Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man - and give some back.

Decius posted:

Both "break the fast" and "morrow" are real words/phrases though. Just not used much nowadays (breakfast comes from breaking the fast). Serjant is like Ser a different phonetic spelling of the normal word.

Serjeant is a real spelling still used in some cases. It isn't just made or spelt slightly different like Ser/Sir.

E.g: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serjeant-at-Arms_of_the_British_House_of_Commons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man - and give some back.
My gut feeling is Aegon will die really in the attack on Storm's End.

I kinda wish Viserys had lived, got 50,000 Dothraki warriors, met up with 10,000 strong Golden Company, sailed to Westeros thinking he's about to win, only to be introduced to Aegon whose claim is far stronger. The reaction would have been amazing.

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

It's not Dany or Aegon that's going to gently caress with Littlefinger's plan the most anyway - It's Rickon or Jon (being resurrected and freed from his oath and then being confirmed as legitimate, either by Stannis' order from Robbs previous order).

Though we know from the previous books that the forces in the Vale wanted to rally and declare for Robb anyway so we have to assume they'd do the same anyways.

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

I think he is Aegon, but I can't see how he can not die.

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

BeigeJacket posted:

Just finished the fucker last night, and just finished this thread. Was gonna post my thoughts, but it all seems to have been covered here pretty thoroughly already so gently caress that..

Things that I can't figure out though, after the 'peace' in Meereen is signed, why is the Yunkai army still besieging the city? And why is the Wilding princess Val so important that everyone shits their collective breeches when Jon lets her go?

Stannis' men think of her the same way they think of noble women from the seven kingdoms, that marrying her will bind the houses together. They don't realise that beyond the wall leadership comes from proving skill, not from blood, and that really Val, while respected, isn't any high ranking wildling.

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

Has anyone got a link to that really detailed map of Westeros?

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

FairGame posted:

Connington's dumb and should chop off his hand and then find a convenient "not greyscale" excuse.

Or go find a red priest to give him Victarion-style hot-dog hand.

He'll probably do it as soon as he's in a battle and can get away with it.

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

OperaMouse posted:

Some guys have suggested the dragons tearing the pyramids of Meereen apart.

Zombie Gregor's armor gets pierced in Cercei's trial by combat, and his inside blows away like dust.

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

Thing I never understood about Robert is why he wasn't best friends with Tyrion, as they blatantly should have been. And it would have been awesome.

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

Personally I disliked the Arya chapters, every time she ran away and got recaptured by someone else my eyes rolled and just thought 'Again?'

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

So GRRM has now said it's going to be 8 books rather than 7.

http://io9.com/5820288/george-rr-martins-song-of-ice-and-fire-may-turn-out-to-be-eight-books-instead-of-seven

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

Joramun posted:

So wouldn't there be massive migration to the South during the Winter? Dorne will have to start worrying about a bevy of problems other than climate and if the weather's nice outside, such as territorial control, overpopulation, feeding all those hungry mouths and turf wars.

Isn't there only one path into Dorne, which is guarded by a Dornish army?

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

Didn't Cercei name some random Lannister cousins as Warden of the West and castellan of Casterly Rock as a gently caress you to Kevan after he went all :iceburn: on her in AFFC?

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

Doesn't Leaf outright say that Coldhands got 'killed' ages and ages ago?

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

Didn't Drogon burn the poo poo out of Dany's hands when she's out with him on 'dragonstone' in the Dothraki sea? I'm sure I remember there being passages about how struggling to climb down from there because he hands where so burnt and blistered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

rejutka posted:

You mean apart from that armourer guy who makes two swords out of Ice? Admittedly, he may have quenched them in his apprentice or something, GRRM did not write of it either way.

He just reforged what he was given. He didn't make new Valyrian steel.