Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Joramun posted:

The Mannis is definitely the best non-POV character, but Qyburn is a close second and Littlefinger also has his moments.

Odd how you misspelled "Euron Crow's Eye" three different ways in the same sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Urdnot Fire posted:

Does it make them smarter or stupider that they chose the "correct" spelling of Arya over the much more commonplace Aria?

Way smarter. Decades from now the kid will be able to tell people that her now-deceased parents were opera fans or conceived her in a fancy hotel in Vegas rather than explaining that she was named after a character on that dragon show nobody remembers very well that was a big deal on the TV back in the day.

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 25, 2013

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Cornwind Evil posted:

Jaime's biggest mistake ever, one that just baffles me in retrospect, was sitting on the throne after he killed Aerys. If he really was that mentally exhausted, he should have just collapsed and sat on the ground.

I think his biggest mistake was never telling anybody the reason he killed Aerys even though there was a ton of physical evidence (piles of kaboomite under the city) supporting his story.

Well, that and knocking up his sister three times. And telling Tyrion the truth about Tysha. And showboating around Riverrun. And talking poo poo to Vargo Hoat.

Dude's made plenty of choice fuckups now that I think of it.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Tea Bone posted:

I've always pronounced it 'you-ron', but I could be wrong in that.

I find it weird that there's more kids being named Arya than Sansa. 'Arya' is kind of a mouthful and can't really be shortened. Alternatively, give your kids a normal name.

Arya sounds just like "Aria" though, which is a legit word and plausible name. With "Sansa" everybody's gonna know your daughter was named after a TV show, and not even after its awesome girl-power star, Kalyssie.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Majorian posted:

Hahaha, I hadn't considered ol' Pullo in that role, but yeah, I can kind of see it. I would rather see someone like Mark Strong in the role, though - someone who can play "intelligent, but not terribly creative" well. Which is not to say that Ray Stevenson couldn't play that role, but Mark Strong is really good at that.

Stupidity is Victarian's defining character trait, though (aside from muscles and the cool hat).

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

jsoh posted:

well, she was raised by that father who had no empathy, and lost her mother very young, and also had that same incest filled ancestry (tywin and joanna were first cousin) as well as being raped over and over and over and over and over for 16 years.

First-cousin marriage being taboo is a pretty recent thing and it's still legal almost everywhere outside China and about half the states in the USA [/GeorgeMichaelBluth]

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

mkay0 posted:

People ITT talking about real life genetics, please stop. GURM has established his own retarded rules of genetics. The fact that it was literally impossible for Robert Baratheon to have a child with light hair was a huge plot point. Real genetics talk can :getout:

I like to think that bastards really are biologically predisposed to be shitheels in Gurm's world.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Is it even feasible to feed an army of thousands on the move just by hunting animals? Unless you're marching through a giant cattle farm, I wouldn't think there'd be sufficient animal density to support that many people. Then again, I know jack poo poo about hunting or feeding armies.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Bigger shocker: it was JonConn.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

When they do close-ups of her face, she looks like a nine-year-old playing dress-up. (So, way too old to be hot in the Gurmverse)

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

various cheeses posted:

I like this guy's First Law series. Finished the trilogy and I'm on the first standalone now.

Also I yearn for a day when the show is as bad as the books.

When I got to the part where the hot independent chick decided that an appropriate penance for sassing her brother enough that he just had to beat the gently caress out of her was to devote the rest of her life to scrubbing feces from of a decrepit older man's body and clothing I thought, "the prophesies were true; we have finally found the British Gurm."

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 17, 2015

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

whatever7 posted:

Do you guys think thematically the whole Arya training should be part of time skip like Bran. I have been thinking about this. If GRRM really intend to turn Arya into bad rear end assassin, she should go away for a good 3-5 years at lease for the training. I don't see the point of GRRM keep writing Arya level up quest. They are really not part of the ASOIAF story.

Unless, GRRM intend to have Arya break the vow to assassin guild very soon.

All of AFFC and ADWD should be replaced with a 3-minute video montage of Arya punching a heavy bag and practicing her illusions, interspaced with shots of Dany feeding her dragons and rebuilding that ruined city, jon snow looking cold, and cersei walking into rakes. All to the tune of "You're the Best" from Karate Kid. BAM, ASoIaF improved 7,000%.

I unironically believe this.

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 18, 2015

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Krinkle posted:

Did that guy say that someone offered to marry asha for no other reason than to stop her from gay marrying daenerys? I'm pretty sure all prophecies about marriage are heteronormative, though???

Wait til you find out that littlefinger is only into kat/sansa because he's obsessed with some magical prophesy about redheads and harrenhal.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Plucky Brit posted:

That wasn't covered much in the show, was it? What was the show's reason for Tyrion killing Tywin? I heard they skipped the revelation about Tysha completely.

Daddy was about to execute/wall me for a crime he knows I didn't commit + was loving Shae after riding my rear end about whoring forever + doesn't love me.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Max posted:

It's very poor. He may have been selling the info, but if you buy it and tell him there's more where that came from if he continues to bring back good info from KL (which they want to go to war with, so that would be a good idea) he'd be the perfect person to do it since he runs trades through there anyway.

That whole scene was very poorly done.

I wonder if we're going to get a scene of Doran expressing how annoyed he is with them, as they are when they go around ruining his plans. It would at least justify what they did to the guy.

Not really feeling this criticism. To paraphrase a post from the tv thread, if you went to the CIA in 2004 and said "Hey, I just smuggled bin Laden and a friend into the US, they said something about a kidnapping or something? Anyway, give me ten million and I'll tell you where I dropped him off" the answer ain't gonna be "great work, citizen, how about a hundred mil instead!" It's gonna be "fetch the waterboard."

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I read an ew article recently where one of the D+D guys said Ramsay isn't known or famous in the shows world, much less known as a torturous poo poo.

Hard to believe that Littlefinger didn't think to do some research on Ramsay before putting his most valuable asset in Ramsay's hands. Right before a big battle, no less.

Then again his asinine dagger plot worked, so Littlefinger probably knows that he has plot armor.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Even if Roose kept his ironmen-and-northern-noble-flaying, woman-hunting, unable-to-not-act-like-a-psychopath-for-ten-minutes son's proclivities so well-hidden that even Littlefinger couldn't get any intelligence remotely, the finger himself was at Winterfell for days/weeks before the wedding. Hard to imagine him not figuring it out, but if D+D said so, I guess it's true for the show. Just like it's true that Jaime and Cersei had consensual intercourse on Joff's casket, or that the Sand Snakes are Of The Night.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Arbite posted:

Here's a thought: did the writers account for the fact that

No.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Late on this, but being upset that the camera went to Theon instead of a full on shot of Sansa being doggystyled because you think it makes it look like theon is the one suffering the worst of it is soooooooooooo funny.

The camera was on Theon because he was doing the most important thing in the room: trying to figure out if Ramsay was inside Sansa or if Sansa was inside Ramsay.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I thought there wasn't a new episode because of Memorial Day.

Hooray, I get to watch more elementary school pageant production of Aladdin. :toot:

Nah, this is a lot less hot.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

To be fair, that was like the minor-league fighting pit to see who gets to advance to the big game. Still loving asinine though.

P.S. Boobs.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Page one-thousand's watch has ended. We shall not see its like again.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Mnemosyne posted:

Tobho Mott says he used a bunch of spells to rework it, so it should be at least kinda magical. Though where he would learn spells from is another mystery.

I think Tobho is associated with the faceless men (has the black and weirwood doors, is from essos).

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

kcroy posted:

Why in the world would D&D push for LESS seasons?

Fewer.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Who gives a gently caress about Kevan? He's a complete non-entity.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

yronic heroism posted:

Whoever said gurm's self insert is wyman manderly was wrong. It's really Illyrio, who keeps his dead wife's severed hands in his bedroom.

It's gotta be Yezzan. Too fat to even stand, reeks of piss and perfume, obsessed with expanding his grotesquerie, prized posession is a hermaphrodite bedslave. Manderly and Illyrio are noob-rear end wannabes. Only The Yellow Whale brings Gurm-caliber game.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The GRRMy Sue is and always has been Tyrion. He thinks he's this brilliant and clever outcast who everyone should listen to.

Yezzan is GRRM's id. He doesn't realize that character is him writing his real self.

This is a brilliant insight, no joke. A Good Post in The Bad Thread.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Who says that great line?

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

P. sure Old Nan is Ramsay.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

TommyGun85 posted:

sometimes I wonder what the gently caress is wrong with people who come up with stuff like this.

Read Bad Threads I-V, then all of this one.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Not having Cersei's story be "IM DUM IM SO DUM REAL DUM VICTARION AND HODOR SEEM SMART TO ME IM NOT FAT MY DRESSES SHRINKED DUM DUM DUM" is the one thing from S5 that sucked less than the books.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

A plotline that went nowhere? Surely not in my ASoIaF!

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Every battle scene in the show looks like Monty Python, that's just a consequence of having a TV budget. The best parts of Blackwater were the Cersei scenes inside.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

iirc, Davos thinks the Mother saved him after Blackwater. He may have been hallucinating, but maybe the Seven actually did something.

No doubt we'll know more next month when we're all reading WoW.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

syscall girl posted:

i would have totally drank the kool-aid with cersei :swoon:

assuming it was just some strong wine and milk of the poppy and we were all messed up and then we would start fooling around like we were about to be killed

yeah

loving Tommen gets the two hottest scenes in the show.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This is one of the worst posts I've ever seen.

Agreed. No way Dan or Dave could get erect without rape being involved.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Krinkle posted:

e: Why was ramsay legitimized? Roose knows he's a kinslayer, he knows he killed his son. He's heard stories. Why would he ask for it? I think tywin gave it to him to give him grief.

Roose is an ancient skinchanger/vampire being who will take over Ramsay's body/steal Ramsay's skin before he (Roose) dies. Roose is getting up there in years, so he isn't confident that a new child will grow up in time for the transition. Ram is his only choice if he wants to hop into a Bolton body that's an established heir.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

counterfeitsaint posted:

If they did a Roberts Rebellion movie, they would probably change Aerys into a pedophile and include several scenes of him masturbating to burning children, just so there's zero ambiguity when Jamie finally stabs him.

They should film the real story: Jaime kills Aerys for kicks and to help daddy rape and pillage King's Landing more quickly. Years later, he makes up a story about being a poor, misunderstood hero to impress a lady who just gave him a boner.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

The blot blog must be written by some insane American slavery apologist who watched Gone With the Wind 100 too many times.

I think Shavepate poisoned the locusts because Dany passively let the slavemasters retake the city bit by bit. The only way to keep Mereen free was to kill Dany and blame it on the slavers while she still had enough political capital with the masses to use her death as a motivation for a real revolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

If the hooded figure actually was the Stranger, it'd know about the kinslaying

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Oct 15, 2015