Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
kcr
Apr 26, 2010

whowhatwhere posted:

Follow by example?

Anyway, RIP Bad Thread. Hello....um, whatever the hell this is.

this is the 'post here to get probation' thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcr
Apr 26, 2010

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Oh, look, someone who doesn't match the physique at all and may very well destroy her preexisting career in any attempt to match it. Brilliant casting, that.

I'm afraid some fans disagree with you, good SER.

quote:

"Brienne is my favourite character in the entire series..."

"Great choice! I can't wait to see her as Brienne "

"I love her eyes. This is great casting choice."

"PERFECT"

"Gwendoline was my dream Brienne! I'm so happy she got the part!!"

I was sort of hoping they would remove Brienne from the HBO show...

Oh snap.. big news from the NAB!

quote:

I should stress that this is a Wild Cards signing. NO COPIES OF DANCE WITH DRAGONS WILL BE ON SALE! I may be able to autograph some of your Ice & Fire books, if time permits, but probably not more than one, and only with a purchase of FORT FREAK. And in the talk and the Q&A session, we'll be talking about Wild Cards, not the new Ice & Fire book or the HBO show. Sorry, but to let GAME OF THRONES take over the session would not be fair to the other writers.

kcr fucked around with this message at Jul 9, 2011 around 18:22

kcr
Apr 26, 2010

Ixian posted:

At some point though doesn't it just become a little tiresome to keep bitching about it?

At some point doesn't it just become a bit tiresome to come to the bad thread and tell people what is OK to post about?

I see a ton of book talk going on... maybe there should be a separate thread for people who want to bitch about the bad thread.

kcr
Apr 26, 2010

Aurubin posted:

he's just an angry little man who's trying to gently caress the world over cause they cut off his balls.

I'm not convinced he is a eunuch. He might be, but but we only have his word for that - which really isn't worth much.

kcr
Apr 26, 2010

threeagainstfour posted:

I'd rather the story be left unfinished then have Brandon Sanderson get his milk white vanilla hands all over it.

I'm sure we will have years and years to discuss who will write the next book... since I have the feeling he will neither die nor finish the next book by 2017. So... I'm looking at you Abercrombie.. go learn to write about food and pedo sex for the next 3novels you do... and when 2017 comes around, you'll be top pick.

kcr
Apr 26, 2010

ZeeBoi posted:

fatman posted:

Is this any way to treat the dean of the genre, a master storyteller dubbed “the American Tolkien” and recently named one of 100 most influential people in the world by Time magazine? Martin thinks not.

“I loved Lord of the Rings back in the 60s and like many millions of other people I was eagerly looking forward to The Silmarillion,” Martin says. “But it never would have dawned on me to write to Professor Tolkien and say, ‘You better hurry up with The Silmarillion before you die, old man.’ What kind of cretin does that?”
We're cretins.

Thats because he loving finished the trilogy... Who gave a gently caress about the Silmarillion? poo poo he tried to publish that lump of poo poo BEFORE lord of the rings, and noone wanted it.

PS: the LOTR was published over what.. 5 years? 5 YEARS YOU gently caress.

GRRM should be flattered people are demanding his book, and loving GRATEFUL. He is an absolute fucker.

PS: We _should_ have done that poo poo with Herbert. Those books by his son are loving wretched.

kcr
Apr 26, 2010

whowhatwhere posted:

GRRM published 3 books in five years too

drat you for being right. It's probably more if we count Fever Dreamez and WildCard books...

quote:

Ashara Dayne

I don't have the new book yet - and while I know Ashara was important.. I have no idea who she is, except that she has something to do with Ned - he killed her brother or husband or some poo poo, so she allegedly jumped off a cliff.. but was also maybe jons mother? And I think she is related to DarkStar?

What are we supposed to know going about her going into this new book?

kcr fucked around with this message at Jul 13, 2011 around 10:08

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcr
Apr 26, 2010

Does Daario dye his pubes blue? I feel this is important information to have.