Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeleton Jelly
Jul 1, 2011

Kids in the street drinking wine, on the sidewalk.
Saving the plans that we made, 'till its night time.
Give me your glass, its your last, you're too wasted.
Or get me one too, 'cause I'm due any tasting.

Alhazred posted:

Isn't she about 15 when she fucks Daario? Apparently in GRRM's mind statuary rape isn't that bad if the victim is really into it.

To be fair, 15 isn't statutory rape in a lot of countries, even including ones in Western Europe and Latin America to this date. The fact that the Gurm likes to write about sex lives of 15 year-olds is creepy as hell, but statutory rape isn't really a clear-cut line like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Jelly
Jul 1, 2011

Bulletproof Tiger posted:

I still find it funny how many people (especially show watchers) think Dany and Drogo were a great couple, when he basically just kept raping her until she "liked" it. Then again, this is the series where people think that Sansa and Sandor should gently caress, so I guess every fan is broken in some way.

Well, it only makes sense that especially show watchers think all of this because the show has been watered down quite a bit from the books. Even the whole Drogo/Dany thing isn't portrayed in a manner as rapey as it's in the books and age differences overall are leveled so it isn't as creepy.

An actually true-to-books adaption of the books would be the most horrible thing to ever air.

Skeleton Jelly
Jul 1, 2011

I've always preferred the Pear-Shaped Man over the Meathouse Man. I really hope they make a graphic novel out of that too!