Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uncivil mittens
Nov 1, 2010
Fun Shoe

counterfeitsaint posted:

Collection of GOT S6 spoilers
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13m92zm2jETuKlKNj7KVMFtO-Bmwj2HQR7N6y_wBoRWM/edit

I just skimmed like half of it, but two of the items are:

- Flynn (Ricky Champ) is an outlaw, part of a band using religion to justify extorting the people of the countryside

- a character played by Ian McShane interacts with the band; minimal screen time but “key importance”

The idea that knowing a location shoot includes 'a “walled facade” with “doors and windows” in a plaza, along with a catapult' is a spoiler greatly annoys me for some reason. McShane is the tits though. Has he ever not looked like a grizzled old man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncivil mittens
Nov 1, 2010
Fun Shoe
I'm kicking about a theory that the introduction of a primarily seafaring race/faction signals the inevitable decline of a fantasy series. The only examples I have are the Ironborn and the Athaan Miere from Wheel of Time, but that's pretty darn conclusive right there imo.

uncivil mittens
Nov 1, 2010
Fun Shoe
It's half in jest, but I just remember that sinking feeling in my stomach when I read the AFFC introduction where, instead of consolidating on existing points, new and somewhat pointless characters and plots were introduced. Just like every post-book 5ish of WoT, pretty much where their sea people were introduced.