Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

You motherfuckers. I had to concentrate on work most of last year and this year, and I took my time reading this entire thread over the past month or so. And of course I get to the grrmfic part.

gently caress all yall.

I want in. I'll write whatever's left. Poor Sophia will probably need a fellow editor too, but I'm sure another goon can take that up.

Goddam, guys.

I thought we was mates.

I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

So, did you all just give up on the grrmfic or what the hell? I've got poo poo going down this weekend and next weekend but you can bet I'll be writing.

Bookchat: I started re-reading AGoT for the first time, and the prologue coupled with all the autumn snows in the Stannis chapters in ADWD keeps reminding me the absolute fucker has never been anywhere north of Seattle in his life. The drudgery of winter is pretty close, but none of the environmental stuff is. And of course that's only the Westeros 'exxxtreme autumn' or whatever.

Working in the sub-arctic (land of almost-always-winter) and visiting the territories is nothing like he describes, even though everything in the North (north of the neck) is like a hodgepodge of 'hurf russia is like this, right?' stereotypes.

Reminds me of the book that started with a chick loving running down a mountain, during a blizzard, that was half made of mist (how is there mist!), but could still make out a town or whatever the poo poo at the bottom, miles away. For gently caress's Sake.

:spergin:

SaviourX fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Aug 31, 2012

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Boy I wish I could get paid for writing *popular cultural thing* meets *current events* thing. Internet Journalism!

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

If the google duck is updated, then this may be wrong:

So it looks like these folks were working on chapters, but haven't said if they're done drafts or not:

Chapter 2 – Ardi (SpaceMost)
Chapter 5 – Brendan (geeves)
Chapter 6 - Kate [SEX] (JustFrakkingDoIt) or syscall girl?
Chapter 8 – Ardi (1stGear)
Chapter 9 - Sensa [SEX] (IRQ)
Chapter 10 - Brendan [SEX] (Badly Jester)
Chapter 12 – Sensa [SEX] (Undead Unicorn)
Chapter 14 – Brendan (The Mutato)
Chapter 17 – Ardi (my cat is norris)
Chapter 18 – Sensa (was Contra's) - I'll take this one fo sho. Make Contraculus all sexylike (since it isn't reality)
Chapter 22 – Ardi (Cirofren)

What's happenin, fools?

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Sounds like the co-authors are going for a more ballsout parody, while my chapter seems to be droning on and full of bland, safe sort of deviancies. I have failed. No true Wildcard.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

A_H bigmcgaffs is the Prince Who Was Promised.

Holy poo poo I'm finally home with steady internet. Writing times! I need in on the google doc for Game of Bones. Gonna suggest everyone get their chapters up or partially up and passed to someone else by the end of the week.

Gon do this fo Rill.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

TOS sounds like a hoot.

I'll snap up any unfinished chapters, then another unstarted one.

I see fan favorites irq and norris haven't posted poo poo in the past few weeks. HMMM.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Like a true goon. Not even a WC.

(it's funny, because WC stands for shitdick hodor)

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Oh, I totally would have got some words down, but I sat down for a bit of Crusader Kings II and now it's 8 hours later.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Yo any grrmfic folks want to get on Skype tomorrow sometime? See what needs finishing, etc?

There might be lemons and cake. (possibly rape, how I don't know)

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Annnnd second city condenses this thread into a fine, fine point.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

It's like every time I click on A_H's posts to see if maybe he's not a giant decaying idiot, I see that indeed, I am wrong.

(ps - guy, if you feel like responding to this with a usual tepid, witless one-liner, don't. I can't see it)

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

IRQ posted:

It definitely had some poo poo.

:golfclap:

Now that's a good post, even from someone people disagree with.

Realtalk: started chapter 6's sex scene, got a few notes together for chapter 22. Upload to the doc if you got somethin!

Oh poo poo, uh

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

e: poo poo, this was for the last page.

No, it just means that he's into guys with wheelchairs and text to speech boxes.

thornghost posted:

SaviourX, should I have you on chapters 6, 18 and 22?

gently caress yeah. 22 is a bitch so far, but hopefully I won't take another 5 years on it. Also, Borderlands 2.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The Mutato posted:

GRRMstagram

He looks like an evil priest.

Padre Damien's cousin, is that you?

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Derby owns, Bot, please don't let's disagree on this.

Also, mum's been in the hospital (for routine stuff), among other things this week or so. I promise I will write more about boners than anything else, including stuff for CC.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

^^^
Commin' atcha!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3422738&pagenumber=429&perpage=40#post405415531

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Man, everything I write is still coming out straightlaced, even when it's trying to intentionally be bad (the opposite of 50 Shades, I guess??). And everything posted here is too ridiculous, so it ends up right in the middle of:
straight erotic -> too over the top -> so bad that it's terribly bad that it's funny.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

thornghost posted:

Stale claims (correct me if you're working on these)

P sure that IRQ said his was open now.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Yeah, the show went off the rails at right about the lesbian fisting exposition scene. gently caress that poo poo. Hearing dumb motherfuckers jape 'winter is coming' or seeing it in facebook posts just makes me want to troll them erry day. I didn't read close to 6000 pages of bullshit so you can just think the tv show is all there is.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Oh hay, we played 'Game of Thrones' last night, it took us about 4 hours, we were the LEnnisters, and we were ruling all of the north, but then the Squids came and got us from the back, but then Ned Stark came and saved us with some epic rolls. Did I read the books? Heh, no, I have a life.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Holy poo poo, we agree on something!

"Hey, Opeth on stage at a metal fest, I'll check them out!"
*12 minutes of bullshit jamming*
*fans going nuts*
*me going 'gently caress this'*

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The best part of that episode was Grrm fanfic-ing himself and writing the two bromance scenes between Bronn and Sandor. Marvelous. BRONDOR

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Our character Sensa has an inner goddess that dances when you plunge practice lances into her rectum.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

If you jerks are too bored and too squeamish to write gurmfic, you can always check out the spooky contest thread and come up with something interesting over the weekend or so:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3509974

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

I'm pretty sure most of us won't be forgetting wombmen... ever. :eyepop::fh:

e: ok fine, a taste of things to.. come

chapter 18 posted:

"I'm sorry, my big knight," she said, wriggling a little.

"Quiet, princess. Now. Crawl." He shifted in the seat, his hardness betraying him. "The eunuch, his name was Contraculus, and for someone that would have been a man, he was... beautiful. Not as a woman on her hands and knees, but even so."

Tame as tame can be! Working on 6 today! Done everything soooon.

SaviourX fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 11, 2012

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

If you listen to his interviews, he writes about everything going to hell, so it's okay. And sexual fetishes and oddities, as I keep trying to tell everyone, is like a big mainstay of well, all literature. So there's that.

Still, Scalzi borders on plain and boring, Zoo City won a bunch of awards last year, so it's a mixed bag. And thank gently caress it's a humble bundle, because I won't be hosed to give Doctorow any money for anything he's written ever.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Fine work, shags. Absolutely splendid, m'boy.

Have a treat:

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

*cue Fantasia sequence from 'Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls'*

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Butt Shags, double goatse!

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

whoflungpoop posted:

whoever has the remaining chapters needs to include an Aemon/Old Nan BDSM session, including liver spot play and arm wrinkle frottage. Complete with Jon warging into Mormont's raven to watch from the rafters.

The safe word is CORN

Done. I'm putting this in somewhere. By gently caress.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

syscall girl posted:

Unless you've done any significant amount of that chapter, I'd cede it to you.

Nah, I keep coming up with new projects that I procrastinate on instead of finishing this ridiculous mess.

PS - I goatse'd my ma back in aught four I think, just a headsup, probably makes me your Coolbro King.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

motherofgod.gif

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

So goons, I wore this shirt:
http://www.teefury.com/archive/1486/A_Game_of_Ice___Fire/

to the local con here (my first ever, thankfully), and whenever people commented on it it was all I could do to not scream spoilers at them or say how terrible gurm is :ohdear:.

Also, standing in line for Chris Claremont, a g-g-girl saw it and started a conversation and I didn't know how much to sexually violate her, so the talk was kind of bland, sorry I'm new at this!

(also also, Claremont would not shut up after he signed my friend's poo poo, just going on and on about Kitty and Bobby being a terrible idea, all signing other people's books while talking at us, wow)

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

I'm so glad I have the ~privilege~ to willingly not know what the gently caress is going on.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Sarkozymandias posted:

Was pretty sure a horrible tasteless joke is what I just made so if you can take that to a darker place please don't hesitate.

Gonna wish I worded that differently later.

Doesn't get much darker than inside of a G.U.R.M. even his rolls.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Moustachio insertion.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

gently caress Mace erryday, get him and Tarly and pour boiling oil in their eyesssss.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Hey wildcards bros, thanks for showing up to the thing. You cats are magical. ;-*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

I, on the other hand... :getin: