Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

Joramun posted:

Nah. Zach Woods (Gabe from The Office) was born to play Quentyn.

Man his mug is the essence of Quentyn, he would be perfect if he were like a foot shorter and 20 pounds heavier. They could hobbitize him like in LotR. It's probably better if they just cut the entire character from the show though, or at least push it back into a very minor role (which he totally is in ADWD despite being one of the main POV characters).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captain platypus
Aug 30, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER

p.crestmont posted:

Man his mug is the essence of Quentyn, he would be perfect if he were like a foot shorter and 20 pounds heavier. They could hobbitize him like in LotR. It's probably better if they just cut the entire character from the show though, or at least push it back into a very minor role (which he totally is in ADWD despite being one of the main POV characters).

Using him in a subversive Look This Man Will Be Important---Heh, No :smug: would have been way cooler if the plot weren't already a pile of disappointments.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Joramun posted:

The show's lows are just as low if not lower than those of the books. Littlefinger wiping cum off a whore's mouth and then making her kiss the next customer is just as gross if not moreso than Ramsay forcing Theon to go down on Jeyne to moisten her up. You don't get to take the high road as a show fanboy, buddy. It's all equally depraved.

I meant in quality, not depravity. I agree, the show is nearly as gross as the books.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Alhazred posted:

In one scene of the show Littlefinger makes it clear that if one of his prostitutes don't stop crying over the murdered baby he will sell her to some very unpleasant people who will use her in such a way that death will be a welcome release. So it is not very ambiguous whether or not if it is consensual sex. It isn't.

Now we know where whores go!

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Just my opinion but as someone who was introduced to ASOIAF through season 1 of GoT I think the books are leagues ahead of the show in quality. It seems to me that the show can only attempt to replicate all the awesome poo poo that goes down throughout those thousands of pages, and losing all that extra content is nothing but a detriment.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Bulletproof Tiger posted:

The first time they have sex, in the book she eventually says yes, obviously under duress

How was it duress at the point she said yes? The guy put like an hour of foreplay in, and she (at least the way gurm wrote it) was quite willing and ready at that point.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Holy Calamity! posted:

Just my opinion but as someone who was introduced to ASOIAF through season 1 of GoT I think the books are leagues ahead of the show in quality. It seems to me that the show can only attempt to replicate all the awesome poo poo that goes down throughout those thousands of pages, and losing all that extra content is nothing but a detriment.

That's my opinion too.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
My opinion is also that the rape and incest book was better than the rape and incest movie.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Fog Tripper posted:

How was it duress at the point she said yes? The guy put like an hour of foreplay in, and she (at least the way gurm wrote it) was quite willing and ready at that point.

Can you just like, stop. Please.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
Now, let's argue; which is blacker? The pot or the kettle?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Has anyone ever realized that ACOK sounds like "a cock" if you say it out loud.

Grouchy Fish
Aug 24, 2006
GOT COK SOS FFC DWD

=

Got cock sauce gently caress dude.

Welcome to ASOIAF.

Yureina
Apr 28, 2013

Yeap. I found this out recently. Really turns me off the Palestinian cause to find out they basically consist entirely of raging racists.

syscall girl posted:

I don't even remember that scene (season 1 or 2? even 3 seems a long while back) but comparing some pimping and whoring between (possibly) consenting adults to genital mutilation and one of the GRRMiest multi-rape +pedo chapters seems a little off.

HBO kinda hosed up Petyr's character and made him a doofus though, so there's that.

Why would you say that Littlefinger is a doofus in the show?

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012
Because he's bumbling and obvious and spends his time explaining his motivations to absolutely anyone who will listen. There's no logical reason for showfinger to be alive. He's Richard III, except that this time other characters can hear him monologue about how obviously villainous he is and yet he's still winning.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The fact he can't keep any semblance of a consistent accent means he comes across as more of a bad supervillain from a kids show than intended too.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Grouchy Fish posted:

GOT COK SOS FFC DWD

=

Got cock sauce gently caress dude.

Welcome to ASOIAF.

Wow

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Dos?

captain platypus
Aug 30, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Anders posted:

The raven.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Potooweet posted:

Because he's bumbling and obvious and spends his time explaining his motivations to absolutely anyone who will listen. There's no logical reason for showfinger to be alive. He's Richard III, except that this time other characters can hear him monologue about how obviously villainous he is and yet he's still winning.

I think this is because it's hard to really use Littlefinger in the show as compared to the books. He is much more clandestine in the books and in the shadows dealing with every character while secretly loving them. The show can't possibly be subtle because they know that viewers aren't able to pick up on this stuff let alone remember 50 character names. Since we also don't get dream sequences or thoughts we never get to see the real gritty story so D & D think "well let's just have the guy talk to himself. Wait that's stupid we need him to talk to someone else! What show has people talk to themselves?"

Thus we get watered down Littlefinger who comes off as so blatantly evil now that most of my show watching friends wonder how no one has arrested him.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Anders posted:

The drainage from GRRM's infected dick.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Hunky Joe posted:

Thus we get watered down Littlefinger who comes off as so blatantly evil now that most of my show watching friends wonder how no one has arrested him.

He plays it fast and loose with the coppers, but all he does is supply a demand. He's on a certain tipping point, sure, but I imagine he will make a clean getaway after the purple wedding as in the books only to be brought in on penalty charges by agents of the Iron Bank. Hopefully as represented by Sean Connery and Kevin Costner (doing a real bad English accent for no discernible reason.)

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Fog Tripper posted:

While I believe in free speech, I think I would approve of putting you on some kind of watch list for this post.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

Hunky Joe posted:

I think this is because it's hard to really use Littlefinger in the show as compared to the books. He is much more clandestine in the books and in the shadows dealing with every character while secretly loving them. The show can't possibly be subtle because they know that viewers aren't able to pick up on this stuff let alone remember 50 character names. Since we also don't get dream sequences or thoughts we never get to see the real gritty story so D & D think "well let's just have the guy talk to himself. Wait that's stupid we need him to talk to someone else! What show has people talk to themselves?"

I'm picturing GoT done like House of Cards with Littlefinger speaking directly to the viewer to explain things and it's pretty good.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

My opinion is also that the rape and incest book was better than the rape and incest movie.

It always is!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Yeah, that's a pretty creepy opinion, Fog Tripper. I'm never letting my womenfolk near you.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"Your honor, I clearly tweaked her nipples before the alleged rape"

-Fog Tripper using the "GRRM Defense" in his impending trial

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Hah! Like any of you should be near any females other people at all.

But yhea, Fog Tipper, you are one legit creepy gently caress. The Bad Thread salutes you as our new king.

Now just don't come near me or speak to me, ever.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

"Your honor, the Rohypnol obviously made her sexually aroused before the alleged rape"

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Alas that the acronym "LOL" meaning to indicate that one has literally laughed out loud and the "emptyquote" are near bannable here in the forum of serious literary critique known as The Book Barn.

I did not know Khal Drogo as a man but I knew him as a dragon. He was a good dragon, sturdy, all four legs the same length.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Yeah, that's a pretty creepy opinion, Fog Tripper. I'm never letting my womenfolk near you.

rypakal posted:

While I believe in free speech, I think I would approve of putting you on some kind of watch list for this post.

I apologize for pointing out clearly what the gurm wrote. I'll let the gurm apologize for writing the stuff.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 11, 2013

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fog Tripper posted:

I apologize for pointing out clearly what the gurm wrote. I'll let the gurm apologize for writing the stuff.

It's okay (not really.) I think I got the ball rolling on that one because I said something to the effect that the book and show versions were radically different and one may or may not have been as offensive as the other.

The former got my back pussy wet in a normal and healthy fashion and the latter made it bleed profusely.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Fog Tripper posted:

If he won't apologize for not writing I don't see him apologizing for writing.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
Gurm apologizing for anything:

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Joramun posted:

Gurm apologizing for anything:

First: I don't think GRRM needs to trot out Gaiman when he wants to bend a fresh biscuit on his fans. Second: DAYUM! That hair bow really works for Neil. Lose the blouse and have a little bra strap peakage from under that sweater and I might give American Gods another chance.

penisclaw
Jun 17, 2003

Quack Quack!
Did anyone post this yet?
http://www.buzzfeed.com/hulia/31-incredible-game-of-thrones-tattoos-9r70?utm_campaign=sociaflow&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=buzzfeed

I wonder how many of those people bothered to read the books and see how the story evolves before getting something permanently etched on their body.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
hahahahaha

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
If I were a girl I'd get one that says "Play with her arse." on my lower back.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
That tattoo is gonna own so hard during the Danyrrhea season.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Robb Stark and Direwolf

"Robb Stark" and a white, red-eyed Direwolf :v:

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Robb Stark and Direwolf

"Robb Stark" and a white, red-eyed Direwolf :v:

That's supposed to be a wolf? It reminds me of an overgrown rat; something about its face and snout is really off. Someone let the terrible tattoo thread see!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Joramun posted:

If I were a girl I'd get one that says "Play with her arse." on my lower back.

If I were a girl I'd get one that says "if your pink mast is glistening, I'm a-listening."