Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Habibi posted:

Well, the other significant part of it was that the Iron Bank guy has a ton of money - but yes, that's why I was asking.

And that he brought Theon and Jenye(?), so Ramsay would send a message to Jon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Also, Jon's sword (valyrian steel (good for killing Others)) was quenched in the blood of his chick, just like AA.

In Ygiritte? I think she was killed by an arrow, by someone other than Jon. Because he used widling arrows, and she was shot with a Night Watch arrow (if I remember correctly). Arya, the Faceless Girl are shite. I thought it were boring in AFFC, and it was the worst part of ADWD, even worse than the Tyrion chapters (:/WHERE DO WHORES GO ISHOTMYFATHERWITHACROSSBOWANDHEDIDN'TSHITGOLDILLKILLMYSISTER :/)

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Regarding the letter:

I think the most plausible explanation is that Ramsay captured one of the spearwives and tortured her; and sent the letter before everyone in Winterfell turned on each other when "Arya" was gone. It's pretty fitting for GURM, having stupid and rash desicions that have huge consequences (like Joff beheading Ned).

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Thoguh posted:

Robert just said "gently caress it, I'm not good at this" and got other people to do the hard stuff for him though. Comparing him to Dany is like comparing a housefire with a raging wildfire. Neither are good rulers, but Dany is miles worse than any ruler we've seen or heard about other than Aegon. Even Jeoffrey was at least somewhat checked by Tyrion and others.

No, Ramsay is worse. Dany is boring to read, but not that bad a leader. She just wants the Ghiscari/Free States to stop slavery... And I can personaly agree to that slavery isn't a good thing. The trouble stems from rich people, not happy with not being that rich any more... And loosing a war off course. If someone should be called bad leaders, it would be the old Great Masters of Mereen that crusifed hundreds of babies; provoking the girl with the unsullied army and dragons that had just destroyed that other town where the unsullieds were made.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Tony Danza Claus posted:

In book 6 Darkstar hooks up with Chella and no one in Westeros is getting out of this with both ears intact.

Then Zombie Gregor, Zombie Cat, and Zombie Jon all rise up against him and bite Darkstar, who, because GRRM loves defying conventions, dies from the bite, but DOESN'T resurrect.

Meanwhile, Bran wargs into Dany right as Daario is nailing her in the pooper, and he decides he never wants to warg again and all the weirwoods die, removing the Others' source of power.

Lastly, Tommen "Ralph Wiggum" Lannister appoints Ser Pounce to the Kingsguard in place of Kettleblack, and Sansa and Arya and Littlefinger raid King's Landing, and Tommen is beheaded by Ser Pounce in an ironic twist. We then find out Varys was behind the whole thing. Because Varys is actually the mad king Aerys Targaryen in disguise (we never saw them in the same place).

In fact all the Targaryens are alive. Except for Viserys. He's a zombie.

... But then the nWo, who's been tearing poo poo up in Valariya (they caused the doom), with Hollowood Hogan in front, comes in and just throws everyone into the bay of seals, and they fart on them! But Shawn Michals turn on them 'cause he wants to sit in the iron throne himself! But then Vince Russo shows up with a TANK!

SWIRVE!

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

New favorite theory: Bran actually becomming THE Other, master of the scary poo poo north off the wall.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Calef posted:

This reminded me how Tyrion, I think, in this book pointed out the mystery that the Valyrians certainly knew that Westeros was there, and ruled an empire extending over most of the world for thousands of years, and they had dragons this entire time, but no Valyrians attempted to invade Westeros at any point. Then after te Doom, the Targaryens are pretty much the only remaining Valyrians we know about, and they finally invade.

It is implied in the text that there must be some kind of mysterious explanation for this. My guess is that the Valyrians knew that the Great Other was on Westeros and were keeping away.

I guess that Westeros, who hadn't seen any dragons, were alot easier to conquer for three people than the "old" empire were.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Ambiguatron posted:

Something else is bugging me. If Varys is working with Illyrio and has been supporting Dany all along, why did he actually carry out Robert's orders to assassinate her?
Maybe because Viserys were still alive by that point? And Aegon were chilling with Jon Cockington.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Azure_Horizon posted:

GOD, who cares about Theon's lack of a cock?

You have a better topic that hasn't been discussed a hundred times in this thread allready?

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Ambiguatron posted:

Except Bronn is a badass and should have the iron throne, except he would kick it over and demand an actually comfortable chair. Also he's metal, so his name should have an umlaut over the o.

He should also add more o's in his name for more fancy stuff. Like Bröøóòôõnn

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Octy posted:

Bran broke his legs in the first book? How do you explain the fast pace of the next two books?

Falling is pretty fast...

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Ho DOR!

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

whowhatwhere posted:

Eh, Dance with Dragons was done in spoiler bars, so it might be the one scenario where the bad thread gives a poo poo.

Yhea. Five years ago we did.

Does anyone here truly give a poo poo about anything anymore?

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

bigmcgaffney posted:

GRRM JUST DIED

I haven't been this excited about a news since I bought aFfC.

Or as dissapointed since I read it.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

I can see paulie shore as an excellent Ramsay.

Gordon Ramsay should play Ramsay Bolton

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Groke posted:

Whole thing into Cockney rhyming slang, eh?

I was just making a general observation, anyway. The first book just came out in Norwegian and was split in two volumes even for the hardcover edition, I'm going to check it out just because the translators are two old high school gaming buddies of mine and I'm curious to see if my homies did a good job.

All I needed to see is they named part 2 "Kampen om jerntrona" (The fight for the Iron Throne) to realize that they too, are absolute fuckers.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Ashrik posted:

So what's the story with GURM getting shitdick? I don't know what that is

Don't forget that he almost died from this too.

He almost died from having poo poo on his dick and not cleaning it.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

run DNC posted:

I always understood it as in.

That's true at one point I guess, but even GURM pees ejaculates, and that would clear most of it out...

... If he didn't reinsert it himself after each time.

Sick absolute fucker.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Exactly the same things.

Boromir would have raped more.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Stop framing the conflict in Gondorian terms. "Dark Lord", indeed.

Stop insinuating that "Dark" is a bad thing you racist!

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Xiahou Dun posted:

The picture has one of the 80's toys. Might be Pinky Pie or whatever, I have no clue : I've seen one episode and those fuckers are color-coded, which is pretty annoying for the colorblind dude. All I know is it ain't the dragon fucker or whatever.

Also, he's apparently pissy :

:qq: :qq: Why did someone spoil me on a 10 year old plot twist :qq: :qq:

\/\/\/\/\/You don't really get this thread, do you?

The bad thread is back! Hooray!

So, is season two really lovely? I haven't seen it yet, as I'm waiting for it to air in Norway, so I can watch it with my girlfriend, who hasn't read the books.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Some crazy kids from the next town over are always throwing rocks at the abandoned building where Ben and "the crows" (the schoolchildren's nickname for the goth kids) hang out, so they take their bikes out occasionally to spy on them and maybe give them wet willies.

Also known as black people, from a poor town.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Urdnot Fire posted:

Don't conflate the Summer Isles with North of the Wall.

How would warlocks and the red priests fit in? Huge nerds?

Meth-users

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Poldarn posted:

Bronn is a weird 30 year old who is dating a fat 11th grader. My high school had one.

A weird 30 year old, who likes all the cool bands ever, and will buy cigarettes and beer for the kids on school. He also beats up jocks.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

bigmcgaffney posted:

Since were on the topic of high school versions of ASOIAF, I went back and found this piece I wrote in one of the gassed bad thread iterations.

Didn't someone draw a high school drama comic too?

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Captain Mediocre posted:

Isn't he only mentioned for like 2 pages in the whole series? Why are fans so obsessed with him? Until joining this thread and being exposed to wider fandom I wouldn't even have remembered he existed.

You know nothing, captain mediocre.

(Are you talking bout Arthur, Sword of the Morning Dayne, or Dorkstar 'dRizZt' Dayne?)

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

rejutka posted:

You mean apart from that armourer guy who makes two swords out of Ice? Admittedly, he may have quenched them in his apprentice or something, GRRM did not write of it either way.

Reforge isn't the same as forge. If it had been, Tywin wouldn't have needed ice in the first place.

Also, Jon Stargayen foreshadows more sibling fondling.

:fap:

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Contra Calculus posted:

Zombie-Jon fondling his younger aunt, Dany is just... I don't even know. Seeing as how Targs regularly had siblings loving each other and Jaime and Cersei doing it regularly, somehow necrophilia+incest doesn't even faze me at this point.

gently caress you GRRM. You've basically broken me so bad that when I see incest in books now, I'm just going to go "meh." gently caress you so much. I should be grossed out and reviled, but nope. Your shitdick has been shoved so far down my throat that I don't even give a gently caress anymore.
hot

I could agree with this

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Urdnot Fire posted:

If there's any way to pick out a truly broken person, it's that sentence.

That or reading the Books of Gurm in the first place.

Or posting in this thread.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Rurik posted:

I'm aware of that reasoning, but that makes them no less lovely people.

Eh, Russia was a very lovely place to live in the beginning of the 20th century, and alot of 13 year olds etc starved to death every day under the mismanagment of the Czar. I don't condone it, but it was a hard life back then. As much as it's useless to apply modern day morale to GURM, it's equally useless to apply modern, western morale, to pre-industrial Russia.

Were the children innocent? Yes.
Were they innocent by Russian standards in 1917, when serfs still were punished for their grandparents imaginary slights towards a nobles grandfather back in the middle of the 19th century? No.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Rurik posted:

I disagree. Injustice doesn't become justice simply because it's the norm and widely accepted. Guess I'll have to be Stannis here.

Oh, it's still injustice. But you still need to see it in context of early 20th century Russia. Life were cheap back then, and everyone got jugded by their families. That doesn't mean the people were necessarily lovely, even if they did an isolated lovely thing, that just made them pragmatic.

Actually, killin the rest of the Czar familiy propably saved a few thousand lifes because it didn't leave the Whites in the ensuing civil war with a figure head.

edit: Speakin of injustice. Remember again that pre-revolution Russia was a serfdom, where basicly everyone who weren't a noble were slaves. I bet alot of those pre-teen serfs got executed regulary without being guilty in anything regulary.

Anders fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 19, 2012

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

I just know there has to be a SanSan scene between the Lady Sansea and Sandog, a Rottweiler with a mangled face.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Devorum posted:

No bestiality..

Count me out Mild Cards :colbert:

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Do you wanna get rich, or have integrity?

Before you answer, think about riding in a gold limo.

I'd just spend all the money on legal fees anyway.

Edit: and that's not for any copyright infringement.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Azure_Horizon posted:

1. This is the Bad Thread, I couldn't give any less of a poo poo about that, thanks to the sea of incorrect opinions about AFFC/ADWD.

2. Occupation is not TVIV.

Try harder, rear end in a top hat.

You're the black guy, showing up at a triple K meeting, just to ruin the mood.

:manning:

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Azure_Horizon posted:

And the stupid are entirely oblivious to their own problem, too.

Are you suggesting that your stupidity is an illness? Because I'm pretty sure B_o_T is a degenerated fruit case already. And I've heard he loving love those post it's.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

IRQ posted:

I snort post-it notes off a hooker's rear end nightly.

I snort a hookers rear end off post-it's nightly.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

I assume the fucker still ain't writing.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Is this the third time since the release of A poo poo with Drag Queens any of you has taken the time to visit his not-a-blog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Urdnot Fire posted:

"OBERYN BLEW IT?!?" :allears: He still knows Tyrion's not gonna bite this early in the series, but he has no idea of the wonders yet to come on that front (Tywin, Shae, Pretty Pig)...

We'd been better off if Tyrion croaked instead of the absolutly lovely chapters in A Dinner With Dungbeetles