Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Whats the actual substance behind peoples surprise sex complaints from the last ep? It obviously wasn't presented as a good thing, but besides ramsay being a creepo and having reek watch, its exactly what most ladies go through.

I understand saying "I dont trust this dumb as gently caress show to present this in a realistic or constructive way" but that doesnt seem like enough to call for a boycott.

It was already really ridiculous that tyrion never consumated, what did they think was going to happen?

That is because you're not approaching life in a state of constant, shaking outrage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Solice Kirsk posted:

For it is only through Stannis' love that the darkness can be turned back.

Then the world is doomed.

No Pants posted:

Per Coldhands, there's something magical about the Wall that prevents wights (and probably Others) from crossing. The show removed all the supernatural parts when Sam went under the Wall, though, so they'll probably have someone tell a story to make things clear if it needs to be addressed.

What about those two wights that came through the wall as presumed dead crows in season 1? The two that nearly killed the lord commander? Was it because they weren't going through under their own power or something?

Junkenstein posted:

On the one hand, it's not GRUM's fault that zombies have become passe during the last twenty years.

On the other hand, twenty loving years.

It kinda is. I mean, if your writing is so slow that it's become culturally dated before you finish it, how is that not your fault?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

The fourth daughter is Darkstar, who will maim Mycella next episode on the way out of Dorne.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

I hope they bring back Timet (son of Timet) to sit the throne.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you stop posting will anyone notice?

Real talk though: gently caress you.

Sure, it's the bad thread and full of bad posts, but it's not actually a contest to see who is the shittiest of poo poo posters. Stop trying so hard. You're terrible.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

If you think this has a happy ending, etc.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

i81icu812 posted:

Fixed that for you.

Thank you, good point.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Lycus posted:

They put a new red priestess in the S6 casting call, and an audition from a different woman was leaked. So either that actress in the Volantis scene wasn't asked to come back or she's busy during that part of filming.

Or maybe it's just supposed to be a different red priestess? It would be weird if the same lady who was preaching in Volantis inexplicably showed up in King's Landing or Dany's poo poo heap city, both thousands of miles away, for no reason. Unless the leaked script specifically says the scene takes place in Volantis.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I assumed it would be her because the way they talked about her and held the camera on her was long long enough to imply something like "DEAR TV PEOPLE THIS poo poo IS IMPORTANT PAY ATTENTION". I'm guessing it's just an actress conflict but I dunno.

I remember it more as "LOOK HOW INTENTLY SHE'S STARING AT TYRION! SHE KNOWS! SPOOKY MAGICAL PRIESTESS!", but it could go either way I guess.

Krinkle posted:

I feel like it could have been more elegantly stated but he's going for a metaphor thing. He's mance's (biological) son. He's (by virtue of being raised by gilly) craster's grandson. I don't think it's an error anymore.

For a guy who wrote histories for minor characters and keeps them cross referenced so he can make dunk and egg stories by throwing a dartboard at his geneology lists and farting out a story purely from his background work, it beggars belief he would forget what baby sam is talking about in the middle of a sentence. And you wouldn't call an incest baby craster's grandson when you could say his son.

Everyone north of the wall, including half the white walkers, are descendants of Craster.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

I've heard people say that the ratings tanked on season 5, and have probably repeated that a few times myself because I was dumb and lazy but like to sound informed, but looking it up, apparently they didn't. Which is kinda too bad considering the season 5 was steaming fetid waste.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

It wasn't in the first 4, because it wasn't in the leak. Not that I would know of course, a friend told me.

Episode 7 is 5.4, while Hardhome, episode 8, is the big jump to 7.0.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

It turns out that a full third of Winter is going to be about various wildling family trees, explaining that one comment. Several new characters will be introduced, do nothing of consequence, and then die.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

The problem with hardhome was that the white walkers had a different look and acted all "badass" instead of being a slow, creepy, crawling death army like earlier on. I posted screenshots earlier in the thread to highlight the differences in their appearance:

The first appearance is better, but the second appearance is better than loving nothing at all, which is what we've gotten for years, which is why people were excited

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

The shrouded lord is Crastor's grandson.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

How is she Aerys? That's the mad king right? How was he monstrously betrayed, and then turned into an undead vengeance seeking husk? I guess they're both fond of killing people, but if that's all you need, then like everyone is the new Aerys.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

I think he was talking about taking Syrio.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

If they did a Roberts Rebellion movie, they would probably change Aerys into a pedophile and include several scenes of him masturbating to burning children, just so there's zero ambiguity when Jamie finally stabs him.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

They're trying to delay the entire house of cards falling apart for a few more weeks. Eventually they'll have to come clean, GRRM died last year, the publisher has been trying to cover it up with an impersonator going to a few appearances, and a team of interns managing the blog. All that was found on his computer was the phrase "Words are wind" repeated for 500 pages.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

drat, I must have played the censored version of Mrs. Pacman.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

I thought Aerys was suspicious of Tywin (and everyone else) and made Jamie a kingsguard because he wanted him close, as a hostage-but-not-really. Jamie jumped at the idea of course.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

I don't care enough to rewatch/reread it, but I remember Tyrion saying something and Tywin being all like what? Oh yeah, the whore. Maybe Tywin said we can go back to the room and talk about this, and Tyrion said no, I just killed Shea in there, and Tywin was like oh yeah, I had a whore in my bed. He didn't seem surprised by it at all.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

rejutka posted:

So what do you reckon the GRRM is working on for the new book (that's never coming out) to passive-aggressive the show? Like, we get an entire new season of stuff before it comes out (no it won't) so he's gonna be looking to swerve something for buy my book purposes. Personally, I hope Davos rocks up to Skagos where Rickon turns out to be Azor Ahai and he sits the Walnut Throne just not giving a gently caress.

Also, Bran's a tree now. Jesus he is dull.

What if Bran becomes a walnut tree?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

computer parts posted:

So like the ending of that one goosebumps book about the blob.

No, that's 100%

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

kcroy posted:

He could, but that isn't how he writes. These stories really are his children at some level - he wants to see where they go, what happens, and how they grow up. He wrote somewhere that once he figures out what happens to them, he loses interest in writing. I need to find that quote, because I think that is the single most telling insight into the books, and his writing process. Writing is an experience for him, that he enjoys in his own time - to see where it all goes. When it gets especially frustrating, he needs time to process it internally and find a good / fun / exciting way for it to work together. The larger the story gets, the harder it gets to tie things together in his mind, in a manner that he enjoys. IMO he has a massive project management problem right now, and has for years lacked the tools to resolve it. This is what I imagine in his basement, but with pizza boxes.

I mean would you rather sit there figuring this poo poo out, or go get your dick sucked at some Con.

I think any obvious means to resolve the problems would detract from what makes his stories good in the first place. I suspect he needs to be able to hold the whole thing in his head at once to find clever resolutions. The sad fact is that each book should take longer and longer to put out, and that rushing him doesn't make the books any better.

I'll throw my old theory back out here - GRRM made a deal with the devil to write the most renowned Fantasy trilogy of a generation... but GRRM didn't read the small type - he thought it would be over in 3... but the story kept building, and his Demonic Muse abandoned him after those 3 were written. So we get AFOC.. half finished, we get ADWD... still not a complete book IMO. The fame grows, but he's still not free - constant demands for another book. an HBO deal! His fortunes soar, but still the book lingers. And now the pain starts.. the show will be done before the books. His Children's fates aren't his call anymore. The writers "ruin" the ending... Thats ok, he can save it.. but the books still don't get done. Maybe he shits out one more book, but no one cares, and all he has done is increase the amount of characters. He literally can't end this book. And then one day he dies, and he sits in hell and watches Paris sell off the ending of the book out to a new publisher. Who figures the publisher could bring in more readership with more romance and uh horses and poo poo. Now the series has been expanded to 12 books, to 15. IT's like loving Dragonlance or Starwars, where every new writing hack gets a shot at a story. And the GRRM twists and burns down below.

edit: something like this:

Now I want to read Fevre Dream

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

mind the walrus posted:

It's real you know:

Oh gently caress, bluff called.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

I can understand how Westeros is shaped vaguely like Britain, but it's so stupid when people start moving and turning landmasses around and then go "Look how similar they are!" If you're cramming landmasses together and rearranging them and spinning them around then anything looks like anything else.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Dorne was so loving terrible Jamie isn't go back there for any reason what so ever.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

CaptainRightful posted:

Massive Season 6 spoiler dropped and you're all talking about Stephen King!?!??

https://vine.co/v/igaAi30I7ap

I must be a crusty old man because I hate vines so much. 6 seconds is really the limit of our attention span now? Wouldn't want anyone to get bored.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

MrSlam posted:

What the hell do they eat all winter anyway?

Packs of wild spiders, big as hounds.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Weren't the greenhouses mentioned in the very first book? I don't see how they could possibly be a retcon. I felt like GRRM was trying to make each of the seven (or eight or whatever) main castles in the world really interesting and unique, and the main thing Winterfell had going for it was it was built on natural hot springs, with pipes running through the walls heating some of the rooms, and making something like heated greenhouses possible. Jon's an idiot if he thinks he can just arrange some glass and do the same thing at the wall.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's going to be Cat, isn't it?

The link in the spoilers thread makes me think it will be Cat.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Krinkle posted:

Can you link to that link or that thread?

Collection of GOT S6 spoilers
https://docs.google.com/document/d/...N6y_wBoRWM/edit

I just skimmed like half of it, but two of the items are:

- Flynn (Ricky Champ) is an outlaw, part of a band using religion to justify extorting the people of the countryside

- a character played by Ian McShane interacts with the band; minimal screen time but “key importance”

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

The more I look at it, the more I can't help but be impressed. It's gotta be hard to sculpt something like that out of mayo and mustard. Also I think I gained 5 pounds by looking at it for too long.

The real nightmare though is, what does it look like after 5 days in the fridge?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

You can't fool anyone with that. We all know the there's no way the book can be out if there's no spoilers in the FYAD forum name. Which is about as funny and original as anything else related to FYAD a time honored tradition.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

geeves posted:

They also not include: "Now it begins." "No, now it ends" just like they didn't include "cockless wonder".

In the show the powerful cock merchants guild frowns upon comments like that.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

"Cool Dorne stuff"

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

quote:

(Before the court’s order, McCammon abandoned an unrelated claim seeking restitution from HBO for both the cancellation of “Deadwood” and the perpetration of “True Blood.”)

A+

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

A feast of maids

as soon as I change my shirt

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

TK-42-1 posted:

Even Illyrio is thin compared to how he's described. I guess fat people actually are completely worthless.

The thinwashing in Hollywood makes me sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

How do I tell my 800 pound son that Hollywood thinks he's not worthy of love because he shits constantly and has a penchant for wine and human meat?

Out of arms reach would be my suggestion.

«4 »