Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

syscall girl posted:

The actor who played Stark isn't coming back on the show iirc

I appreciate that you chose to use that exact phrasing to respond to a post containing Jon Snow and Cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I always assumed that come-into-my-castle was just the noble family version of house.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
As soon as Stannis accused the Lannisters of incest, they responded by spreading a rumor that Shireen was fathered by Patchface, and I'm pretty sure Renly used that to dismiss Stannis' claim.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Krinkle posted:

Did Tywin acknowledge shae at all on the toilet? When she woke up all she said was "m'lord" right? Even varys is a lord, she could have been just about to thank him for letting her sleep in that bed, just stuck her there while tywin was making GBS threads himself to death for laughs and to see what would happen?

She was naked and had clearly been asleep for longer than the time a typical adult spends on the John.

It's kind of suprising that it never comes up, outside of one Cersei chapter mentioning that she had some guards dump the body. Not even Tyrion gives it a thought after learning that Tysha is wherever whores go.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Sam Fleischmann lol

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Well outside of prologue/epilogue characters, only five PoV characters have died, but one is around as a zombie and another is Jon Snow. I can see how you'd only count Ned and Quent and Arys, and it's pretty easy to forget about one of the latter.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It's no coincidence that the Freys are stuck with really lovely allies like the Boltons, other traitors, and Stark loyalists plotting to undermine them. By violating the number one rule, they have permanently screwed themselves out of good faith diplomatic relations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Battle of the Brownwater posted:

She was bleeding, but it was only woman's blood. The moon is still a crescent, though. How can that be? She tried to remember the last time she had bled. The last full moon? The one before? The one before that? No, it cannot have been so long as that. "I am the blood of the dragon," she told the grass, aloud.

The wording is a little ambiguous. The first time I read that, I though she was too delirious to realize she hadn't had her period in years, but that doesn't seem to be what's actually implied.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Yes, a child born in wedlock to two parents of legitimate noble houses is indeed the most bastard of bastards.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Sansa herself said her marriage with Tyrion was never consummated, which would be enough to render it illegitimate even if there were a higher authority to kinda care.

Gyra_Solune posted:

this is not a thing i remember happening

Cersei VII posted:

She wanted to see if it would be as easy with a woman as it had always been with Robert. Ten thousand of your children perished in my palm, Your Grace, she thought, slipping a third finger into Myr. Whilst you snored, I would lick your sons off my face and fingers one by one, all those pale sticky princes. You claimed your rights, my lord, but in the darkness I would eat your heirs. Taena gave a shudder. She gasped some words in a foreign tongue, then shuddered again and arched her back and screamed. She sounds as if she is being gored, the queen thought. For a moment she let herself imagine that her fingers were a bore's tusks, ripping the Myrish woman apart from groin to throat.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Essos is basically Greece and Egypt and Mongolia, with the mysterious lands of China and Persia off further east.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You're a pathetic man-baby if you won't just acquire a taste for [thing I eat], but you're also a man-baby if you have a taste for [thing I don't like] :smug:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Wait, Myrcella died? Is tv Darkstar more competent than real Darkstar? :monocle:

Ellaria Sand leads the Sand Snakes instead of Arianne and plots to kill Myrcella, but they gently caress it up royally and throw themselves on Doran's mercy. He decides to not punish them in any way and makes them send Myrcella off via boat. Ellaria gives her the kiss of death with slow-acting poison in front of everyone who knows that she's a poisoner (seriously just watch the scene, seriously) and Myrcella dies on the boat.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I always felt that they introduced Karsi so she could return as an Ice Zombie and eventually make sweet music with the Fire Zombie we're getting this season.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

IRQ posted:

It's not really even worth thinking about. Gurm has no idea how to write his basic story let alone make the world in any way logically consistent. Back when people still cared there were a bunch of bullshit theories about how the planet would need to change axis or orbits or some poo poo to have 20 year seasons but at the end of the day it's a fantasy world cooked up by a goonlord who really only thought things as far through as the "wouldn't it be cool if" stage as a backdrop for his deviant murder and liquid poop fetishes.

lol how the gently caress can Drogon fly when he's the size of an elephant but only has the proportional wingspan of an eagle

is gurm literally retarded

E: Have you guys ever heard of a "Forgotten Realms" setting? Apparently it has flat planets. lmao how would gravity even work there

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Junkenstein posted:

RIP George Martin.

Well... gently caress. It's true this time. :smith:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm pretty sure that once you've been raped with an rear end torture dildo, you're entitled to do whatever the gently caress you want with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm not sure how they'd even duel, given that Sandor is both crippled and a supposed pacifist. There's no scenario in which Frankenmountain wouldn't just grind him into paste, unless he's either way weaker than expected or has some exploitable weakness.