Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
"House of the Dragon" prequel ordered straight to series. "Set 300 years before the events of “Game of Thrones,” the series tells the story of House Targaryen."

Personally, I can't wait to read Fire and Blood: Volume II, the adaptation of the hit HBO series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
Theon says he banged the miller's wife, but I don't remember if there was anything more than that to lead one to believe that the kids were his. Though just including that detail makes me lean towards the notion that they were.

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019

RCarr posted:

I tried to read the first Witcher book and it was easily the worst book I have ever attempted to read. It was like reading a teenager’s attempt at writing a video game plot.

Blood of Elves? I started with it because it was described as the first book in the saga and I really struggled through it too. Then I recently realized that the short story anthologies were actually first chronologically and in publishing order, and tried The Last Wish, which was a lot better. I haven’t gotten around to reading more, but it’s on my list now for when I get through my current backlog of books.

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
GRRM is now (co-)owner of a small railroad in Santa Fe. He apparently has visions of "immersive experiential train experiences."

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
New update from GRRM. Writing "has been going well of late. Three more chapters completed this past week. And good progress on several more. [...] Still a long long way to go, though. Do not get too excited."

Can I get a little excited at least? I'm happy he's doing well, and I still hold out hope we eventually see TWOW.

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
At this point, I assume he's basically totally scrapped an entire book's worth of material. He's never made it a secret that he lets the story grow on its own, but now that he's done that for so long I doubt he's been able to figure out a way to make it lead to the ending. I wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to write the thing more or less by trial and error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
GRRM has posted a new update.

"No, sorry, still not done, but I do inch closer [...] Of late I have been spending a lot of time with the Lannisters. Cersei and Tyrion in particular. I’ve also paid a visit to Dorne, and dropped in to Oldtown a time or three. In addition to turning out new chapters, I’ve been revising some old ones (some very old) [...] I was really on a roll back in June and July. Progress has continued since then, but more slowly… I suffered a gut punch in early August that really had me down for a time, and another, for different reasons, in early September. But I slogged on, and of late I am picking up steam again."