Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Temiko
Aug 9, 2004
I'd certainly be interested in a detailed comparison if you can find the time.

We're not an MSP but have about 150 computers at over twenty small offices on isolated networks that I manage alone, so an agent-based system like Labtech (or Continuum if they'll sell it to us) that is an all-in-one solution to centralize management/support and automate processes is very appealing to me. Right now I just use LogMeIn Pro and almost everything else is done manually (inventory, updates, etc).

With that said, I have a general question: Since I'm an IT department rather than an MSP, would you guys recommend looking at any particular product over the others?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Temiko
Aug 9, 2004

mindphlux posted:

If I were a IT department rather than having to deal with multiple clients/sites, I'd probably just use a single seat of logmein rescue, or if I were on a budget, logmein free and spiceworks/thedude? I guess?

That's the thing - I'm an IT department but with many remote sites on isolated networks. I manage them in a fashion similar to how an MSP manages their clients. Spiceworks is not an ideal solution because it's primarily designed for computers on a single network. LogMeIn Rescue is not ideal because it only helps with single-instance remote tech support and not ticketing/task management, inventory, monitoring or anything else. LogMeIn Pro has only a few of these features and they are not as mature as some of the other products appear to be.

• Locked thread