Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
So the book is out, has been out for a while now right?

Is there a chapter summary, spoilers included? I cant tell fact from fiction in this thread... Bran kills everyone to get Super Warg Powers?

I cant bring myself to read the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Am I the only person with the Wildcards tag that didnt go out and buy the book yet?

IRQ, I'm lookin at you.

I know a lot of people said they were going to boycott, and I want to know how many people really did.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Soulcleaver posted:

Finished Dance today. I have now returned to the bad thread.

Havent even started it. Read every spoiler I could, and am still waiting on chapter summaries so that I dont have to give that fat gently caress my money.

Edit: Any of you fat fucks want my money for the book?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Can some of you guys write up the chapter summaries that are on Tower of the Hand ( http://towerofthehand.com/books/105/003/index.html ) for me?

Or is there a good summary of the book written here somewhere?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

mind the walrus posted:

I just tried to think about what happens, and all I thought was "subplot, subplot, subplot, subplot that may intersect with the main plots, subplot, plot stalled out due to bad weather, subplot that's just left by the wayside…

So IRQ wasnt joking? So glad i didnt buy and havent read it yet.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

savinhill posted:

I got the impression from the sample chapter that Gurm may have been dropping more hints about the origins of Ramsay's letter to Jon.

There is a sample chapter? Good god, I've only got 6 or 10 more years to read Dance with Dragons before the next book comes out!

Will someone please do chapter summaries for tower of the hand?
http://towerofthehand.com/books/105/003/index.html

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
What part is the show at? I dont watch the show. Some guy just posted something on facebook and I want to make sure I'm spoiling stuff for them that hasnt already happened.

Edit: Has Robb died? Theon been tortured? Tywin?
Any other big stuff I should spoil?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Chinston Wurchill posted:

For the deaths: no, no, and no.

The show is near the beginning of book 2. Arya's on the kingsroad, Tyrion just got back to King's Landing, Dany is wandering around in the desert without making GBS threads herself, the Watch is at Craster's, and Theon just got back to Pyke.

So what should I spoil?

I dont remember the timeline in the books at all. Tyrion is slapping Joffrey around now, with that awesome sellsword right?

I cant make myself care about the books anymore, and people wont put up all the chapter summaries for ADWD :(

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Just checking in to see if Martin has even mentioned writing another GoT book or just more Wild Cards books.

Dont feel like reading his blog, and dont want to read the book that was released last year until the next one is even being thought about.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Is the next book out? I still havent read the last one where I guess nothing really happens.

Did I win the WildCard pact of "dont read the book because gently caress 12 years between Jon chapters" thing we had going?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Arya is called Mercy now?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Jeffrey posted:

nah I just meant "Arya is called Mercy now?" shouldn't really be surprising because her having random new personas of the week is already established

It's surprising to me :( I havent read the last book yet. I'm going to wait till he dies before buying it.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
But that stuff was all set in motion and we all knew it was happening 12 years ago.

I'll read ADWD when the series is done. I'll be 50.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Blitz7x posted:

My dad who knows nothing about ASOIAF walked in when I was watching the show and said he wanted to watch. I said "Sure pops, you should probably start from the beginning". He said "no no I want to see the big retard who can only say his name". I said "Oh, Hodor" and he started laughing to hard he cried and left the room

welcome to the southeastern US

I am laughing my rear end off at work. Your dad is awesome.

Also: :iceburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Who has that timeline about all the bullshit he has done starting way back?

From writing a book to fill out the 5 year gap to splitting that book, then having another book 'totally done, i swear' and then that one not coming out for 2 more years....