Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
Can I reserve a signup slot in a game? I feel like I keep missing them because I'm at an odd timezone (7 hours ahead of EST). Or maybe I'm just lazy and only check this thread and not the main tradgames forum because I'm used to mafia having an announcement thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender

Some Numbers posted:

The thing is, Crises are, by design, mostly downside for the humans. And flavorwise, that makes a lot of sense, because the fleet is running and despite the constant threat of being blasted out of the sky by Cylons, the civilians still have time to hold elections, complain about rations and have riots.

Making a Crisis with an upside feels...off to me. I mean, there are some Crises, like the ones that give extra Jump Prep or +1 to a resources or Legendary Discovery that help, but they all carry a risk. You don't get the benefit without committing to a Skill Check and running the risk of losing something.

Eh, I think there is room for something like the following:

-1 food and draw 2 POL even if it is outside your skillset.

or

Draw a civilian ship and sacrifice it, then all players draw 1 card.

or the like.
---

Yes, you get a guaranteed loss of a resource, but it is a tactical tradeoff for cards. That fits the flavor (hey, lets sacrifice a stripped down civilian ship for some breathing room. Hey, lets give some extra food out to build political goodwill.) and it is a bit more flexibility in the game as well.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
I would like to see consequences trigger off a Str-6 card personally.

Maybe consequences trigger off a Str-0 or Str-6, but if it is a reckless, then it is 2/8 or whatever?

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
I'd be really interested in an ionian nebula write your own character game.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
I'm also down.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Stream of consciousness following:

Resurrection Hub could be cool, but I'd like to see things set up so ALL of these things could be played together. The hub, New Caprica, Crossroads, etc.

I think I'd like to see more things happen automatically at various distances, in line with the lore storyline; this would require the Sleeper rules to be rewritten, say Sleeper phase happen at distance 3 (or even 2 though that would be hugely hard for humans without a thorough rewriting of what happens in Sleeper) instead of 4, new caprica could happen earlier in the game at say distance 5 but not be the actual end of the game (be rewritten to be less damaging to resources, or resources bumped to match), Res. Hub could come at say Distance 6 or 7, and Ionian Nebula/Crossroads at 8.

Might also call for the resources to be bumped up a bit and the distance lengthened to 10 to add enough room. Basically what I'd like to see is that something "event-wise" happens every jump cycle unless it is distance 1, in which case you might get an empty cycle. I think this would bring things more in line with the overall plot of the show, without having to give up one story aspect in order to get another gameplay aspect (e.g. give up NC to get IN instead, for instance).

Res Hub: FTL should be boosting CFB pursuit track, not backtracking the galactica jump track. That's sick nasty strong and makes no sense to me flavor wise. Also a "0" to pass?

Hull: I don't get it -- if the ship was going to be destroyed what else would you damage? Is the ship perma-invulnerable now?

Storage: Would it be too strong if instead of "Discard top of all; draw from any discard..." it was "Discard top of ANY; draw from any discard"? That way you have a bit more control over what card you draw? Otherwise since you are discarding all first, then drawing from any you may as well just be drawing 1 directly (unless the point is to burn down the decks). It can't be used to "graverob" a recently discarded card you want, because another card will be placed on top of it first before the draw. On the other hand, I could see it being abused to ensure a steady stream of Str -0/6 cards constantly being discarded/brought back. So maybe that's out of necessity.

Attack scenarios -- see above about my thought that this not necessarily end the game, but rather be a phase of it. Also, if the fleet doesn't need to jump anymore, then what is the point of having a location that moves the jump prep back?

Tech -- you know what I'd love to see integrated somehow? The Blackbird.
Jump Accelerator -- is the "if 2" thing meaning "Roll a 2, decrease distance" or does it mean "If distance is 2 or greater, decrease it by 1"? The latter sounds better to me.

Controlled Sun -- not enough benefit? Risking that much pop for only 1 gain? Is that a 1 time gain or can you activate any time?

That's all for now.

Meh I'm probably super wrong about all of this but I like the ideas.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Let's do it. I'm being serious.

I'm totally in on that.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
In case you aren't watching, Personal Goal Party Rock: Every day I'm shufflin' is one of the best games that I've watched so far on the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
FYI, Grey Hunter (he of LP fame) is doing a BSG-themed Rogue Trader game, with a potential cylon sleeper mechanic. Might still be time to get in on it, we only have like 4 players.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3490040

• Locked thread