Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I know it's "xkcd posting" but I read Ender's Game around 2006 and just thought "lol nobody's going to give a poo poo about two kids' blogs no matter how much of a smart guy the author thinks he is."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Cardiac posted:

Didn’t he get permad due to being upset about anime and then gave up posting here?
He probably spent more time criticising Rothuss than Rothuss actually spent writing his books.

He got permad because he was incessantly negative and he would just do that thread-strafing thing where people would be discussing something and he would just roll in with "the movie is bad actually."

I also never liked his critiques as I would never know what the gently caress he ever wanted from an author. I keep reading over that post that plunge linked, and I can't even figure out what he's criticizing. "Ugh! outsider characters!" So, are we supposed to have characters who love and are embraced by the status quo? I genuinely don't know what he wants art to be.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 9, 2021