Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Argali posted:

That would be pretty cool. But what are the theories as to why the Others are stirring north of the Wall again?

Because winter is almost there. Also I just finished adwd and that poo poo sucked. Im sorry to say but that's another poo poo filler novel and I am pretty sure he set the record for saying cock or oval office on every page in the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Argali posted:

Is that it though? I've always had the sense from the series that this winter is different - that the Others are out in force this time because there's actually something driving them.

Sorry no rape and lemoncake jokes, forgot. Anyway I have no idea why the Others are coming down more. Its supposed to be a really nasty long Winter, maybe thats driving them. Though after reading those crap Tyrion chapters I am loving begging for some more Sansa chapters just to have someone to hate more now.

I can't believe he could make Tyrion an annoying poo poo character.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Aug 2, 2011

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

EC posted:

I'm surprised people complain about the repetition of certain phrases in the book (You know nothing, where do whores go, floppy ears, blood of the dragon, lamprey pies, etc), but I haven't seen anyone complain about the annoying rear end prayers to the Red God or whatever the gently caress. I don't really skim books, especially not these, but goddamn did I get tired of hearing all of that poo poo about light and fire and blah blah blah.

I actually got more annoyed at the constant use of cock and oval office and "her lips down there" and other juvenile references. And I don't know what kind of sex the GRRM has (if its even physically possible) but I have always remembered I was the one with the penis, and never "forgot who had the cock or who had the oval office."

What a terrible loving description of anything.

edit: This whole book was trash and nothing happened. I gave myself days to think about i before posting but seriously, this was crap. Utter trash and the reviewers that gave it glowing amazing reviews should be fired.

Le Woad posted:

Cute. Dude you came in with a poo poo post and just straight up invented things. Also, who are these four resurrected main characters you're talking about?

Not to defend him but you got Dondarrion (kind of main for a few chapters) Zombie Caitlyn (main) Zombie Gregor/Robert (main) Brienne doesnt die, Rhaegars son suddenly shows up, if Jon lives after being stabbed a dozen times (at least 4) then well that makes more characters... so on and so forth.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 3, 2011

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Le Woad posted:

That's really just one main character that's been "resurrected" and it's Caitlyn. Gregor and Beric aren't main characters (And like it's been pointed out, you can hardly call them resurrected), Brienne never died (Did we actually think she did?), and we don't actually know the truth about Aegon yet.

Well brienne was hanging from the neck at the end of AFfC

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
This version of the bad thread is pretty good.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
So I have not read AGoB but I want to know... is there any lemoncake rape in the book? If not I am disappointed.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
I'm looking forward to see what HBO does with the ending, I might not even read the books when they come ouhahhaHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH who am I kidding, hey aren't ever coming out.

Is this going to be the first book series that morphs into a television show and never finishes as books because the show is done and the plot is spoiled?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Ague Proof posted:

One of the hilariously dumb theories is that Qyburn replaced Gregor's head with Robb's to make Ser Robert Strong (Stark means 'strong' in German).

I like this. Who's tits did he sew on him to make the zombie mountain rapeable?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Ross posted:

A this point tbqh I'm not expecting there to be another book.

Maybe it's best to keep expectations low and thus be perhaps pleasantly surprised.

Yeah there won't be another book. poo poo is over man.

I'm not even joking this series is never going to be finished and I doubt they publish another complete book.

They might publish a bunch of half done poo poo, but not a book.

Edit: wait the gently caress on... Why did I never see this?

http://screenrant.com/game-of-thrones-books-6-7-writers-release-date/

The fat gently caress actually brought in other people to write the books for him.

THERE IS HOPE YET!!

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 13, 2015

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

various cheeses posted:

Are you not seeing the giant [APRIL FOOLS] in the title there?

Why don't you let me gently caress with people?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Lycus posted:

They took a pedophile that killed a kid and laughed about it, and sapped all the moral ambiguity from the scene by turning him into a pedophile that wacks kids with a stick.

Wait... So it's wrong to whack kids wi thsticks in GRRMs world? It seems pretty tame to me.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Lycus posted:

Barristan = good guy
Meryn = bad guy
Jaime = morally ambiguous
Mandon = barely a character
Sandor = lovable rear end in a top hat
And a zombie.

And today's Not A Blog post is about the release of the next ASoIaF book later this month.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahah

That almost got me. The blog is comedy gold though.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Voodoo posted:

RIP Summer. Why does D&D gotta kill off all the direwolves? It's going to suck rear end when someone finds Nymeria's pelt on a wall or something dumb.

I liked Hodor's finale scene. It was a little hammy sure, but it was a nice reveal that Past Willis got mindfucked into Hodor by Future Bran so he could control Future Willis. Better than Horse Hodor, that's for sure.

How big is the pool yet on if GRRM will publish the next book before the series ends in 3 years?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Urine Greyjoy is my favorite new/old/whofuckingcares character convenient plot device so far.

No I didn't misspell that and I hope it ruins it for all of you.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

GaussianCopula posted:

It's more that there can only be one Big Bad at any one time. People might stop hating Ramsay if Euron goes full Euron just now.

Daenerys needs 1000 ships, he told his people to build 1000 ships. His new name is Urine Greyhound. A cheap way to get you where you need to be.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

nine-gear crow posted:

Just one more year to go and we can all finally get off this shitbarge! Hooray!

Yep. When the show ends I won't give a poo poo about the books anymore.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I got some winds of winter right outside my door. Feels like -35! Yay!

Christ, why did I volunteer to move here.

Where did you move to so I can ensure I never ever go there.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Northern Quebec. I haven't left the house all weekend, because gently caress that weather.

Oh yeah gently caress that. Dont freeze to death this new year my dude.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

esperterra posted:

You have 3. Never change your av and keep them forever!!

Also never change your av b/c Sharon Needles is bae

I lost my wild card tag years ago because of an accidental self own ban. Don't phone post. I'm still sad about it.

Wildcards, bitch.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Solice Kirsk posted:

I am eagerly awaiting the release of the new Game of Thrones book, "A Westeros Cook Book" where Binging with Babish creates recipes for all the food described in the book.

I may honestly buy that.

I would buy that.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Vanity Fair has an article explaining how angry GRRM is that the show is ahead of him and ruining his twists by revealing them before he writes them.

At this point I think he is rewriting WoW to make it different since he is now mad about the show.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Spermanent Record posted:

I'm pretty glad he worked in built-in reminders into all the names. Imagine having to read all that when everyone's called T'cahk'nubs of Bleuuuch'shiiiiit or Lilolivens of Granbybum.

Yeah in the scheme of poo poo to bitch about having obvious easy to recognize factions is pretty low on my list.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

nine-gear crow posted:

Indeed, but perhaps have you maybe considered

What is this.... Get thee back devil and out of my brain.

I

Can't

Stop

Watching.....

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

cis autodrag posted:

I'm going to do a drag piece set to Living Dead Girl where I mime performing surgery on myself with makeup and fake surgical instruments.

I would watch that. Do it in LA so we can go to the show.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
My wife just gave me the drag name Connie Lingas

So I will go with that.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

cis autodrag posted:

Strangest way to brag about having sex I've seen today.

Ha! That would have been great had i gotten laid yesterday. As it is we were discussing this thread instead and going over the great drag names .

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

some guy on the bus posted:

Who better to write about rape than a raper?

Wait I haven’t paid attention since I lost my wildcards badge back when the last book came out. Who is the rapist?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

some bust on that guy posted:

It'll go back up when the book comes out in a few months. Should've kept it

Haha haha. Yeah it’s not coming out.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

nine-gear crow posted:

We're 12 years removed from the last book being published, coming up on 5 years since the show ended, and it was probably be another 2 years until House of the Dragon or any other spin offs make it to TV again, depending on how long the writers strike goes on for.

There is nothing left to even shitpost about. It's over.

One of my friends is actually directing an HoD episode now. They had everything rewritten prior to the strike so they are good to keep filming. No delays due to the writers strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Devorum posted:

Writers are necessary during shooting, as well. If they're shooting with no on set rewrites...oof. Also, pretty scabby behavior.

Look I’m not the director, and everyone including the writers, worked their asses off to get the writing for the episodes done before the strike hit. So the WGA writers working on the show knew exactly what was going on. I’m pretty sure the people working on the show have a better grasp of what is needed than you or I do when it comes to shooting the episodes. Besides it’s all shot in Europe, so the WGA strike doesn’t affect all writers over there.