Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Urdnot Fire posted:

As was I. I come from a future where A Song of Incest and loving has grown out of control like lovely kudzu. Also, The Winds of Winter never came out.

And yet, the Wangs of Winter somehow fills this void.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

emanresu tnuocca posted:

And I want to point out that according to GRRM in the ADWD prologue chapter 'Warging' is only when the animal/recipient is a wolf.

So when the eagle guy was doing it they called it...

Earging?

How does this work.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

whowhatwhere posted:

The big reveal is that he shits gold.

Stannis Baratheon, secret Lannister.

The push that was promised!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

notaspy posted:

I'm planning on reading the combined version of the last two books having never read them separately, is this a bad idea? I spoiled myself a long time ago but will I gently caress up the reveals and poo poo if I do this?

I think the only way to move things along more properly is if you read them while on the toilet.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

No, just a GRRM.

GRRM and one of the guys who writes the Venture Brothers.

THATS IT. Just those two.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

TequilaJesus posted:

Playing a game implies some sort of effort.

GRRM: The only winning move is not to play.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I like to imagine the real twist is that Benjen threw on a blue cloak and climbed back over the wall after he was last seen setting out. We are gonna link back up with his PoV chapters as another bored old man in Dorne sitting under the sun and talking about how much nicer getting to use his dick is than guarding some frozen icehole.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Thank god we dodged this bullet when Star Wars got made.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

emanresu tnuocca posted:

so yeah grrm writing and editing these wildcard books no sane person would ever read is something i've long since come to terms with, but does he seriously need to respond to every single comment on his not-a-blog? what an absolute fucker.

Compose the responses into a single compendium novel "The Sins of Winter" and sell it for big bucks. If the fat gently caress is gonna write somebody should profit.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Krinkle posted:

So is the answer to where whores go wherever penny was born? Because I don't like this theory at all.

I'm convinced.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Krinkle posted:

Hmmmm my husband just let his entire house guard run train on me and then joined in and tossed some coins at me with dead eyes like I was an object. I know what I'll do. Go marry a dwarf and hand over my kids to him since i'm a sentimentalist and he reminds me of the worst loving afternoon of my life.

I was already convinced but man this sounds so GRRM I am putting it up there with "Varys Merman" as my head-ending. (Note: people keep saying that just because GRRM is gonna die there won't be an ending... We got that Artemis Fowl guy to write a half-assed hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy novel; he probably needs work)

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
"All right George what if we literally put a blank copy of the book in front of you and all you have to do is write words until it's full?"
"No?"

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Where have you been all my life?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I don't know what you intend to do with that Hound mask on but it doesn't look like it is gonna be in canon!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
GRRM will finally accept the truth and start releasing hardback copies of single chapters.

He will be lauded for saving the print industry.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
A Clash with Strangers.

:getin:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

MrSlam posted:

A Wedding for Kings

...that can't be good

Westeros can be surprisingly progressive.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

I want you to know we all have fun in this thread and everything but seriously I am reporting you to GRRM's publisher right now. That is pretty clearly actual book material.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Can anyone link me to the video that is just an audio excerpt of the Daenerys being sick in the field from ADWD?

I need to send this to someone in the netherlands to explain why they may be having difficulty translating the series.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
God drat it I came to this thread because I ran out of trump poo poo to read for the day and now all we have left here are links to the trump thread.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Here, I'll give you something to read.

Thank you.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

ruddiger posted:

Just finished A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms.

The last words of the book are "keep reading."

KEEP loving READING WHAT, GEORGE?!

Books that have been written. So you know...... Books written by someone else.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

IRQ posted:

Aenys to Peynys, the Song of Ureythrya Fire

This gave me a good laugh thanks.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

dentist toy box posted:

Like there's only 2 more seasons left counting this one. So I mean it has to happen.

Actually........

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

SirKibbles posted:

The thing is he has a ton of writer friends, ask them for advice you fucker it's been like 6 years.

You know he talked his series up hardcore to them all and now he couldn't look em in the eye if he asked for help.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Hodor.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

emanresu tnuocca posted:

We've had Varys cross the world two times in a single episode, we've had Baelish in Winterfell in one episode and then in King's Landing in the next. As far as we know Arya could get to Dorne and then steal dragon eggs from Ashai in consecutive scenes.

I'm betting on the spoilers being 90% accurate.

That's just because there is the person Varys on one continent and the merman Varys on another!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

kcroy posted:

I assumed Walt let her die because she was blackmailing him. It was a hard scene to watch, but I never felt very bad for her. It's been a while though - did he still need Jesse at that point?

A big part of what made Walt a relatable villain was the unspoken implication that even if he didn't need Jessie he wanted to have him as his assistant. Breaking bad was a really good show.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Kellanved posted:

Hello Wild Cards! Anything happened in the last 3000 posts? Some wintery winds maybe?

You caught me I left the window open last night

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

look it just doesn't strike me as a growth community

The population practically doubled until someone broke it to the mayor that the new refugees were actually moles.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
This is my new canon ending.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I seek a highborn maiden of one and infinity

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Woodpile posted:

If I said Martin posted two days ago that the next ASOIAF book "should be completed soon" would anyone believe me?

I might believe he was publishing a blank book with a single page at the end dedicated to letting you know his next one will be out even more quickly than the last.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

Posted this back in 2014.

It's now 2018.

Wait there was a time when it was even considered possible the great mound would be able to write a book given another thousand days?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Remember when I got probated in this thread for making fun of the books...in the thread about making fun of the books.
You and your damned Stark honor.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Game of Thrones is a really great series

for me to poop on

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I can't believe you crazy bastards really did it.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Years ago when reading the books I got to Dorne and thought 'I don't care about any of this is any of this ever gonna matter' and now here we are at the end and every page I skipped arguably enriched my life.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It's finally here it's finally here!

*Twitter pokes its head up*

My pizza is finally here! Extra sausage!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I really hope after all this is through we can go back to making Rome.