make an attack while piloting a viper and roll a 1, resolve the attack as normal and then move to sickbay. This result is not negated by strategic planning or calculations.

Hot Dog's static doesn't work for an unrevealed cylon, I'm not quite sure how to change it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Pander posted:

For Hot Dog, instead of choosing to draw or not, he can choose to draw or not. If he chooses not to, he may instead draw one card of any type within his skillset. Drawing a card this way can only occur once per turn.

Yeah, I'd thought about that. It still means electing to draw treachery would instantly flag you as a cylon, but at least it provides a benefit to both sides.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Cocks Cable posted:

Lead Scout -- Action: Once per game, you may examine the top 5 cards of the Destination Deck. Then return them to the top or bottom of the deck in any order you choose.

5 cards seems overpowered from the destination deck - particularly in a game where there's not a lot of scouting going on. Maybe 3? Otherwise you have the potential to trim (or add) multiple jumps to the game. (e.g. you draw 3,3,2,1,1).

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Some Numbers posted:

Gifted Surgeon: When you choose a player with "Executive Order," if that player is in the "Sickbay" location, they may move and take two actions.

Even though XO chaining is basically de rigeur, this is still out-of-flavour with the other character abilities, which don't rely on any other specific cards or abilities.

How about Movement: Move any human player in Sick Bay to any other Galactica location. You may then draw one skill card from within your skill set.

The draw part is optional but gives him a motivation to forgo his move action. Other option is allow him to move as normal but also move someone out of sickbay for free.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Here's what I had for a Billy OPG:

Transparency: Once per game, you may look at all loyalty cards belonging to the President. You may then pass the president title to the next player (other than yourself) in the presidential line of succession.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Cocks Cable posted:

--OPG 1--> Life and Death -- Once per game, when another player is sent to or starts their turn in Sickbay, you may return their character to the game box. It may no longer be used during the game. That player then chooses a new character, placing that character in his starting location. Follow rules for selecting specific characters after an Execution.

As worded this could be used on infiltrating cylon leaders as well, which could really mess up the balance. Suggest if you go with this to specify 'human player'.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Some Numbers posted:

I know this was a few pages ago, but I need to correct this.

Maintenance Engineer -- During your turn, after you use a Repair Skill Card, you may take another action (once per turn).

:colbert:

Good point, I didn't even think of that. Precedent granted.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

DontMockMySmock posted:

This is EXTREMELY rare, FYI.

And even when it does happen, you're at most a few turns from the end of the game so it's not like you're missing out on much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Gort posted:

I wonder if this is a bit too good. Heavy raiders are an incredible pain in the rear end to destroy. Perhaps it should cost 2 to destroy a heavy? (EG: A roll of 3 could kill 1 heavy and 1 normal raider) It'd still be worth it.

Hard to word that concisely though. Generally speaking there's not usually more than one heavy raider in a single space area anyway; being able to take out more than that would be an edge case sufficiently rare that it wouldn't be game-breaking to allow it.

• Locked thread