Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Vertigus posted:

Listen, you don't understand how dark this guy is.

But is he of the night??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

SpaceMost posted:

One of them eats a kid and then Dany's all, "Oh noooo!"

"Why yes, my ultimate goal is to ride my dragons over to Westeros and bury the Iron Throne under a mountain of burnt corpses.

...what's that you say? One of my dragons ate a person? Why I never."

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Urdnot Fire posted:

Once again, if Gurm had the balls to do this, I would actually love it.

The next book starts with Drogon flying away to find some children to eat, and Dany gets immediately murdered to death by a bunch of pissed off Dothraki.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Factor_VIII posted:

He's a terrible Lord Commander. He pretty much ignores his subordinates and not only insists on his hare-brained scheme to march out a large chunk of his forces to certain death beyond the wall, but also decides to send other forces to breach the neutrality of the Watch (which would probably result in its destruction or dissolution).

I may be misremembering, but I thought that he was intending to go south on his own, not command the night's watch to come with him.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

No, I mean I thought he was going totally solo (other than whoever insisted on going with him, Edd <3 <3). I guess if he had enough people choosing to follow him it's kind of a moot point though.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

I seem to remember him admitting it in the books as well? Or is that just to Tyrion.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

But that's entirely innocuous from a secret targ point of view, because he's supposed to be Ned's actual son.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

ruddiger posted:

What I don't get it is Ned totally knows what a man-whore Robert is, why in the gently caress would he be cool with his sister marrying the guy? I love my slutty man-whore friends, but if any of them tried hooking up with my sister, I'd seriously unfriend their rear end in the most brutal way possible. Zorses don't change their stripes and man-sluts can't keep their dicks in their pants, Ned should definitely know this considering how long he's known Robert.

We don't know much about him from his pre-rebellion days, but he genuinely loved her and most of his later manwhoring is because she died and he got stuck with Cersei, so maybe he would've been a pretty okay husband if things had turned out differently.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

The final scene of the final book is going to reveal that Varys has had a perfectly functioning dick the entire time. A twist no one will see coming!

e: wait sorry that's going to be the second to last scene, the last scene will be it getting eaten by a dragon or something in order to break the mould of conventional fantasy dick-having

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

298298 posted:

I still don't even understand the Joffrey assassination, why would they involve Sansa at all in it when there was no need? They obviously weren't searching people before the wedding and Olenna was loving with Sansa's hair out front with everyone, so why not just keep the drat thing in your pocket instead?

Well Olenna needed to get the poison somehow in the first place, and I don't imagine she could just stroll up to Ye Olde Poison Shoppe. Maybe they could have arranged a drop off earlier, but keeping the murder weapon far away from the person doing the murdering for as long as possible seems like a decent idea if you don't want to get caught.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

298298 posted:

Adding a completely random variable into your assassination plan is stupid. They had no idea if Sansa would even bring the hair net with her, if the amethyst would've fallen out by then since she had no idea what it was for and it was apparently easy enough to remove that Sansa didn't even notice when the drat thing was on her head, if Sansa would've been sick or found some way of being excused from attending, etc.

Hey now I never said it was a good plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Mike N Eich posted:

R+L=J has issues though. I really can't believe Ned would never tell Catelyn, given that she hella resents Ned for it for decades. Maybe he wouldn't but thats a superhuman effort.
Robert would have had him killed and Ned understands that a secret is only a secret if you don't tell anyone.