Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

I got mine early because I have connections to publishing company executive director and insisted that I wouldn't believe the book existed until I was holding it...then I just never gave it back to her :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

So I am sure all you sperglords are gonna get the book and be all "heh it sucks do I get wildcards cred now? HEH :smuggo:" but it's honestly pretty good. Like, miles better than Feast. The jon chapters are interesting, the way he shows how hosed up Meereen ends up is really cool, and yeah Tyrion chapters are somehow the lowpoint but rather than claim it's all bad writing there (some of it can be though I admit) I think that really is more just a testament to how well written the rest of the book is.

Point is, don't be slamming on Dance. I'm not sure if it was worth waiting through 6 years of water damaged calendars, NFL, pizza and Wild Cards bullshit, but it's a drat strong addition to the saga.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

So yeah this ain't TVIV but everyone in here was raging about Brienne being "TV ugly" and not REAL ugly.

welp http://grrm.livejournal.com/227044.html

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Yesterday I learned that Wild Cards'ing someone can get them fired :v:

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Rickon is on Skagos but where is Shaggydog