Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Lucky we've got the tv series, 'cos GRRM is blatantly bored to death with the books & is never going to finish them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Syncopated posted:

You actually made me believe this was good stuff you fucker.

But it WAS good stuff?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

MrSlam posted:

Mereen is dumb.

I agree.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

No Pants posted:

Quentyn's story in the final book in this series already showed us that his plan was dumb.

"Welp, I'm kind of unclear how we're going to kidnap these large, dangerous, agitated creatures and bend them to my will, so let's just hope for the best, ok? I'll try talking to them sternly; stand back, guys!"

*gets entire skin melted off*

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

There is no word in Dothraki for lawsuit, but stealing from Conan the Barbarian whole cloth is expressed via the guttural sound "D&D need a banter scene"

The Khal actually uses the phrase: "I like a woman with spirit!" The writers aren't even trying any more.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

davecrazy posted:

So why is Tommen BFF with the high sparrow now?

Tommen's a big wet blanket with no strong opinions of his own, who bases his royal policy according to the philosophy of whoever talked to him last. Instead of futilely grumping at him in the throne room, Jaime should've just gotten him drunk, taken him to a brothel, then audibly mused about what a great idea it would be if all those darn Sparrows were kicked out of the city for good, hey? Job done.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Elman posted:

Funny how there's only 6 Kingdoms in the show, apparently.

It'd make perfect sense for Dany to land in the Stormlands and join her forces with the Tyrell and Martel Sand's, but instead she decided to land in the middle of buttfuck nowhere and sit there with her dragons while she splits her troops and sends them to die in opposite sides of the continent.

Military tactics in GoT are on the same level of dumbness as WH40k, where 2 bunches of super-soldiers tooled up with future tech inevitably decide the best way to fight is to charge at each other with swords.

I still lol at Stannis's final battle, where this supposedly brilliant general advanced on his enemies leading a mob of soldiers, apparently with no officers, no formations and no organisation whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

counterfeitsaint posted:

Stannis had given up hope and simply wanted to die in battle, rather than freeze to death.

Come on, this is GoT.

If that's what the scriptwriters had intended to convey, they would have had him declare: "I have given up hope and simply want to die in battle, rather than freeze to death."