Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My favorite part of the series finale of True Blood was Bill sacrificing himself to save Sookie from attracting more vampires....just for her to not use her powers making his sacrifice worthless. Then she winds up with some bearded guy.

Hoyt was the best part of that show. And no one still cares about Eggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

syscall girl posted:

the one thing we can all agree on is that we wouldn't be posting itt unless we had impeccable taste

:hmmyes:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TERFherder posted:

I get the vibe those two are reeeeaaaaaly into tracking skin and eye color. You know, just making sure the bloodlines stay pure and all. in the books. for consistency.

*slowly circles "black of hair."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Trivia posted:

(That's bad)

Can I go now?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Endless and endless descriptions of tummies and food. The man is a workaholic.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

They killed Osha so he gave up writing because he couldn't perv on the hairy lady anymore.

Reminder that they changed Asha's name because they didn't want anyone confusing the 10 minutes of screen time Osha had with the hours of the newly named Yara. Also there's a character name Arya or something, I don't know.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

The mood marker, my god; he wants to ensure your comprehension and so after his sly jokes he grabs your shoulders, shaking you wildly while screaming the punchline into your face.

Words are wind.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

When did Joffrey die again? Season 4?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I still remember making this:

Think it was years and years after though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I didn't even think of finding bars that are doing the viewing things. I may actually get a couple friends together and go do that instead of just watching at home for the last few episodes.

Something about being in a room full of people reacting to poo poo happening makes things more fun than watching it with my roommates in silence as they play on their phones. It made the last half of the last season of Breaking Bad amazing. The only problem is there's no natural drink breaks and the episodes are going to be like an hour and a half long.

Hmmm, now I'm rethinking it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Perhaps the real Song of Ice and Fire was the dramatic life changes we had along the way.

Remember back in like 2008 when we talked about everything we'd done between Tyrion chapters? That was 10 years ago.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I always forget how good the first three books/seasons of this were.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I always set out to finish their posts, but it just never seems to happen. My eyes glaze over, I just start scanning, and by the end I know a ton about some random historical event, but struggle to remember how that happened when the post began with a lighthearted joke about James from Twin Peak's hairline.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

kcroy posted:

I don't mean a second season, I mean after the storyline is over, a whole new one, set in the 80s!

Don't worry, the second season wasn't very good either.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ha, we had basically a 1 for 1 SA starting experience. Only my 2001 and 2002 accounts got banned (file sharing) and I thought that meant I had to start a new one.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

jit bull transpile posted:

Hey bad thread I became a woman and will get a vagina in the time between adwd and wow unless it comes out before March lmao

Pffft, that's nothing. I moved from Chicago to Arizona and back to Chicago. A series of transitions that makes yours look like a Sunday walk in the park.

Congrats buddy!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm neither a bad enough nor good enough poster to post in FYAD.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

kcroy posted:

I thought his publisher was going to do exactly that

"The Wit and Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TK-42-1 posted:

I unironically cited Boots Theory in a capex meeting the other day and the others were looking at me like some kind of sage.

A good rule of thumb is to spend decent money on anything that separates you from the ground. Shoes, tires, beds, couches, etc.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's like being the grizzled old veterans on their 4th tour and seeing the fresh starry-eyed recruits coming in excited about their first deployment and we're doing our best not to learn their names so we won't care when we wipe the goo that used to be their face off our jackets at the end of the day.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

God if this doesn't show up on the show I'm gonna be super loving pissed. I was promised giant ice spiders. I want some loving giant ice spiders before this poo poo is done.

Just wait for the book to come out.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't know. One year I got a Tyco Hot Lixx Guitar.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Much like Kat Denning's boobs, Spiderman is a bridge too far.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

From jowl to bowel, the man is full of movement.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nothing wrong with fastforwarding the nonfight parts of Bloodsport.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I can't believe she made a dress out of the floor of the Black Lodge.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

avshalemon posted:

the only place to live i under the earth

Bilbo Baggins rereg spotted.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Okay this is getting weird and borderline racist/anti-semitic. Pull up, Bad Thread, pull up.

*slams flightstick forward plunging nose straight at the ground

Ned Stark is the Jews because he got his top cut off!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Wire will always be one of the only shows that got better when they started focusing on child actors. Season 4 was one of the best seasons of television ever.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I admire the breadth of his waistline personally.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/6UFGgnV.gifv

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ASoIaF: Weighing the Prose and Cons

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

yeah but the thing is westworld was actually good for a while there

For like 2/3 of a season it was.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We're nearing 8 years worth of this show and people I work with still don't know Daenerys' name.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

banned from Starbucks posted:

How does Luck kill more horses than GoT?

More horses being used for one.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

porfiria posted:

watch cat Yoor Shisshter start a loving war

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

pseudanonymous posted:

It is a plot so laughably dumb it's hard to believe anyone would've believed it.

I don't know how she would necessarily know that. I didn't particularly like the "Tywin wants a Valyrian steel sword" nugget, it seemed out of character for him and simultaneously I had a hard time believing the richest most powerful house in Westeros couldn't get his hands on one or a few daggers and melt them down.

None of them ever being for sale is the whole reason he wants one.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If you don't name your team The Fat Pink Masts, then you're out of the club.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It sucks that we got screwed out of that interesting sounding three book series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I liked the Battle of the Bastards too. It was silly but a fun kind of silly.