Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Beep boop breaking news. Rifftrax makes a "mummer's farce" joke in latest Twilight Rifftrax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

I mean Mike is definitely a goon. I bet it was totally this thread where that joke came from. We are changing the world!

(In to a much shittier one)

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Ya especially people who have forum accounts and post ask and tells about Rifftrax.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

I'm just going to post this again for anyone that hasn't seen it. When reading the books i always pictured ravens sounding like birds when they spoke words. Who knew they sound like Wheatly(Stephen Merchant) from Portal 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZyBNWVD70w

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

I just paid a wood witch like 20 bux. she said it would be summer 2015. she also gave me this little smoking rock. It's all white and sparkly.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Joramun posted:

Actually, wouldn't the best ending to the series be to abolish the Iron Throne altogether in favor of a parliamentary democracy?

And then there could be a sequel series following Khaleesi on the campaign trail, featuring such tomes as A Game of Quorums, A Clash of Incumbents, A Storm of Polls, A Feast for Wonks and A Filibuster with Dragons.

I know I'm 2 days late here but a game of quorums is the funniest thing.

So smart book people awnser me this. If the song isn't about Jon and Dany who is it. Stannis should be allowed but isn't so gently caress you.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

I'm thinking the others and dragons just own the world and murder everyone. its not the happiest song but if you think this has a happy ending...

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Ron Jeremy posted:

Patchface. Ser Pounce for lord commander of the kittysguard

The kitten has three heads. (I can't be the first person to make this joke I'm so sorry)

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Mr.48 posted:

Who said I was being ironic? The numerous iterations of the bad thread provided me with more entertainment over the years than anything GRRM has actually written.

I want to echo this statement, but like a warehouse rave that goes till noon the next day, around 7-8am poo poo starts to get wierd. But yeah the bad threads were always awesome, or awesomely horrible.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

I'm rereading Dance and its really not a horrible book. It just needed a loving ending. The first two thirds are good. But knowing that everything ends in a cliffhanger is like beetles in my brain as I struggle through the last chapters.

Please finish the next book please finish the next book. gently caress.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

mind the walrus posted:

Become one of us. Transcend. You feel it in your heart. Just a little further.

I'm just not ready for the death of hope. I'm still grasping its hand as I slip in to the abyss of writing slash Harry Potter GoT.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

When I see that picture I'm reminded of her in that bad lip reading video.

Yep, around 1:42 - 1:50 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Krz-dyD-UQ

This was the funniest thing I've seen from these forums in a few week's. Thanks.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Ok my day is ruined. The sexy Louis CK was funny if disturbing but that is a vision from hell. Maybe he only looked at the butt shot? But its GRRM so you know he was fapping it staring at her fake beard.

I'm going to take two showers now.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Holy loving poo poo. I usually can forgive authors for horrible writing but gently caress. He doesn't have a daughter right?

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Ok I'm done. I just read a horrible thing, An unspeakable thing. I don't care about Dany or Jon or Jamie or Arya or Bran anymore.

(I might still read for Hodor) What the gently caress was that? (The pear shaped man)? That was like worse than anything the bad thread ever did. Goodbye ASOIAF. Will probably still watch your TV show cause you know...

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

So I get the choice of not having cannons and poo poo. But there is a bunch of smart dudes in Oldtown and not one of them was like "Holy crap when things explode things fly really fast, if only we could harness that energy."

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

I don't know what is happening. I'm gonna go gently caress this bear.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

kaworu posted:

Hey guys, I'm going to attempt to listen to the ASoIaF books on "tape" (well, I'm trying for the first three books at least, we'll see how bored I get how fast) as I'm going to be doing some work soon wherein this would probably help pass some time. I've only truly read the books through once, other than that I've just skipped around and re-read certain chapters or sections, so I'm actually a little excited since I'm sure I missed lots of revolting passages and details.

The most common version seems to be the ones read by Roy Dotrice, at least, that's what's on Audibleit *seems*, and he's read every book though he sounds considerably more quavery in the sample from ADWD. This Roy Avers fellow also seems to have recorded versions of AGoT and ASOS, but none of the other books, and it seems like there were several recordings of AFFC made before Dotrice recorded a version. He seems fairly beloved so I guess I'll go with him unless you guys strongly tell me that Avers is much better. Dotrice seems to be to do thick regional British dialects, at least, and those are fun to hear.

I childishly wish there was an Iain Glen recording of the whole series - I listened to his recording of "The Princess and the Queen", and it was just freaking outstanding. I could listen to that guy read the phone book.

edit: Thinkin' I'm going to stick with Dotrice. His are the most easily available and he's narrated all 5 books (and seems to be the only one who narrated books 2 and 5) and continuity is always nice as long as the narrator is doing a good job. Out of curiosity, was the Avers one recorded first, or for the American release, or something else? God help me I don't think I could stand to actually *listen* to ADWD, though. Insert your joke about a distinguished Shakespearean actor reading "sunset found her squatting in the grass..." joke here.

Do people actually listen to books on tape whitout doing something else like driving or playing video games? This is a serious question. My brain goes so much faster than an old guy reading the book.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

If I had a book with like a thousand characters holy gently caress would I have a bunch be inside jokes and personal thank you's. Lord Tekneeks and his army of 1200 men. Ser Jencho riding in to combat with his wide bottomed breeches. 50,000 men of the army of Wattes from the land of Bhase.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

The White Widow was strong but she was felled by the vigor and energy of the younger fighter. The young red haired girl danced around the older woman, throwing sprays of blood every way with the super silver haze of her sword.

Edit: A young scout named Cookie picked up the sword of the fallen hero and hid away to await her revenge.

Fragmented fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 26, 2015

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I found an .epub containing all 6 released TWOW chapters which includes one complete Barristan chapter, I don't know if it was recorded during a reading or what but it seemed fully legit. I am not even sure if it's considered :filez: or not, I mean some of the chapters are 'bootlegs' or whatever bust most of them were released by GURM for free so idk if it's fine to link it or not, It's pretty easy to find anyway.

I wouldn't link it maybe but yeah if someone wants TWOW chapters I think they probably know where and how to find them.

The Barristan was definitely the most epic. The Theon ones pretty good too. Tyrions is ok.

Fragmented fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 7, 2015

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Hahahahaha.

GRRM: Can't even write a loving post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

HOTD was ok, the political intrigue was great at times. The episode after Paddy's death was pretty top notch Rome quality in that respect. The problem I have with the TV adaptations is they don't capture the same "gently caress the royals this is really a story about how war and power affect everyone that doesn't have power" that GRRM tiptoed into with his writing.

I will give the guy credit though, he does actually write a fantasy story that touches on this stuff. Hopefully the Dunk & Egg series will be more of that.