Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

You missed some hilarious poo poo man, like some really hilarious poo poo.

Unironically enjoyed Drogon, while it could've been better I still got really excited. Stannis was sort of out of character and the Olly foreshadowing was hamfisted but I liked the episode.

Least D&D are cutting out a lot of the poo poo, I'm glad Hizdar got shanked and I'm glad Tyrion got rushed into Meereen, I'm glad SOMETHING happened with Shireen and honest to gently caress the presence of progress, any sort of progress, is welcome after all the horrors of waiting on GRRM to write anything at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

My favourite musings of the mentally ill from Preston were definitely the shrouded Lord ones, including the whole "the moon is a spy satellite" thing he had going on.

Gerion Lannister, Lightbringer and Westerosi Death Star operator :shepface:

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

I'm not a fan of Syrio=Jaqen for the same reason I'm not a fan of Euron=Daario, because it's really silly fanfic bullshit that cheapens the individual characters. Can't we have a faceless man AND a first sword of braavos turned emissary? Is the epic world GRRM built that small?

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

He also said at one point that we could see Valyria in the books but said it might not be in the present, implying a flashback or even a named chapter taking us to the place indirectly. Could we see Asshai through Melisandre or someone else's eyes in the same way? I mean it could be interesting and we wouldn't need another loving epic boat journey filled with cyvasse or some poo poo.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Krinkle posted:

I just caught up with the terrible video game and you meet dany outside mereen

The telltale choose your own adventure one? It's actually the less terrible video game made of the series since this thing exists.

I actually liked the Telltale one, i mean if you get hung up on it being non canon you'll have a poo poo time but as a story set in the asoiaf world that works in addition to the main narratives it's pretty enjoyable. Yeah, Jon and Dany are even more retarded than their show counterparts but they aren't the main attraction in the game, they're just other players that you have to work around.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I do think she might herself think that she's fireproof.

That could be prophetic and oddly satisfying :tinfoil:

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

I can't help but think the show has spoiled what will be an underwhelming Selmy death.

I like Dunk saying gently caress the system and living as a true knight and getting into the white book after lying about even being knighted in the first place. It plays into gurms subversion of vows and their importance in westeros, and then there's the echo with Brienne trying to do the same while living as a knight without ever taking the true vows.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Zephyrine posted:

I could have sworn that pretty much every single set in the series looked like this

I got a tour of the in door sets here in Belfast before the latest season aired and they're ridiculously small. Like our group of 15 were cramped standing in that Hall with all the faces so I think it's fair to say the cgi works the magic. The wall is also like 15 feet tall and has the elevator thing but that's all.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Junkenstein posted:

The Croatian city that doubles for King's Landing in the shitshow won't be used next year. Obviously doesn't mean there won't be any King's Landing scenes, but it looks like they could well be spinning their wheels for a season.

They shoot the interior scenes here in Belfast so I suppose we could still see in doors stuff and reused shots of Kings landing or something?

I for one hope they spunk their budget on underwhelming dragon scenes again and also more fireballs for the children of the forest.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Just had a thought, what if Dany's eggs originally came from whatever happened at Summerhall?

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

pseudanonymous posted:

I don't have any idea what people are talking about in re: Bloodraven. I guess it's from the side/back books which I refuse to read as a matter of principle until he finishes the loving story.

He has a unit of archers called the Raven's Teeth which is pretty baller but yeah you probably chose well. I enjoyed the dunk and egg books but I'm battling through Fire and Blood right now, which is as good as I should have expected considering it's a 500 page history of the loving Targaryens.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

I have better odds on Winds releasing than any of those projects being good, yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Did Rose Leslie's parents remortgage their castle to fund this series? It only makes sense as a pity party for Kit Harrington.