Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Active666
Apr 3, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

Back on the topic of remote assistance tools, does anyone have any experience with ScreenConnect? The website looks like poo poo, the product features are pretty extensive, and the pricing is incredibly keen.

Is it cheap for a reason? I'm probably going to trial it but it would be good to know if I'm wasting my time before I get too far in.

We use it in our shop for clients that aren't on GFI. It works great and the only issues we run into are users with chrome who don't know how to launch a downloaded file.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Active666
Apr 3, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

Sounds good. Roughly how many concurrent sessions do you run on the server and what sort of load do you see as a result of that? I'm trying to work out if I could get away with hosting it on an Azure instance.

Concurrent connections vary on a daily basis with about 60 remote machines always connected,I don't manage the screenconnect server so I can't speak on server load. Never seen performance issues with with the site or accessing clients though. The "toolbox", built in file transfer and screen flipping are all great features as well.

The only caveats if you will is again an issue with accessing clients under Chrome. The click-once extension has been pulled from the store a few times, and it at least used to use a depreciated command set to do it's thing. All is working fine for me now and Chrome is my primary browser. Just something to be aware of. the other issue we see most often is Mac's, and this is due to the primary connector being a .net program and the fallback being Java based and not all mac users have Java installed.

Other than those two issues all the techs here love it, and those issues don't pop up to much anyway.

• Locked thread