Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011
loving Daario. At least he probably ended up thrown by the trebuchets into Mereen. Ha-Ha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011
What was up with that greyscale thing on the Sorrows? Is it some sort of zombie-fying sickness? It was the one part of the book that jarred the most for me as it seemed to suddenly go into Robert Jordan style territory.

Also Val mentioned how she'd kill Shireen if she was her child due to the greyscale :zombie:

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011

Toplowtech posted:

Bloodraven is a greenseer probably because Bloodraven's real name is Brynden Rivers, son of Aegon IV and Mylessa Blackwood. House Blackwood of Raventree Hall is one of the oldest house in the riversland, dating from the first men, and is also one of the last houses south of the Neck to still follow the Old Gods. Why didn't they convert? Their arms are a flock of ravens on scarlet surrounding a dead weirwood upon a black escutcheon, it's like a giant "we are wargs" sign. It would also explain why Lord Blackwood don't want his 8 years old daughter to be taken as a hostage at King's Landing in Jayme's Chapter.

Why didn't he want his daughter to go? He sent his freakishly tall middle son, but I always thought it was abit :3: that some lords apparently valued their daughters more than their sons, instead of the incessant "She could give him another son, she as not too old" or "To hold his own son in his arms".

Also, I still don't get that whole greyscale leprosy colony suddenly jumping out on to the boat. It just seemed like some random cursed monster place I didn't expect to read about in a GURM novel.

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011
"Fools and young girls will always choose fire"

Daenerys :argh:

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011
The best armourers learn how to reforge valyrian steel in Quhorik ; the free city thlobbering Vargo Hoat is from. It's heavily implied that they need blood sacrifices to make it work.