Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

hhhmmm posted:

She is a ~fifteen year old girl who was never that cunning to begin with. She also had very little or no education is politics. Her being politically retarded is totally plausible.

Dany went from conquering 3 cities in a matter of days, with brilliant masterstrokes that she mostly came up with it, to acting like a stupid, emotional teenager in love.

Her marrying Hizwahtever was obviously dumb but she wanted peace without having to fry an entire city. He gave her the peace while she got to ride her dream boat. I can see why she deluded herself for a time.

Dany is also proved to be an unreliable narrator in Dance. Yes, her inner dialogue claimed she would give up her crown for Daario, but her actions spoke very clearly otherwise.

Dany was way too perfect before Dance so some ruling mishaps and blunders were needed before she reaches Westeros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

Montasque posted:

Also, Little Finger is the Prince who was promised.

Little Finger: the Pedo that was promised

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

If the naked septa is actually Ashara, then I rather like the Brandon Stark date raped her theory and hope it's true. At this point, R+L=J would almost seem too obvious.

They separate Aegon from Elia, Lyanna (future queen) becomes his milk-mother and that would explain why the Kingsguard is there. Lyanna dies giving birth to a stillborn girl, a story Ashara uses to fake her own suicide so she can raise Aegon. Ned takes his brother rape spawn in hopes it doesn't turn out to be another Ramsey, sworn to secrecy by two women he cared about.

A nice correlation to Jon playing baby-switch with Monster and Mance's kid.

Slackarius posted:

Agree. Tyrion has fallen quite a bit for me from his place as Hand. Somehow I expect Dinklage will manage to make me continue to love Tyrion through his kinslayer funk & Penny jousting business in the show.

Penny is the only thing that really ruined Tyrion. Was all excited to see the Bear back in action and instead we get loving Penny.

I really don't give a gently caress all about Asha though and Jon still has no personality.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

regulargonzalez posted:

Timeline doesn't work, impossible for Jon to be B+A unless he were a couple years older. Harrenhal was something like two years before Robert's Rebellion.

It's not like he carries around a birth certificate. You could easily pass off a 1 year old as a new born.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

Rarity posted:

I don't remember Tywin ever casually raping people.

"Wherever whores go"

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

FuraxVZ posted:

You could pass off a 17 year old as a 16 year old, but there's a world of difference between a 1 year old and a newborn.

Both are infants. All you need is a wetnurse you can trust, which they had.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

priznat posted:

Was Meryn Trant mentioned in ADWD? I can't recall.. He's gonna get his for killing Syrio :argh:

He was mentioned in Arya's 'prayer'.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

VaultAggie posted:

The Theon chapters alone redeem this book. Reading every one of those chapters was well worth skimming or skipping Dany and Tyrion's chapters.

Victarion chapters owned for the first time in the series though.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

:siren: bookchat :siren:

GRRM read a couple Barristan chapters the other day.

Hopefully someone recorded that poo poo.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

RCarr posted:

Ketchup on anything should be punishable by death in my opinion.

:agreed:

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

Gianthogweed posted:

I don't know I feel like next season is going to be making up for a lot of stuff that was cut out of the last two books.

They better loving cast Victarion if only for the shield island battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

Cartouche posted:

Cilantro is the most vile.

You probably enjoy ketchup, huh