Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

bigmcgaffney posted:

Horse-hockey? Was there polo in the Dany chapters, because I skipped all of them.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=horse+hockey

Confused me too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Can't anyone eat without grease running down their chin??

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I assume GRRM is playing Wun Wun.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I hope they were going for a parody of modern comedies' overuse of zany characters saying totally random nonsense.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I seem to remember Bran being able to tap into every living thing down to blades of grass because his power was so great.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I thought it was intentional for us to feel that Cersei was surrounding herself with nobodies.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

There's some new lore video about the north which got me wondering. Why would the mouth of a major river just be totally open to be settled by the Manderlys? You'd think someone would have that place all staked out thousands of years before.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Correct me if I'm wrong but no flashbacks or novellas have ever been written during winter right? Only legends. GRRM has no idea how to write winter plausibly.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I'd rather Preston write the rest but I'm spoiled for all his batshit twists already.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

How did Davos just know the dude is called the Night King?

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I'm sure her plot was nothing more than cut a deal to free Loras then gtfo to Higharden/kill all sparrows.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

He already had people yelling "Hodor" at him all the time.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

SirKibbles posted:

Bonus Ayra angst for Rhaegar thought you were your aunt.

What does this sentence mean?

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Please write A Storm of Sins, TB Thread.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

So all the Valyrian Steel weapons are in the hands of our heroes now?

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

frankenfreak posted:

So I've made the poor life choice of spending most of my Sunday messing around writing a Markov chain generator and feeding it AGOT. While still somewhat crude, it spit out this nugget:

You should do this with this and the previous bad threads.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I heard the last season was already finished they're just waiting for the books to finish first.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I always wanted to be a drag king named David Coppafeel.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

My reading is that even though the Tully's are traitors, the Frey's claim on Riverrun is stronger with a Tully heir.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Not sure about a fee, but the citadel assigns a maester to every house. There's probably some smaller ones that don't have maesters.

They are obligated to serve the Lord, even if they change hands. We saw that with Theon and Maester Luwin in Winterfell.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

It is weird that they wouldn't send another Maester to the citadel. Presumably, Sam was in for years of study.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Clearly Stoneheart will just take the place of Beric in the books. She'll head back north, join the ranging party beyond the Wall, fight in the Battle of Winterfell, and save Arya so she can kill the Night King.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Presumably the wildlings could start raiding the North again.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

That Bran always telling his stories!

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

They're candied lemons.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

With their 1000 ships, duh.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Solice Kirsk posted:

A gurm TGIFriday's dinner can easily cost more than a small country's entire defense budget.

One without at least 3 shits is considered a dull affair.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

You need to watch more Preston

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

All men could serve

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Game of Thrones really messed up a lot of people

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

thumper57 posted:

They basically are, as it's apparently all a novelization of a RPG campaign.

Learning this ruined it for me entirely.

That's not entirely true. The series is based in the setting but not exactly the story of a campaign that was played.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Uncle Lloyd posted:

GRRM has posted a new update.

"No, sorry, still not done, but I do inch closer [...] Of late I have been spending a lot of time with the Lannisters. Cersei and Tyrion in particular. I’ve also paid a visit to Dorne, and dropped in to Oldtown a time or three. In addition to turning out new chapters, I’ve been revising some old ones (some very old) [...] I was really on a roll back in June and July. Progress has continued since then, but more slowly… I suffered a gut punch in early August that really had me down for a time, and another, for different reasons, in early September. But I slogged on, and of late I am picking up steam again."

He's dying

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

When is a Storm of Semen coming out TB Thread?

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I read and enjoyed the main Ender series years ago. I remember hearing about Card's weird Mormonism and homophobia soon after but didn't notice any of that in the series. Ender pretty much makes up his own religion. Was there hateful homophobic or right wing subtext that went over my head?

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Seems like it's planned to go all the way up to Robert's rebellion

https://youtu.be/IA5946mV3BI

Not really a teaser just GRRM talking over art

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

mind the walrus posted:

Oh there's a 0% chance it was written by him or even taken from his "notes" and if you believe otherwise then you must think the Six Flags guy was an actual old man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbXSbP-wEFU

Cut footage of pycelle

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Pennsylvanian posted:

Just watched The Netflix Witcher to scratch and itch and... it sucks, right? Besides Henry Cavill being the image of Geralt and Jaskier being fun, the show was a disjointed mess. I remember when it came out, nerds were bombing any review site that was even mildly critical of it, so I assumed that while it probably wasn't great, it couldn't have been as poorly written as it is. I admit I had fun when Geralt got to fight monsters and hang with Jaskier, but I can't believe that someone thought that bouncing back and forth between what felt like eight different pins on a timeline was a remotely good idea.

The anime feature they just released is really well done. The nightmare of the wolf.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

pseudanonymous posted:

He takes like the castle where he grew up by a trick because he grew up there and has a perfect plan to assault it then the book series ends.

I forget if this is in the published books or the preview chapters.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

The Sept is still standing.

edit: but we'll never get to read about it's destruction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

It's going to be an episodic show about day to day happenings at Castle Black between big plot moments.