Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

Pvt.Scott posted:

or an X-Files-ish game. AP with aliens and occult poo poo would be neat.

I think you just described the perfect game. Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torsade de Pointes
Feb 14, 2006

Oh, yeah. I name all the operations that go down in Taipei, even the ones that aren't mine. Operation Latex Turtle, Operation Angry Bees, Operation AAAAAHHHH-YOOOOOOOW! Heh. That was a good one.
A suggestion if you have some spare time, make sure to read your intel emails. They will tell you more specifically what you get for buying them. Some of them are also pretty amusing.

For one mission, I hired a private military contractor to run a patrol near where I was operating. If you read the email, Mike sends them 10% as a down payment and tells them to get the rest of the money they need to contact sdarcy@halbech.com :laugh:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Category Fun! posted:

Fixing walking/crouching animations
In APGame.ini (Documents\Alpha Protocol\APGame\Config), try changing the following settings
InteractDistance=250
CoverWalkSpeed=75.f
CoverRunSpeed=125.f
PlayerRotationSpeed=800000.0f
MoveSpeedNormal=240
MoveSpeedScoped=80
SprintSpeed=320
Fixed, you were missing a 0 in PlayerRotationSpeed. I did enjoy watching him moonwalk though.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Not sure. As far as I know you just have to get him to hate you enough, which isn't too difficult or painful to do. Then again, I went to Taipei first, so by the time I got to Rome, I had a fair amount of conversational perks under my belt already.

No. It's painful, if you're not a snarker.

You have to have more snarky responses OVERALL than the other two types put together. In the entire game up until then. You also have to get all his dossier info first, too, 100%. And you have to snark at him fully. And remember, you get positive points for being sneaky and subtle at any point in Rome.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Pvt.Scott posted:

My dream game using the Alpha Protocol setup would either be a Dirty Harry style cop game or an X-Files-ish game. AP with aliens and occult poo poo would be neat.

Now if this were the setup for the new XCOM game, I'd just about poo poo myself with unbridled glee. Or maybe a new Call of Cthulhu game.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
I adore this game, although I was little disappointed that (end spoiler)there doesn't seem to be a way to get a "Sail off into the sunset with SIE" ending, unless I've missed something.

Criminy, Fallout: NV is also on sale on Steam for $15. I bought it at launch, but between these 2 I can't imagine a better way to spend 20 bucks on gaming.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Soonmot posted:

You play as Sis.

Dialogue wheel:

code:

...!      ...?

Pistols

Don't forget [Eye Roll] and [Backflip].

e:

quote:

Goon opinion reigns supreme once again.
_______/

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 5, 2011

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Just got this and Bully for less than $10. Steam sales and Goon opinion reign supreme once again.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Just got this and Bully for less than $10. Steam sales and Goon opinion reign supreme once again.

It's too hard of deal to pass especially since the PC gets raped near the end of the game by a east german woman(who's hopefully not really a man)

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

etalian posted:

It's too hard of deal to pass especially since the PC gets raped near the end of the game by a east german woman(who's hopefully not really a man)

He shouldn't have been wearing an awesome beard and aviators then. :colbert:

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
This game has been the best deal I've ever gotten in video games. 10 bucks for four playthroughs, and I still want to know what all the end options are. God I hope there's a sequel!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I seriously wish smug jackass thorton was the protagonist of every game I play now.

cuddlefish
Nov 11, 2003

That was a game.

This is paintball.
Eeee I wish I had seen this sooner. I love this game so the next up to 3 people that leave their info while the sale's still on will get a very special surprise!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

cuddlefish posted:

Eeee I wish I had seen this sooner. I love this game so the next up to 3 people that leave their info while the sale's still on will get a very special surprise!

I'd love the game! http://steamcommunity.com/id/mreglue

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Is there a known bug with subtitles not working despite having the option turned on? I'm severely hearing impaired so this is really crimping my enjoyment :(

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Goddamn, everytime I see an Alpha Protocol thread pop-up I get the urge to replay it again.

I really should though, I don't think I've done a full Recruit run yet.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
Right before I saw this thread another fellow goon basically gave me the same exact speech as the OP.

He seemed pretty determined to make me spend 5 dollars on this game.

I'm eagerly awaiting for Steam to download it.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Pyrolocutus posted:

Is there a known bug with subtitles not working despite having the option turned on? I'm severely hearing impaired so this is really crimping my enjoyment :(

That may be the antialiasing bug. Turn AA off.

C-BOX
Feb 7, 2010

by Debbie Metallica

cuddlefish posted:

I love surprise spies!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/C-Box

Edit: Awesome, thanks a bunch man! :)

C-BOX fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 5, 2011

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

cuddlefish posted:

Thanks so much for this, I had the game on 360 but didn't get a chance to play it before it was stolen. I only hope that whoever stole it enjoyed it.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

cuddlefish posted:

I love AP so goddamn much. I also love surprises. But I want it shared with those more needy.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Soonmot posted:

You play as Sis.

Dialogue wheel:

code:

...!      ...?

Pistols

Seriously, I think a game where you play Sis would own hard, and be a great experience, since everything you 'say' would be in the form of expressions and body language. Obsidian saves money on V/A, and I have enough confidence that they'd do it well enough to give you a unique gaming experience.

That said, being a G22 agent would be good enough, if onyl because I have a thing for those goofy helmets.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Polaron posted:

That may be the antialiasing bug. Turn AA off.

Is aplauncher.exe the program I want to select when turning off AA (and according to google, anisotrophic filtering)?

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Pyrolocutus posted:

Is aplauncher.exe the program I want to select when turning off AA (and according to google, anisotrophic filtering)?

It's probably your video drivers forcing the AA - go into ATI Catalyst if you have an ATI card, or whatever the Nvidia tweaking equivalent is, and turn off AA there.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

etalian posted:

Ignoring the fact that the character in question is obviously female by any sane definition of the word, don't be a spoiling sally.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

cuddlefish posted:

Am I too late?
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197971064020

Thanks!

Sarchasm fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 5, 2011

cuddlefish
Nov 11, 2003

That was a game.

This is paintball.

Sarchasm posted:

Am I too late?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sarchasm

Thanks!

You'll be the last one but the link's giving me an error and there's two Sarchasms out there. Does the e-mail in your profile work?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

cuddlefish posted:

You'll be the last one but the link's giving me an error and there's two Sarchasms out there. Does the e-mail in your profile work?

The link should be fixed now, but yeah, the email in my profile works.

Thanks again!

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I bought this game for my 360 at full price and didn't regret it. I bought it again because it's $5 and I'm hoping I can cheat all my stats up to play GOD THORTON. Well, I guess stealth/pistols Thorton is pretty much a god by end game but still.

cuddlefish
Nov 11, 2003

That was a game.

This is paintball.
Super welcome, have fun! :patriot:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Now if this were the setup for the new XCOM game, I'd just about poo poo myself with unbridled glee. Or maybe a new Call of Cthulhu game.

Fhtagn? Fhtagn. Fhtagn!

SSJ Reeko
Nov 4, 2009
I got a code with the steam version of AP, what is it for?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

SSJ Reeko posted:

I got a code with the steam version of AP, what is it for?

CD key validation. The patch removed the DRM, so you don't need it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I loved this game when I played it last year on the 360, so I decided to buy it on Steam today so that I could try it out on the PC even though I don't have a PC that can run it yet...

You know a lot of people say the combat in this game sucks, but I thought it was fun. Then again, I went shotguns + melee and most of the complaints were about stealth.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I have this on PS3, but am tempted to just grab the PC version and trade away the PS3 one... is this a terrible idea? I didn't have much issue with the PS3 version at all... froze a few times, but nothing major. More importantly have there been any mods for the PC version?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Just chiming in that I bought this on the cheap a few weeks ago and really loved this game and hope they somehow go about making a sequal. Much much better than expected and I wouldve been happy at full price. Just seemed kind of on the short side, but that mightve been me just playing the hell out of it every day after work

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

the_american_dream posted:

Just chiming in that I bought this on the cheap a few weeks ago and really loved this game and hope they somehow go about making a sequal. Much much better than expected and I wouldve been happy at full price. Just seemed kind of on the short side, but that mightve been me just playing the hell out of it every day after work

It absolutely is a short game, but that's because you're supposed to replay it like ten times and keep finding new stuff every time you do.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
One more piece of advice for newcomers: Don't shut the game off the instant the credits start. There's a newsreel voiceover that plays while they roll that gives closure to a lot of the major events of the game. There were a few people in the last thread who didn't realize that even after playing a few times.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I already own the 360 version of this, are there any major differences between it and the PC version besides the PC version having issues with the hacking minigame?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010

Hannibal Smith posted:

One more piece of advice for newcomers: Don't shut the game off the instant the credits start. There's a newsreel voiceover that plays while they roll that gives closure to a lot of the major events of the game. There were a few people in the last thread who didn't realize that even after playing a few times.

......what?

gently caress

• Locked thread