Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

ImJasonH posted:

Don't forget that yet another character on his way to Dany was introduced, then decided, "on second thought, let's not go to Mereen. 'Tis a silly place."

It's just a model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Decent interview.

GRRM posted:

I've got a few letters from gay fans who, while they were pleased by the naked male sexuality, were upset that the penises were not actually erect.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

bigmcgaffney posted:

How did he learn it again? His uncle taught him tumbling or some poo poo like that? Bet he can ride the pommel horse better than Cersei can ride the Kettleblacks.

His uncle Gerion, I believe, taught him. The one who set off to Valyria in search of some sword.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Hot Dog Day #31 posted:

Edit: just realized, I dont think they ever said what happened to Ygrittes body so Wight or even Non-wight Jon killing a wight Yigritte would be a really convenient way for a character to kill the person they love without them actually doing something so lovely as to make us hate them since I assume whoever becomes Azor Ahai will be a "good guy" and we will want to root for them. If that's the case, whether anything else I posted is true or not (doubtful) Ygritte acting as Nissa Nissa for Jon would be a really easy way of handling that aspect of the prophecy if that's still a requirement for getting Lightbringer.

Jon mentions burning Ygritte's body himself in his next chapter after she dies.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Affi posted:

What is the Azhor Azai prophecy anyway?

quote:

According to prophecy originating from Asshai over five thousand years ago, Azor Ahai is to be reborn again as The Prince that was Promised to challenge the Others. The prophecy states that "when the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone." This will occur after a long summer when an evil, cold darkness descends upon the world. It is said that The Prince that was Promised, wielding Lightbringer once again, will stand against the Others and if he fails, the world fails with him.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
I thought about Davos as well when I read that but going back to Clash, Davos strokes his fingerbag while on his ship before the battle. So he certainly had them right before the battle. I guess she could have swapped them with a fake bag, but I kinda doubt that. Unless it happened off screen the only time she was with Davos alone was when she was pumping out a stabbing shadow baby.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Ross posted:

(although Rome and all its character arcs had pretty much run their course after two seasons; not sure what a third season would even be about).

Rome was supposed to be 5 seasons long. The second was going to end with the death of Brutus. Third and fourth season would be set in Egypt. Fifth was going to be the rise of the messiah in Palestine. They crammed everything into the second season when they got told that would be it.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Urdnot Fire posted:

Hopefully Shireen means that we'll get Patchface :allears:

I wouldn't worry about Oberyn at all, didn't he not even appear until Joff died?

He shows up just before the wedding, but yeah, it is pretty late in the book and he probably won't show up next season.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Professor Shark posted:

Since getting into this thread I've been refreshing my memory of all things ASOIAF, and I remember being frustrated by a lot of the events occurring in the later books.

Stuff like Littlefinger's marriage-manipulations with Sansa. He went on a long explanation about how Sansa and her husband will rule the North and the Vale (assuming Robin is killed), effectively controlling 1/2 of Westeros... which is all very impressive, except for the fact that the Others are supposed to be storming the Wall and imminently about to gently caress everything over.

It just kills the dramatic revelation.

Of course, the Others have been "storming" at a snail's pace for the last 5 books, so even that threat is hard to take seriously.

It's always been my impression that no one except the Night's Watch and wildlings really believe the Others are coming. Jon sent off a ton of ravens warning folks and Davos is the only person who really gave two shits about any of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

What was the deal with Hotah anyway? Where is he supposed to be from? He was cool and all, but he's clearly not Dornish and his internal monologue sounds like he was raised in some slave-warrior farm or something, which makes no sense since the kingdoms ban slavery.

He is from Norvos, one of the nine free cities of Essos. Somewhere near Pentos or something. He was a "Bearded Priest", basically Norvos buys unwanted little boys and trains them into bad rear end warrior dudes.