Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
He will unite the remaining forces of the Night's Watch, allie himself with Robb and take those blonde pansies out, riding to victory with that bull's helm and preparing the Kingdoms against the threat of the White Walkers.

It is known.

The Unnamed One fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Liam Neeson as The Kindly Man.

... That's actually not a bad idea.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Joramun posted:

That analogy really doesn't hold. Batman is lawful good, Arya is neutral evil at best. They are almost complete polar opposites.

Batman's the Alpha and the Omega of alignments, actually. Here's a chart.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
... Someone who immediately afterwards admitted to having lied about a pretty traumatic, defining event in his life, to boot. Let's just say Tyrion had a lot in his plate this last few books.
Gurm probably thinks that just raping that whore was pretty considerate of him.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
So wait, the twist is that he wants to go to "wherever whores go" just to kill everyone there?

... Goddammit, Gurm.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Either way, Davos better find Rickon completely feral and insane.

How is that different from regular Rickon?

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

el_brio posted:

You should have told her, "Words are wind bitch. Now get on you knees for Nuncle!"

Or spoiled her. Either would have been better than nothing.

Alternatively saying "Dany's storyline is about as useful as nipples on a breastplate. It is known". Then rocking out to a lovely rendition of The Rains of Castamere.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

whowhatwhere posted:

in a sleeping bag. Cue sex scene where nobody sees what is happening.

Ah, but what of the Lord's Kiss? Ygritte having her "You know nothing, Jon Snow"-gasm was the first time I showed the book series to a friend, and his perpetual :stare: still warms my heart.

... If only he knew.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

crazypeltast52 posted:

Edmure's wedding, but that presupposes that Tullys are people and can thus be wed.

You will not insult the Blackfish like that.

Though since he is a flaming queer, he probably wouldn't get married anyway.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

mind the walrus posted:

Writing as his "he technically wrote his blog post" or writing as in "writing independent of his blog and cashing royalty checks"?

He says he's writing about the Dothraki. Probably about how Dany got the khalasar back after Khal Jhaqo's mysterious shitdick-related death.

Fake edit: Relevant bit.

Gurm posted:

WINDS OF WINTER. Yes, I'm working on that too. At the moment, I am writing about the Dothraki. More than that, I sayeth not, you know I don't like to talk about this stuff.

On a different note, think we'll ever see Walder Frey before he kicks the bucket in the book that will never come out? If so, I hope he wears Grey Wind as a kickass fur coat, because that's the kind of wonderfully dickish thing he'd do.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Ned: Always be honorable and protect those sworn to you. There must always be a Stark in Winterfell.
Bran: Nah, I'm gonna leave the known world because I want to be a superhero.

Stark Values

And now he's Mogo*. HOW'D YOU LIKE THAT, BRAN?

*Except Mogo is awesome and Bran is... not. At least he has Hodor.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Turns out ASoIaF takes place on Mogo's surface. The long summers and winters are just him loving with people.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Pretty sure he sent her body to the North for whatever reason. Probably because Cersei would use her as a rug in the Throne Room.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Probably not, but then again the green dream of a dragon banging a wolf must've hosed him up bad.

The Unnamed One fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 27, 2012

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Ned's younger brother Ben joins up with the goths who like hanging around the woods in the outskirts of town. Nobody gives a poo poo.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
There's also the subplot of Coach Hightower, who has to win the championship while dealing with the talented but headstrong rookie Jaime, being helped by his teammates Arthur and Barry.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
ASOS has Drogon melting the slaver dude's eyeballs out, nevermind Strong Belwas making GBS threads at Meereen.

If those are out, the series has failed. :colbert:

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
North of the Wall, if I recall.

Fake edit: Yup - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpU3C1pYxJQ

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Well clearly he will write them after this one's over.

THE USURPER'S QUEST, coming this decade century millennium stellar phase.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Duel posted:

... you can see where I'm going with this. I announce my theory that Tommen is obviously Simba.

... You do know you have just created Tommen/Ser Pounce slash furryfics just by thinking this, right?

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
It's the title of the episode, if that's any consolation.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Won't that conflict with ~*~*~*~Daario~*~*~*~'s?

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Ambiguatron posted:

Like Daario is going to give the man himself any poo poo.

I imagine a Reynes X Lannisters situation arising from this.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
It's... beautiful :reject::fh:

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Oddly enough, after hearing this I found the creepiest part to be Gilly's "I am your wife,now". Sam's fat pink mast should've retracted instantaneously after hearing that.

E: Surprised no one suggested The Lord's Kiss.

The Unnamed One fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 3, 2012

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
She'll be the mute whore Euron gives to Victarion.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Contra Calculus posted:

He represents and IS a giant goon power fantasy. Even moreso in ADWD than he was before.

Dany is a massive loving idiot without Jorah holding her hand so if they ever do meet, she probably will just try to have him killed because she is still bitter about her Hitler-dad being murdered and betrayed by his family.

The single smartest thing she could have done was marry Quentin and seal an alliance with Dorne if she was serious about getting the Iron Throne. She has hosed that up horribly.

Isn't Jorah with Tyrion? I'm sure that will go well.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Im playing a knight named Stannis, Im killing everyone almost 6 to 1 or better every fight, Ive saved countless lords in the field andd lifted two sieges.....and all Im offerred is the most raided fief of all time and no one will marry me.

I love it.

Holy crap, that is "LARPier" than anything Skyrim will ever offer.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

CharlestheHammer posted:

Edit: I thought this was the military history thread, how the hell did we get here?

French Movie < Dead French royalty < Dead Czar family < Dead 13 year old boy < Dead GRRM before Winds of Winter comes out

The Mutato posted:

How can someone think this?

Well, Dany's story is better than the book (still isn't good), Shae is more likeable than her book counterpart and Tywin and Theon are far more sympathetic in the show. So it's not an opinion out of nowhere.

I do think the show ended up rushing and leaving some things underdeveloped, so the book is better, but Game of Thrones does improve a lot of what the GRRM did.

Except Jaime killing the counsin. That was just him being unnecessarily dickish.

The Unnamed One fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 19, 2012

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
... Why the hell not?

There used to be two towers alone on a river
You became the sword on the left side of me,
Love became a sharp pain as they came for the kill.

But did you know,
That when it stroke,
The Tully went crazy,
And blood from the halfwit was seen.

Baby,
I compare you to a death on a wedding of Freys,
Ooh,
The more I get of you,
The deader I am, yeah,
Now that my kingdom is doomed,
Lord Walder makes coats of the Grey.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
AFFC is light on the poo poo factor, though it does have Fat Pink Masts aplenty.

ADWD is the truly lovely affair.

Edit: But seriously, if you read the first three might as well just plow through them. They're not bad so much as not as good.

And the sex scenes are loving horrible, but you should be aware of this by now.

The Unnamed One fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 20, 2012

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Contra Calculus posted:

Greyjoy family values: hit, steal, and run like a goddamn rear end in a top hat. This makes you badass.

You forgot "Plead like a bitch if you're caught, then wait to gently caress everyone over at the worst possible time"

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Cachaça.

gently caress all you all.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Never.

P. S.: Last update about it in his not a blog was in May. More importantly, apparently Iain Glen will be making an audiobook version of "Dying of the Light", The GRRM's first foray into the novelist world. Any gurmy content in this one? The number of awkward boners people would achieve thanks to Mr. Glen's beautiful voice and GRRM's prose would be something to behold.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
I only own a fedora because I want to be like Don Draper.

Disclaimer: I will never, ever be like Don Draper.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

DirtyRobot posted:

But if Don Draper lived in 2012 he wouldn't wear a fedora.

But then he wouldn't be Don Draper, either.

CONUNDRUM!

E:

Medieval Medic posted:

Seeing as the absolute fucker is close to death, if you were in charge of writing his biography, what would you name it?

I am divided between "Of Nucles and Neeps" and "The Fatness knows no bounds".

"The Dying of the Girth"

The Unnamed One fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 23, 2012

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

"Great Bearded Glacier" is pretty poetic (and also a good name for the biography), if somewhat light for Bad Thread Standards.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

IRQ posted:

You want to be a terrible person on a horribly boring overated tv show that sucks? Maybe you should grow a Jon Show "beard" too, if that's your goal.

Rose Leslie won't return my calls.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
The Walking Dead Adventure Game was okay (well, one fifth okay. Telltale pulled a nano-gurm and delayed the second episode by a month).

The Unnamed One fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Pretty sure the person who appears naked the most in the show is Bryan Cranston.