Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

These Loving Eyes posted:

Reading this read has made me glad that I gave up on GURM halfway through A Feast for Neeps. I wonder when the mainstream readers and critics will call his bluff and realize the series is not about some great plot unraveling, but a personal outlet for dick-flaying and dog-loving fantasies.

I don't think that many have realized it yet, but when death comes nearer he will be more open about it. Just like his master Robert Jordan, whose last book was filled with barely legal lesbian spanking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Haha that's great! Can someone link the Roy Dotrice one?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Blind Sally posted:

This has been popping up in my FaceBook feed recently:

I thought "masochists" was the most obvious response.

Nuncles.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Jesus, GRRM and turtles. :psyduck:

went to a bar and

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

I agree.

Edit: also, http://imgur.com/gallery/BbU1X1E

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Jazzhand!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Hahahaha they spoiled Joffrey's poisoning! GRRM also showed his dick to children.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
From the other thread:

Dolex posted:

I made a web based tool that lets you search for terms and phrases in the books. It plots their usage visually.

I hope the attached image isn't a spoiler in and of itself. I haven't made it through all the books yet...

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

returnh posted:

Doesn't find Myrish swamp. :raise:

Yeah, I noticed the same.

So lemon cakes have almost always been served with rape.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

OhYeah posted:

Did I say they were amazing achievements in the advancement of television? No, they were well done and managed to gather a very large audience and fan following. We are talking about popular culture here. Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Just in case you have trouble understanding what I'm arguing here: Game of Thrones is big budget, visually engaging, well casted and acted, well written TV series that at times is dark, depressing, violent and yet still managed to capture the imagination of a wide spectrum of fans. If you wish to argue with then please go ahead.

Hey GRRM, why so butthurt?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
OhYeah, could you make another angry post about how you're not angry?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

I just like the implication that he can't be bothered to work up an interest in any kind of entertainment unless it has stilted ren faire dialogue and wall to wall rapes.

Surely thou jape, my good ser?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Spartacus is such a fun series. Ceasar got raped by a whiny teenager and the next day he had to lead a a charge on foot because his rear end couldn't handle riding.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Gratitude Domina.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Can't wait to play with her arse!

Alternatively, can't wait to play the peep on folks having kinky sex, berate prostitute for having emotions and wipe jizz off of faces minigame.

It's gonna be quite awesome when you gear up towards a major battle and then the screen fades to black.

Fights are handled by the player giving Batman sound effects as voice commands.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Joramun posted:

In a way, every character is already dead since we're never getting any more books. ADWD was the end so to the reader everybody essentially expired at the end of it, in a literary sense.

We are getting more books, but they'll be based on the popular HBO series.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

SaviourX posted:

I think I just killed a thread as it got gassed not sure if that's ever happened to me before what an odd feeling. Okay back to normal threading, seriously who is the Prince That Was Promised.

He was one of those that Cersei licked.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

SaviourX posted:

Fixed this for ya. Also yup, she's not awful, but she ain't refining her craft.

Maybe she's saving herself for the poo poo berries.

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 17, 2013

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Pod was hung like hell.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

thank you

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
:golfclap:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Mr.48 posted:

Seven years for me :negative:

e: And I want my loving wildcards tag back.

I think that you can buy it back. It's just an url in your title text.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Hunky Joe posted:

The most discerning difference is that the war of the roses had an ending and a song of ice and fire never will

Yes it will, and it will be based on the popular HBO TV-series Game of Thrones.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
There's some funny stuff about Game of Thrones and spoiling the unsullied on the latest Community episode.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Ask your mother if she would like write a chapter to A Clash of Kinks. The project could really use her expertise.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

BizarroAzrael posted:

Does anyone else here "read" the series via audiobook? I'm on Storm of Swords now, and Tywin seems to suddenly sounds like Churchill. Not that I dislike it, but I'm pretty sure it's a new development.

I like Roy Dotrice's reading though, it's just a worry that with him being 90, he's not going to be able to finish this thing.

Yeah I listened them. Roy Dotrice is quite good most of the time, but his "Herro, herro, I'm Olientar!" Missandei accent was pretty bad. And also this

Hunky Joe posted:

Roy Dotrice talking about making GBS threads and pissing is really awkward as well as the Dany sex scenes.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Kiss and make up.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Setanta posted:

I get your other points but lets get real, Jamie killed the mad king because he was... loving nuts.

Burn the city? Sure, you can live while innocents die. TBH Ned Stark should have thanked Jamie (then kicked his golden arse off the throne) after the murder of his dad and brother.

Ned was no saint, following Baratheon because Robert loved a girl that wasn't that into him. I really get the impression that she preferred Rhaegor's company (and is most likely the mother of John Snow by Rhaegar Targaryan). Robert was a jilted lover and just as willing to cause havoc to get his way and Ned supported him (as usual demonstrating his "good judgement") with the goal of getting rid of the ruler on the iron throne even though they were sworn to him.

Jamie did the job and copped poo poo for that. There was plenty of room for him to be the hero and for it to still happen - except GRRM. FFS - Tywin murdered the Targaryan kids and was respected and feared afterwards.

I doubt he'll ever sit on the throne anyway, he just didn't seem interested.

Ned supported him because the King had killed his father and older brother.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

I like your style. Could you do other parts of the series?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Where do horse go?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Joramun posted:

Egg is Rhaegar's (and Robert/Stannis/Renly/Viserys/Dany's) great-grandpa. Dunk is Brienne and Hodor's great-grandpa.

The Dunk thing was new to me.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

At least go whole hog with the hispanization. Jorge Ramon Ricardo Martinez.

Tolkien de América.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
el Gúrmo

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Joramun posted:

He looks lazy.

Not at all, he cleaned my pool last year, Pedro's a good guy.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Elman posted:

I joked about the show finishing long before the books do, but it's totally going to happen.

it is known

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
I think the only question is does the fat man die before Words are Winds is published. There's no chance that he will live to see the end of the TV- or book series.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Aurain posted:

The series ends before The Winds of Winter comes out.

Is anyone even doubting this?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
I was reading about Corsairs from Wikipedia and found this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lustful_Turk. Like half of the plot of the Song of Ice and Fire is lifted from that book. I knew already that slave fantasies sell even today, but I didn't know that they went that far back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Blitz7x posted:

My dad who knows nothing about ASOIAF walked in when I was watching the show and said he wanted to watch. I said "Sure pops, you should probably start from the beginning". He said "no no I want to see the big retard who can only say his name". I said "Oh, Hodor" and he started laughing to hard he cried and left the room

welcome to the southeastern US

your dad's cool and you got owned pretty badly