Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

The way he's holding the doll makes it look like he's giving us the finger....

wait, he's actually giving us the finger, isn't he? What an absoulte fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
I also think that the next book will eventually, someday, come out. I think GRRM has demonstrated that he has been working on it for years now and eventually pressure from the publisher will get something out before the show ends.

However, I don't have any hope that any other books will even be completed. Each book has taken him longer and longer to the point that it's all so bloated that he himself has lost interest in ASoIaF. The HBO series was the greatest thing that could have happened to get people (including GRRM) excited about the series so if enthusiasm about wanting to finish the series before HBO spoils the ending didn't motive GRRM to buckle down and get it done, I don't think anything will.

Basically I think Winds of Winter will be released, but there will never be A Dream of Spring. I think if there is any more 'official' info written about the world of ASoIaF it will either be 1) more encyclopedia-type info books 2) Short stores/collections of stories 3) books by other authors about the world of ASoIaF, but not involving any current 'main' characters.

I can certainly understand getting tired of something and move on to something better (Wildcards?!?), but to create a whole world with interesting history and world-building that many, many fans are interested in hearing more about...and then just to not give them any sort of closure. I don't know how he is still going to events and conventions where the #1 question to him always, always is "when are you finishing the series?'. I would have finished years ago just to be done with it, but I am not a wealthy sadsack who doesn't need money.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
Loras is also known as the Knight of Flowers, and gets referred to as "Knight o' Pansies", "Ser Daisy", and "Renly's little rose" in various books, which is pretty gay.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

kcroy posted:

took me a while to realize that was a door stop.

I deleted my google history, and I guess youtube is confused about who I am. They suggested some GOT clips. Whatever. So I rewatched a few arya scenes, and it really bothers me how bad assed she is. She never should have been able to keep up with Brienne. She never should have survived the Waif. And what was that "I'm the only one who can fight in the dark" thing with the candle? If they really wanted to give her an edge over the waif - it should have been some warging poo poo. I heard a good theory that the waif killed her, and took her face - which is about the only thing that makes sense. I'm sure that _isn't_ what happens, if only because Arya is 100% plot armor. But there is certainly room for that interpretation, especially with the candle going out, and not seeing who survived the fight.

I think they were trying to demonstrate that since Arya had that whole time period where she lost her eyesight that she puts the candle out to give her an edge fighting the Waif. It doesn’t make a lot of sense because pretty much only showed her getting her rear end kicked and being helpless when she was blind but I think that’s what they were implying.

I don’t think that Arya is really the Waif now. Fans would be pretty pissed off if at some point it was revealed that Arya is actually a secondary (tertiary?) character that hasn’t been mentioned in a season. Plus it showed Arya getting revenge for the Red Wedding, having a moment with Nymeria and heading to Winterfell; not exactly things the Waif would be doing.
You are right that the whole sequence of Arya in Bravos was handled badly. It’s bad enough when you can tell when the show doesn’t know what to do with some characters, like Sansa the season before last. But Arya going off to train with super assassins had a lot of potential but there are so many nonsensical things about it.