Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

computer parts posted:

I think the quote was more "regular banks force Princes to step down, the Iron Bank makes new Princes out of thin air to take the throne".

The gist of it that I remember is that when normal banks have princes default the banker offs himself, with the Iron bank they just get a new prince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

I agree, he isn't a great writer, but he is pretty good at creating an interesting world, and the TV shows have the added bonus of time and budget constraints, so I'm hopeful that after seeing their take on the first book they'll be able to do a great job culling out all the unnecessary poo poo (I don't think we'll see half of the POV characters spend half of season 5 with their thumbs up their asses on boats traveling to Mereen).

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

It's not like they've had a great relationship with the Men. They might just want to purge them and take their chances with the way things used to be. The Children's Obsidian weapons and magic seem to make them more able to fight Others than Men.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Vengarr posted:

I had Sister's Stew the other day. Trip report: it was amazing.

Serve it out of a loaf of bread like it says and you will literally devour everything. I think I know why GRRM is so fat if this is the kind of thing he's eating every day.

Gonna store that recipe in a safe place and bring it out when I need to impress someone. Definitely try it out if you can.

I can concur, although I didn't use a bread bowl, it's amazing anyway,