Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
I wonder if Howland Reed warged into Lyanna when she and Rhaegar hosed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
They weren't his guests anymore, he gave them parting gifts!

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
And I thought that this thread was never going to top Gregor P.I., but this is even better. Where is the nipple quote and the semen-eating quote from? I don't recognize them.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
A good scene in the final that hasn't gotten much love is the one with Jaime and Brienne, with her showing him that she's a real knight, ie a cruel gently caress.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
The Night King and Benjen are in the imdb cast list for the 10th episode :woop:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Elman posted:

Does this mean anything tho, I thought anyone can edit that.

Aw man.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Tahirovic posted:

Depends, maybe Sam's mother has some nice tits?

You better believe it.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Is Tyrion meeting Dany the first big plot event to appear in the show first?

Night King was pretty surprising at least.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/31/game-thrones-lady-stoneheart/article_2205333

Regarding the earlier discussion of LOTR and this series, George talks a bit in this interview about how much the death of Gandalf and Boromir affected him.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Yeah, I just think this:

is spookier than this:

The first one seems almost to be a part of the snows around him. You even see it misting off the back of him. He's barely clothed and he looks very old. You look at it and can't begin to imagine what motivates a creature like that.

The second one looks like an Uruk Hai general in LOTR or something. He's literally standing there in his plastic armor in a bring it on pose. This isn't a mysterious and terrifying enemy. He just wants to kill poo poo up, just like every other loving character in this show. If this is based on GRRM's notes, than he really dropped the ball here. He had the opportunity for the Others to be something other than the generic foreign horde that every fantasy novel flings at the heroes. They could have had motivations completely incomprehensible to the humans. Instead it seems like their motivation is basically "KILL U".

if I was less like GRRM I would make a "when did this ... become hotter than this... ?" picture, but alas.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

im a big fan of yours preston, but the medical/physiological assumptions you make in this video as it pertains to vaccinations, the immune system, and opthomolic pathogenesis just dont make sense and seem poorly researched.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
How come Robert led the rebellion against the Targs? The Baratheons were close enough to the that he had a claim to the throne via some relative, right? What made him angry enough to revolt?

Fake edit: oh right it was R+L

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Lol, the Freys get away with it because the idiot show cut out Stoneheart and Fat Manderly.

The North forgot.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Ser Pounce is the Kittenslayer

It's already been established that Tommen is the pussyslayer, so this checks out IMO.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

HELLO LADIES posted:

It's actually kind of ambiguous on Illyrio himself. There's the statue of the young warrior in his garden that was supposedly of Illyrio. The whole young, strong hot warrior guy to gross fatty transition is a pretty direct nod to Aegon the Unworthy who was responsible for starting the Blackfyres in the first place. There's some other hints, too, like the yellow hair and the fact that all his allies in the other Free Cities seem to mostly be from the same places/the same kind of alliances thant went in to making the Ninepenny Kings, like the dudes he invites to Dany's wedding. His wife might just have had Valyrian blood, or she could be a Blackfyre too, or another non-Aegon V-descended Targ.

What dudes did Illyrio invite to Danys wedding? I just started my second readthrough and I thought that this time I might actually pick up on stuff but apparently not? For fucks sake

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
The Doom of Valyria by Roland Emmerich.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Who run slavertown?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

pugnax posted:

Who the gently caress is Forel?

He's the first known alias of Jaquen Hgaar or w/e.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
My favorite part of the Sword of Truth series is the sadomasochism and the rape. Same with the Deverry books by Katharine Kerr. Also Wheel of Time.

Why did no one stop me reading this poo poo when I was a kid? People even encouraged it ffs!

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

jsoh posted:

theres a book in the sword of truth that is almost a shot for shot ripoff of the fountainhead its REALLY good

is that the one where he goes into the evil country and sculpts a statue of humanity or whatever, and its really beautiful? that sure was a book.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

This man owns several katanas doesn't he?

I'm sure he's too certain of the white mans superiority for that. He might have a broad sword or two though.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

reignofevil posted:

I want you to know we all have fun in this thread and everything but seriously I am reporting you to GRRM's publisher right now. That is pretty clearly actual book material.

You actually made me believe this was good stuff you fucker.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Lol at Melisandre. Wasn't her being old theorized years ago anyway?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Have they implied Jon is a warg in the show? I can't remember.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

nooneofconsequence posted:

How does an 8 foot tall man in full armor sneak up on someone without making a sound

Very carefully.

Interesting imo that Tyrion said that dragons are intelligent,and possibly more intelligent than humans. That's a show thing right? Can't remember something like that from the books, including the Targaryen civil war one.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

MrSlam posted:

The force-ghost of King Robert visits a resurrected Jon.
"Did ya fook any girls?"
"...one."
"That's it? So ya fancy the boys then, do ya? Gods!"
"What? No!"
"Then what are ya waitin' for? Winter's a long time, go out there and have a Snow-storm!"

In conclusion, I declare this theory to be called Snowstorm because Robert was lord of the Stormlands and Jon Snow's last name is Snow. Thank you for your time.

Seconded.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

MrSlam posted:

They missed out on an opportunity to have pregnant Melisandre use fire magic to give birth to a new baby Stannis complete with Stephen Dillane's 59 year old head. :colbert:

I would have accepted this, if they did it without her glamour.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Liquid Communism posted:

Better question. Why did Dane only have one guy with him? Could they not afford enough extras to cast both Gerold and Oswell?

They could be saving a dude for a fight inside tower. In a spiral stairway would be cool.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Can't believe the dude with the anime hair on the cover of final fantasy 7 fought with his magical sword.

Doesn't he know it's valuable and he should have used a pointy stick which is cheap?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDagL5LQOVE

And you edit out the jew thing before I have a chance to post.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

MrSlam posted:

Next time on an all new Game of Thrones, Cersei has an important dinner-guest (the High Sparrow) and everyone has to be on their best behavior, but Tommen and his imaginary friend Ser Pounce have a few japes up their sleeves. Meanwhile Dany's only way out of Vaes Dothrak is to marry a new Khal, too bad she asked two Khals out on the same date!

Only on Nickelodeon

Lyanna warged into Howland Reed and whispered into Ned's ear, "Promise me, Ned. Promise me you won't tell anyone I took over Howland's body and fathered his future children."

Bitch you best not be calling Ser Pounce imaginary, he's been on the show and everything.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
It must have been kinda awkward when Tormund was introduced to Wun Wun. "Me am Wun Wun" "Hey, I'm Tormund Giantsbane-oops"

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Cavelcade posted:

Your mom only comes with the Others that's what all 13 of them are doing.

His mom is like your girlfriend then, in that they only come with others.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

kcroy posted:

Sure if it was some quest in a game. I would see it more like they go about their stabby stabby gifts and somewhere along the line poo poo goes wrong and they all die in waves of loving lava. I guess yeah - some lower level missionary assassins in Bravos probably found out about it and were like "welp, guess we run the church now" or w/e. Or jerked off in glee at all the people they killed.

I was thinking that blood magic is probably responsible for the whole face magic poo poo - and they have like.. seriously banked death-karma-magic. Just geeking out, but would be cool if each assassin had to get kills/sacrifices to power up their assassin abilities. So you start off low level, get some kills - learn how to move quietly.. get some more kills.. which fuels new skill set - with poo poo like face changing and other glamours sort of being your mid tier skills. Or maybe the house serves as a storage for death magic, and each kill/sacrifice fuels it up more.

Sounds like an epic quest line in a asoiaf skyrim mod.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Apeshit Sixfingers posted:

Cutting open cats to eat the delicious kittens inside.

What do you mean that's not normal? Kids will be kids!

Please to not disrespect China's 5000 years of culture.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Last I read about it psychopathy isn't an actual medical diagnosis, h t h.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

visceril posted:

I'm okay without seeing Asshai because at this point reality probably can't match hype.

Gurm probably introduced it to give Quaithe an air of mystery and mysticism and thus authenticity to her advice, versus "hey in some random Qarthian you should do exactly as I say"

I kinda feel like Marwyn is someone who saw some poo poo at a young age (like Varys did) and now he's traveling the world studying the occult. Which was probably pretty fruitless until Dany revived dragons. His motivation is IMO he just wants to learn more about magic and understand it. He is a maester after all. I don't think Oldtown has some illuminati poo poo going on. If they do gurm is a loving idiot this plot is bloated enough as is.

As an aside, Euron probably saw some poo poo in Valyria or Asshai and that's why he's obsessed with magic and torturing Blue Meanies

There is definitely stuff going on in Oldtown otherwise Sam wouldn't have gone there in the show, imo.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
lol why would anyone like to read that

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
All those stories will be lost in time, like teras in the rain. Time to GRRM

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

PupsOfWar posted:

shouldn't be surprising that two ugly, generally unpleasant people do not have a rockin' sex life

Well, you would know!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

two non-related adults having consensual sex

reported