Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I'll come back and link to all of our wonderful songs later today. I'm still not contributing beyond that though because I fear DwD spoilers!

I love and miss you all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

- by my cat is norris, with lyrics by IRQ

- by Tony Danza Claus, his own lyrics

- by Abnegatus, his own lyrics

- by my cat is norris, with lyrics by kcroy

- by mjs6643, his own lyrics

- by Kylaer, his own lyrics

- by my cat is norris, with lyrics by Contra Calculus

- by my cat is norris, with lyrics by...I forget who!

- by my cat is norris, with lyrics by Bhaal

And that's it. I think. Now GOODBYE, I don't want your book spoilers right now!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

500 pages in and the slow pace of the story is starting to drive me nuts.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Just read through Ramsay's wedding. Good loving god, poor Jeyne. I feel really uncomfortable after that chapter, so I'm off to cleanse my mind with some Temeraire.

At this rate I'll never get through DwD.

As for the graphic novel? The artwork pisses me off. It's not anime by any means, though you can see some manga influence creeping into its late-90s Marvel/Image Comics style. Some of the background work is lovely, though, and I give credit to their colorist. Eh...but Jon looks like a woman and Catelyn has huge lips and mashed-together uni-boob...

I won't be buying it.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Argali posted:

"Look, capybaras!"

Hahaha that is exactly what they look like, holy poo poo...

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I wish to express my current aggravation through poetry.

What the gently caress, Dany?
You went through with the marriage.
I am pissed, like T-Rex.

(Putting the book down again for a day or two. This is taking me an eternity to get through.)

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Azure_Horizon posted:

The only bad editing in the last two books has been repeated phrases.

This is starting to drive me a little nutty, too. You can tell that the editing was rushed.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

300 pages to go. CAN I DO IT?

I loving hate Dany at this point.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I may have slightly exaggerated the hotness of Dragon*Con's Dany cosplayer:

She looks cute, though, and I really liked the details put into her costume. Can you buy that jewelry online somewhere or something?

GLITTER DRAGONS.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I can't finish this book.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Okay. I finished the book just now. I appreciated Varys' return, and there were a few other events I enjoyed which have by now been discussed to death, so I won't bother making a complete list. Dany's poop was described with a suspicious level of detail. I hope she ends up taking over the new khalasar and that she doesn't suck so much, next book. Maybe she finally loving learned something.

I don't see the issue there was with writing the Meerenese Knot. I guess, looking in from the outside, the whole "oh, Drogon burns some poo poo then carries Dany away from her poo poo city" seems like a really easy solution but maybe it was hard for Gurm to go there. Who can even loving say.

Edit: Hated Kevan's death.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

It's too quiet in here, so I've come bearing the fruits of deviantART.

"Khaleesi" by *kenji-dude-guy - My god, what's wrong with your face? "Most beautiful woman in the world" indeed; for the first time ever Dany resembles the product of inbreeding she truly is.

"Jon Snow" by ~BodyTriangle - More like ~BodyRectangle.

"Eddard Stark" by ~Kagura-Satoam - Winter is not the only threat to Eddard Stark's life. Put down the fork, fatty!

"Mother of Dragons" by ~RoxannaMeta - :lol:

"Winter is Coming" by ~DreamCadet - Proving once again that artistic talent is not required in order to be a "Deviant."

"MLP Friendship is Coming" by ~Pspynett - SUP BRONIES.

":what:" by ~Aquasunami - Some lady on the Iron Throne. Jessica from True Blood, I guess.

"Sweet Sister" by ~Corbellot - The art sucks but Viserys' expression is kinda priceless.

"Brienne Portrait" by ~chibi-lilith - My favorite in the bunch.

What other amazing things have this fandom inspired?!

Edit: Hahahahah.

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Oct 13, 2011

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Edit EDIT: Okay, fine. BEHOLD, MY LITTLE NED STARK.

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 13, 2011

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

NihilCredo posted:

That True Blood crossover is actually a pretty good drawing. Though there's the possibility that it's just because I have no idea what that character is supposed to look like.

e: Well, it could have been much worse. She became a bit anorexic and went from true redhead to dyed redhead, and her hands are awful, but otherwise it's decent.

Look, the only way you can make that drawing look better is if you find an even worse attempt. Then I can compare the two and say, you're right, Nihil, this isn't so bad compared to the turd you just smeared across some blue construction paper.

(No, you really are right, it's not the worst drawing...it's just the worst crossover.)

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 13, 2011

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I really enjoyed my perspective drawing class. It's something I wish I could take again, along with multiple life drawing courses. Then I could draw the sexiest most in-perspective dickless Theons.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

There was something Theon said during Ramsay's wedding night that made me think he no longer had a cock. I can't look it up right now, but I'll give it a shot later.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Look, all I know is that this series has made me seriously rethink who should father my children. I have at least one uncle and a male cousin and I just can't decide who should have the honor.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

It's agreed. Manderly's corpse will be the father of my heir. I saw some mountains blowing around or some poo poo so I think his seed'll still be okay.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

So that crossover fanart DOES exist for a reason...

Eric is so kawaii in this! I wonder if he's a Secret Targ, too?! He could be. I bet his eyes were purple before he was bitten by his bishy lover, Ser Loras!

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 17, 2011

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Oh hey there's the quote I was going to dig up. Thanks, non-lazy Goon!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Keep in mind we were seeing everything from Theon's perspective, and he did not like to dwell too long on the details of what he experienced at Ramsay's hands. He was blocking out a lot of what happened to him as a way of coping with the trauma.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I assume Maytag is referring to the rare double boner effect in which the planets align with your dick causing a second dick to appear. I'm really glad we're talking about this in such detail because it's nice to have a chance to seriouspost about the book without having to say again how terrible I thought it was.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Stop making things up and get back to book discussion, MAYTAG.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

My problem with AFFC/ADWD is that both books have few moments of genuine entertainment. The plot crawls and you're left with not much to talk about afterward (except for Theon's penis-or-no-penis, of course). I don't enjoy reading when it feels like a tedious chore, and getting through ADWD required me to skip entire POVs. The fact that I didn't miss anything significant by doing so is really telling of the story's quality.

I remain hopeful for the next book.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

"Absolutely amazing adventures?" Are you loving with me again, Bread?

Nobody really said and believed that...did they?

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

:psyboom:

Did anyone make that Nancy Drew thing yet? I started last night but didn't get very far.

Edit: gently caress it, Photoshop is too hard for this kinda poo poo and I don't want to manually PAINT things. Just use your imaginations.

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 20, 2011

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

It's kinda cool that he's writing the Blackwater episode I guess.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

The picture they used for him makes me want to punch my monitor really hard in the hopes that his face will somehow feel it.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I'm in. It sounds fun, provided I can make it to writing sessions.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Next weekend I'm pretty booked, but I'd be kinda free on Friday night I think.

Tyshalle, you've never played Round Robin? I always had a lot of fun with that as a kid. We'd come up with the stupidest stories...

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

That's some impressive artwork.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Brannock posted:

The art could be much better but this isn't anime at all. Goons have the worst ability to discern art influences.

Please tell us what other mediums have influenced this artist's style, then.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Azure_Horizon posted:

Modern American comics.

I can see that I guess. The color and shading are more reminiscent of animation, though, and the facial construction/expressions/whatever are also more cartoony than comic booky -- in my opinion, anyway. Not that it matters, because anything like that gets called anime around here.

"Dead Man Posting posted:

Let's aim for just one session, this Friday night (or did my cat is norris mean next Friday night?), for the Neovella event.

I can do this Friday, Oct. 28!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I maintain that Wizard's First Rule is okay on its own. It's a fine enough fairy tale, even if it's padded with some bullshit. Just don't go beyond the first book.

Or, skip all that and just watch Legend of the Seeker. It's like the Sword of Truth series, but without the propaganda and rape! :v:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I ate a delicious shawarma today. Chicken and "beef", on a bed of lettuce and onions, sauced with hummus, garlic puree, and sesame sauce, wrapped in a warm pita. It was delicious.

You know, I never got around to making a Let's Cook! HBO's GoT Lemoncakes video. I have two recipes to film myself failing at now, I should really do that.

I just made lemoncakes last week and meant to take pictures.

Sumptuous and moist lemoncakes the color of a summer sun, dusted by powdered sugar, the bright citrus flavor dissolving into bliss inside one's mouth. Their gooey, sugary sweetness reminded Dany of the semen now resting in her womb. "When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," said Mirri Maz Duur. “When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves."

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Dead Man Posting posted:

Oh well. If there is still interest we can reschedule.

Yeah let's reschedule for sure! I still want to do it.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Did you buy it? I could paint that if there's a market. Seriously, Etsy amazes me.

Let's see what searching "game of thrones" get us!

How the Starks keep their ale warm during the long winter.

Dragons are made of fire and iron and yarn.

At last his eyes are as dead as his zombie soul? Quite a jaunty little smirk he's got, though.

This Etsy artist knows what really makes this series special: FOOD!

:downs:

I'd buy this and hang it on my wall then invite Azure_Horizon over so he can :spergin: about the inaccuracies.

Hahahahahah.

Okay! What gems can YOU find?

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 1, 2011

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Ahahaha oh god someone quick find the Ned Stark pony.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I don't care that you enjoyed the books. A lot of people do and for good reasons.

Just don't try to derail every discussion with your :smug: declarations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

YES bread posted:

No, he just thought that cats were total assholes.

That's because they are.

I LOVE THEM ANYWAY. :catstare: :catdrugs:

Someone come up with song lyrics, it's been awhile since we've had any music and we have absolutely NOTHING about ADWD.