Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I got mine today :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I started reading Dance just recently and I'm just dumbstruck as to what happened in any of the other books. I need some resource I can read to catch me up. I tried finding one at Tower of the Hand but couldn't.

Any ideas?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Mr Crustacean posted:

Stop reading dance and read from the beginning of the series, you'll have no idea what the gently caress if you keep reading on.

Yes I started on book five because I am a loving retard. It is known.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
ofcourse I have read the books you dumbass I just don't want to re-read them and I was really loving confused at all the names thrown at me. Need something to catch me up.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I just put the book down and I'm sad. Sad because i'll either have to wait for years before I can read the next book or i'm never going to read it because he'll loving die.

The best book that i've ever read. Maybe it's just because i've waited for so long. But I think it is.

It's messy, it jumps around and it never finishes what it starts. But the characters and the world is so alive.

Unlike Kevan :( RIP Kevan you were a good guy and I hope Varys somehow ends up with Ramsay.

FMguru posted:

"That is not dead which can eternal lie / and with strange aeons death may die." - The Necronomicon

"What is dead can never die, but rises again, harder and stronger." - prayer to the Drowned God

It's pretty clear what the Drowned God is a reference to.

"Harder Better Faster Stronger" - Daft Punk

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Neurosis posted:

Physically impossible, I don't care if you are 8 feet tall.

Counterpoint: Mike Tyson killing cows with one punch.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
All the extra bodies in Winterfell just goes to show that the coalition is failing. Manderly is surely having some killed, Mance and his girls were out killing too and I bet even Ramsay snuck out every now and then to kill someone because he is really psycho. Theon probably didn't do poo poo.

ImJasonH posted:

Or Lyanna, or any Targaryen except Viserys. :tinfoil:

How do we even know viserys is dead?? I mean Daenarys can survive dragonsfire, I bet Viserys can survive some molten gold!

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
So how is it reasonable that anyone will survive X years of winter when after just a month nobody can move anywhere? Will it get just as bad in further south or?

I always figured that in the whole Summer/Winter cycles there were like Winter years that were simply a lot colder but they still had spring and like thaws and maybe a month here and there where you could plant poo poo.

If its four years of real loving cold winter how do any trees and poo poo survive?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
What is the Azhor Azai prophecy anyway?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Fog Tripper posted:

Hey guys, I am into the book now. Looks like Tyrion will have some dwarf on dwarf sex.
Things are looking up!

The dwarf sex with the dog and pig is probably the highlight of the books.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

The Belgian posted:

Is tales of dunk and egg any good?

it is the best

Dunk is like really loving awesome and he's a very real character. I think my favorite thing about him is that he's like this really honorable knight but he's just not good with a lance and not that great with a sword either and circumstances conspire to make sure he always kills people in the most thuggish ways conceivable.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

NihilCredo posted:

The second D&E story has a loving Disney ending and I could not loving believe it when I was loving reading it gently caress. And the rest of the story was mostly dull as well, it helped to flesh out small-scale Westeros and that's about it.

The first and especially the third one, however, are quite good. Just pretend the protagonist is an alien visiting the world of ASoIaF.

Disney ending? You mean he gets stabbed in a river and doesn't get the girl?

Number three had the really stupid character Fiddle who pretty much from the start was screaming at the top of his lungs; "HEY GUYS IM REALLY loving GAY AND WANT TO SLAM MY PENIS INTO DUNKS GAPING rear end"

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Martin Van Buren posted:

PDFs of all three are available on Scribd. Good website for short stories.

First of all I can't find them there, and secondly isn't scribd :filez:?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Is there a place somewhere where they discuss what sort of magic powers there acutally are in this series? I mean to me it looks like every "god" might have the same powers really:

Old gods and Rh'llor can both warg poo poo.

Old gods and Rh'llor can both see visions related to future/past through focus.

Rh'llor and Others can both bring people back to "life". Quentyn (?) can too.

Drowned God can also bring people back to life.

Not to mention shadowbabies which is something that more then Rhllor can do right?

Are there more examples?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
so has anyone tried the game? is it as horrible as I think it is?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Rosscifer posted:

Wait Loras wasn't "praying" with Renly? :monocle:

welcome to the real world Neo.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

eggsovereasy posted:

I did too, I'm just trusting that it happened.

I caught the other stuff some people missed (Renly being gay, etc), but completely missed Theon being castrated it's a bit embarrassing.

They did something to his penis. For all I know its just a piercing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Elindale posted:

And literally put it inside of ~~Daario Nahaaris~~

I was on pins and needles for the entire book just praying and hoping that ~~Daario~~ was going to stick one of them swords through Daenarys back.