Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AVBrafaDiMatteo
Nov 30, 2009
Bad ads nab top cop. Also, The Project Pt. II.

When all else fails, cash in your Ruples for new foreign myths.
I don't normally do much modding or sticky posting, but I think that we definitely need to have a centralized thread for music instruction.

Some of you are killer musicians, some of you are teachers, some of you are actively learning, and all of us can always become better musicians.

This is the official thread for potential students and teachers to connect, and also to make suggestions about teachers in your area.

I'll defer the final rules of this thread to the mods of this forum, but I don't think that having a thread to connect and discuss music teachers is a bad thing. Many goons are master musicians in disguise, and we need a venue for students to find teachers in their area, as well as for our resident masters to show us the way.

I don't want this to be just a classified ad page, so I think the following protocol should be used:

1. If you are an instructor and are looking for students, feel free to introduce yourself, your credentials/musical history, and let everyone know what your schedule and location is.

2. If you are an instructor, do not post prices or simply just make an ad for yourself.

3. If you are a student looking for an instructor, make a post declaring your rock weapon of choice and what you're specifically wanting to learn. Please put the general are you live in (Los Angeles, New York, etc).

4. If you see someone looking for a teacher and know of someone to recommend, make a post about the teacher and, if the person looking is interested, PM them contact info. On that subject...

5. Like all forums, don't post contact info directly in to the thread. PMs and emails should be more than enough to put people in touch.

I want to openly encourage all of us to share tricks of the trade and technique, so feel free to discuss that as well. This is intended to be a neutral thread and I want it to be strictly used help our goon teachers and players get to Level 80 and play Dragonforce songs on every instrument one-handed.

So, let's make the world a better place by rocking out properly. Like this, only better:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE Slammer
Jul 5, 2011
LA's Finest
I'll start this party, since I asked Steve aka Badvertising to see if any other people from the internet wanted to learn how to shred on drums. He told me to come here. Figures I should be the first person to post.

I'm Slammer. I teach in the LA area, and I work with all levels of experience. I play a lot of punk and metal, but also love jazz and older swing and shuffle type poo poo that helps build on rudiments. Here are some bands I've played or recorded drums for:

(LOTS OF PEOPLE)

My schedule is kind of tight, as I'm touring a bit. But, when I get back, I'd be down to find 2 or 3 people ready to learn how to melt faces and show them the way.

If you want to just chat technique or shoot the poo poo, that's cool too. I loving love drums, and I'm always stoked to spend time with people who want to learn. Badvertising needs to practice more, but he's starting to get nasty.

Send me a message if you're in LA and are looking for lessons - I can make time, MAYBE (NINJA EDIT).

EDIT: Because I'm super good successful I went and got a gig touring arenas and playing huge festivals and shooting laser beams on MTV. Congratulations jerk, I need a new teacher.

DukAmok
Sep 21, 2006

Using drugs will kill. So be for real.

THE Slammer posted:

I'll start this party, since I asked Steve aka Badvertising to see if any other people from the internet wanted to learn how to shred on drums. He told me to come here. Figures I should be the first person to post.

I'm Slammer. I teach in the LA area, and I work with all levels of experience. I play a lot of punk and metal, but also love jazz and older swing and shuffle type poo poo that helps build on rudiments. Here are some bands I've played or recorded drums for:

Death by Stereo
Strung Out
A Static Lullaby
Throwdown
American Nightmare
Adamantium
Matt Skiba (alkaline trio)
Chad Gilbert (new found glory)
Lisa Loeb (awesome)
Dryden Mitchell (alien ant farm)
The Vandals
Firescape (members of something corporate)
Hunter Burgan (afi)

My schedule is kind of tight this month, as I'm touring a bit. But, when I get back, I'd be down to find 2 or 3 people ready to learn how to melt faces and show them the way.

If you want to just chat technique or shoot the poo poo, that's cool too. I loving love drums, and I'm always stoked to spend time with people who want to learn. Badvertising needs to practice more, but he's starting to get nasty.

Send me a message if you're in LA and are looking for lessons - I can make time, always.

Tried to send you a message but it said you had them disabled. Have an e-mail you can be reached at?

Etheldreda
Jun 1, 2008

Eh, this is worth a shot. I'm a potential acoustic guitar student.

I live in Orange County, CA. Unfortunately I probably don't have time to go up to L.A. for lessons, except maaaaaybe on weekends.

I would like to play acoustic guitar better. My goal is to sing and play guitar, like a proper filthy hippie. It would be awesome if I could play strummy girl folk songs like Indigo Girls, Patty Griffin, etc. [not a lesbian][not that there's anything wrong with that] and have the guitar parts sound actually decent. I like plenty of other music too, just maybe not so much the metal/hard rock style.

I can play lots of basic chords, but I seem to have settled into a single strumming pattern and can't seem to break out of it. I have an over-reliance on tabs and sheet music. I can't improvise or jam or sound anything other than boring. (This same problem also applies to the other instruments I know pretty well, namely mandolin and flute)

As an aside, I found a great bluegrass mandolin teacher here when I last had the motivation to take lessons. If anyone is interested I could contact him and see if he's still teaching (I've been ignoring music for a few years but the itch is back)

Send a PM!

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Watch For Fleeing Immigrants
Looking for guitar students in the Denver area:

Theory
Composition
Technique
Ear training
Reading

THE Slammer
Jul 5, 2011
LA's Finest

DukAmok posted:

Tried to send you a message but it said you had them disabled. Have an e-mail you can be reached at?

Sent you a PM - shoot me an email and I'll get back to you as quick as possible. Got my PM sitch fixed.

THE Slammer fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 25, 2011

AVBrafaDiMatteo
Nov 30, 2009

This is starting to get some traction - I like it.

This is kind a little unusual, but I'm looking for one or two lessons on how to do a decent drum mic setup, for a simple ProTools Digi002 rig, to track stuff without it sounding like poo poo.

I've been in the thread, but if any audio engineer wants to spend an hour or two showing me what I should be doing, I'd be down for a lesson there.

SamHalos
Jul 5, 2011
Ask me about shuffle beats and Greece
I'm Sam... and was brought here by Badvertising because some of you asked him for an LA teacher and he passed them on to me. I already give lessons to two goons at my rehearsal space in downtown LA. I'm all about the groove, some of my favorite drummers are Steve Jordan, Jason Mcgerr, John Bonham, Bernard Purdie, Steve Gadd... so yes i love to groove. I also dip into the world of rudiments and technique to improve your chops and overall playing. Grooving is groovy. I play in a band that is currently playing only a few shows with no pending tours, so I'm pretty open for new students right now - if you're looking to learn solid fundamental drumming, shoot me an email at samhalos@gmail.com

You can check out some of my playing in my band Halos, at onesheet.com/halos. It's pretty straight forward stuff but i can teach you some mad shuffles like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t0VlzJeNvA

Blue Wher
Apr 27, 2010

The Smart Baseball Dargon Sez:

"Baseball is chaos!"

His bat is signed by Carl "Yaz" Yastrzemski
I'm an uber guitar noob living in Fresno, CA, who really only knows finger warm-up exercises. I'm hoping to learn how to play electric guitar without using tabs, relying by ear as much as possible. I have little to no music theory knowledge as well, and reading the music theory page posted in the beginner thread by myself makes me feel overwhelmed, so I'd really like someone to help me in person. I want to play as a metal guitarist, specifically subgenres such as prog metal, post metal, and avant-garde metal... yes, really. AIM contact is posted on my profile, or you can email me at mokona2001@yahoo.com .

Alizee
Mar 2, 2006

"Heaven"
I'm Adam. I'm a 20 year old 3rd year Queen's University Music & Education Major. I've played piano for 13 years. I have extensive knowledge in Piano Performance, Keyboard Theory, Harmony, Music History from the Medieval Era to 20th Century, Alto Saxophone and basic composition.

I'm interested in taking on students for anything I'm qualified in and/or accompanying musicians for Recitals/RCM exams/ the works.

My edge over many other music teachers and music schools is the fact that unlike 90% of music teachers you'll probably come in contact with, I'm also trained in how to actually teach someone things. AKA the Education Major aspect of my studies. I have a few years of student teaching experience & study under my belt which give me a lot of tools to help different types of students learn things to their actual potential. Also, I have a wonderful professor that I study under that has been a huge help in piano teaching techniques.

So yeah, if you're in Kingston, Ontario. Hit me up. =)

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Central NJ, working guitarist/bassist. Instruments taught: all types of guitar, electric bass and double bass (upright). All styles (though personal preference is jazz for guitar) taught. I'm also a composer, songwriter and enjoy music theory, so those are also possible lesson subjects. I do not go to people's homes, but have a home studio as well as at a local conservatory.

Previous students ranging from kids to high schoolers getting ready for college auditions to working adults to retired truck drivers. My schedule is mostly set for the upcoming year, but I have a few slots open on a few days. Send me a PM for more info.

rio fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Sep 8, 2011

AVBrafaDiMatteo
Nov 30, 2009

I'm now in LA, have a practice space/multiple kits, and need a serious teacher. I've been playing 7 years out of the last decade (3 I stayed clean off the drums), and I'd be looking at serious, advanced level technique and theory.

I play a nice mashup of jazz, rock (as in new Thrice, not 80s/funk/craigslist bands), punk (Strung Out, Face to Face), metal (old Thrice? nothing involving Axis Pedals). I hate to use the term post-hardcore, but sadly I'm probably a good post hardcore drummer.

I want to be more like a Mike Marsh, or somebody that is doing all kinds of jazz or rudiment-based madness in a sensible context. Not Travis Barker. Carter Beauford, or Mike Marsh. Like those cats.

I can play most of what I listen to, but I want to learn to go beyond just learning albums and playing them. I was starting to get there, with new rudiments and shuffles and all the MI jazz I photocopied from my friends.

I'd rate myself at 6.5/10 on the drummer scale - if Slammmer (see above) is a 9 or 9.5/10 and any of the legends are a 10/10.

I realize this is one tall request, but I'm 5'11" and play Power5B. Nylon Tip.

FAKE EDIT - Sam - if you email me, I'll seriously come over and take back the ps2. I will take free lessons though.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
I'm a beginning guitar student in Las Vegas looking for a teacher. I'm limited to the major metropolitan area. I have only a very basic grasp of music theory and would like to learn that as well, if possible.

Note: I would also be interested in lessons in singing.

Sad Mammal fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 30, 2012

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

This is probably a long shot due to my area, but, I'm a student looking for Guitar lessons in Fairbanks, AK. I was taking lessons from a couple guys at one of the local shops, but the guy I liked got too busy, and the other guy just wasn't what I was looking for. Looking to focus on blues/rock/folk, and some theory.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Relocating to Portland, ME in October. Looking for guitar students!

the tingler
Jul 15, 2009
Any guitar students in the San Diego area looking for a teacher should check out mine, who's a professor at UCSD:

http://www.colinmcallister.com/

Classical and Jazz are his specialties, but he'll work with just about anyone. I'll get a free lesson for every referral I make, so PM me before!

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
I'm in Northern VA (DC suburbs) and have been making music for close to 20 years, with a focus on rock guitar and producing electronic/dance music. I have a modest home studio and provide instruction in:

- Beginner / intermediate guitar (rock, blues, metal, funk, etc.), both technique and music theory
- Beginning bass
- Electronic music / production (Ableton Live, softsynths, Reaper, Sonar, Garageband, etc.)

PM or discolingua@gmail.com

AVBrafaDiMatteo
Nov 30, 2009

Just to state again - while I'm looking for a new drum mentor, I'd also like to get a lesson or two (all the equipment is set up and ready for use) on doing basic 4 drum mic pro-tooling, and also just a general 1-2 hour tutorial on db levels, what to record before mixing/editing, and basically:

Teach me to record drums using 4 mics and a Digi002 Pro-Tools kit.

PM me, or email me at sroberts@sometingawful.com

SVU Fan
Mar 5, 2008

I'm gay for Christopher Meloni
Hey guys, how are you? I've been a guitar player for the last ~9 years, and have been teaching highschool guitar class for the last year. I just moved to San Francisco to continue college for something completely unrelated and have nowhere near enough time to teach multiple periods anymore. I am however totally up for helping some goons out with some lessons if they need it :)

I listen to and play pretty much any style you could want ranging from metal to pop to soul to jazz to hip hop etc. I teach both acoustic and electric, and teach a full curriculum from absolute beginner things like holding the guitar and finger positions, to theory and composition. As far as credentials go, other than being a highschool guitar teacher, I don't have a big name to offer or anything but if it makes you more comfortable I've been in multiple bands of varying styles and have been actively playing shows and Warped Tour for ~5 years.

I don't have PMs, but feel free to reply and I'll give you my email or AIM or something.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
edit for update:

I am a professional clarinetist and music teacher in the Hattiesburg, MS area. I have a bachelor's and master's degree in clarinet performance, and I teach clarinet at USM while pursuing my doctorate in the same.

I also play and teach bassoon, saxophone, and flute, and I am pretty good at recorder.

I am also well-versed in music theory, and am a huge Mahler nerd.

I have PMs, so hit me up that way if you want a teacher, player, or fellow geek to chat with.

empty whippet box fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 28, 2013

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
e: temporarily out of the market

Kekekela fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 17, 2012

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.
I am both a teacher and a student for guitar in the Boston, MA area. I have a BA in Music, looking to pick up a few more students as well as keep learning new things. I play a lot of metal, rock, and jazz, so contact me if any of that sounds up your alley.

My email is chris.ramusiewicz@gmail.com

Jonathan_H
Jan 20, 2006
Ok, I'm a student looking for a teacher to teach me Music Theory. I'm a Sound Engineer and feel to help raise my game knowing sound Music Theory will be a major advantage.

I play a bit of guitar however I am entirely self taught and pretty much just learnt by playing to tabs, so while I can read tabs and play them, names chords and ask me to play them I'd be pretty much stuffed.

When I was much younger I used to be able to read music pretty well as the primary school I went to was big into music, but this was for, and don't laugh, the recorder. Unfortunately I moved house and school, and the new one I ended up at didn't take teaching music seriously at all, so over time I lost the skill I once had.

So to summarise, looking for someone to teach me Music Theory, would like to be able to read and follow music (very helpful for any type of classical recording) alongside knowing scales, modes, keys etc.

I'm based just outside London, UK, so I guess chances are slim I'll find someone on here near me, so Skype lessons would be great for me.

PM or email me jonathanhucks @ gmail .com

Cortel
Sep 9, 2008

Cortel fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jun 24, 2012

Alizee
Mar 2, 2006

"Heaven"

Jonathan_H posted:

Ok, I'm a student looking for a teacher to teach me Music Theory. I'm a Sound Engineer and feel to help raise my game knowing sound Music Theory will be a major advantage.

I play a bit of guitar however I am entirely self taught and pretty much just learnt by playing to tabs, so while I can read tabs and play them, names chords and ask me to play them I'd be pretty much stuffed.

When I was much younger I used to be able to read music pretty well as the primary school I went to was big into music, but this was for, and don't laugh, the recorder. Unfortunately I moved house and school, and the new one I ended up at didn't take teaching music seriously at all, so over time I lost the skill I once had.

So to summarise, looking for someone to teach me Music Theory, would like to be able to read and follow music (very helpful for any type of classical recording) alongside knowing scales, modes, keys etc.

I'm based just outside London, UK, so I guess chances are slim I'll find someone on here near me, so Skype lessons would be great for me.

PM or email me jonathanhucks @ gmail .com

I sent you an email =)

WHAT A DAY
Dec 25, 2011

ALL DAY
Im a student near Hartford, Connecticut looking for piano and/or guitar lessons. I had piano lessons for a couple of months and then started learning on my own. I know some theory basics but I'd like to learn more. I can come up with simple chord progressions on both but then I don't know what to do after that. Interested in blues/rock (someday jazz but baby steps).

Also looking for banjo lessons if there is any chance of someone teaching Appalachian string band music in CT :ohdear:

cactuscarpet
Sep 12, 2011

I don't even know what rasta means.
Bit of a long shot, but here goes:

I am a bass teacher in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I am currently studying bass performance at the Arnhem conservatory. I am well-informed about most styles of music and lots of music theory, though most of my professional experience is in pop. Drop me a line at w.veeken[at]student.artez.nl.

Mecharasputin
May 30, 2009

Ultra Carp
Student looking for a drums teacher in the London area!

AVBrafaDiMatteo
Nov 30, 2009

Mecharasputin posted:

Student looking for a drums teacher in the London area!

I have a mate up there - I'll see what he says.

We're making progress.....good. Thread name change will light this poo poo up.

SVU Fan
Mar 5, 2008

I'm gay for Christopher Meloni

SVU Fan posted:

Hey guys, how are you? I've been a guitar player for the last ~9 years, and have been teaching highschool guitar class for the last year. I just moved to San Francisco to continue college for something completely unrelated and have nowhere near enough time to teach multiple periods anymore. I am however totally up for helping some goons out with some lessons if they need it :)

I listen to and play pretty much any style you could want ranging from metal to pop to soul to jazz to hip hop etc. I teach both acoustic and electric, and teach a full curriculum from absolute beginner things like holding the guitar and finger positions, to theory and composition. As far as credentials go, other than being a highschool guitar teacher, I don't have a big name to offer or anything but if it makes you more comfortable I've been in multiple bands of varying styles and have been actively playing shows and Warped Tour for ~5 years.

I don't have PMs, but feel free to reply and I'll give you my email or AIM or something.

This is still up, but now I'm looking to take Piano lessons in the San Francisco area also. If anybody is a piano teacher in the area, I'd love to get together and set something up.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Anybody in the Charlotte area want to ~~~jam~~~?

I need practice playing with others :(

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Student in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area looking for a Guitar teacher. I'd like to focus on blues/rock/metal lead playing, but I do want to learn a wide variety of styles.

AVBrafaDiMatteo
Nov 30, 2009

While I'm at it, I'm a drummer, looking to play with people who want to make an attempt to mix the following styles/bands:

Styles:

90's Fat Wreck punk rock (super melodic lightning fast pop rock)
Electronic (too many genres to include, don't know the terms)
Pop Metal
Jazz/Swing
BritPop

Bands:

Strung Out
Saves the Day
Skrillex (yeah yeah popular etc)
Get Up Kids
Four Year Strong (Rise or Die Trying material only - this is important)
Oasis (mainly their classics - not Wonderwall, but sing-a-long upbeat tunes)
Hall and Oates
MUSE - MUSE
Hippos - ska band, but horn riffs can now be synth riffs
Thrice - their later releases - Vheissu and beyond, especiallly Major/Minor

I have no idea what it will sound like - it's obviously all over the place musically, but here are my theories:

1. Western "Rock" music is great, especially when catchy but skillful
2. Rock music is a dying business, and difficult to make money in
3. Electronic fans typically enjoy Europe's music, and are maybe in to "Indie"
4. The world of electronic music pays fortunes for successful acts
5. There is a huge, huge opening for an act to cross over dance and rock
6. It's being done, and Skrillex is currently the US favorite
7. There are successful bands dabbling with this in the UK (Enter Shikari)

8. Despite what friends tell me (who are involved heavily in one side), people want to rock out and dance, and it can be done.
9. 140 BPM isn't the end all be all

So, while I have just listed what is likely the most laughable description of a potential band, I have seen bands like Enter Shikari, Pendulum, and some others absolutely tear down sold old venues playing what really equates to hit or miss setlists, and the world is ready for something new.

I think a live act (as in people on stage, 3 or 4, 5 maximum) playing some crazy poppy hybrid of all of the above, with killer stage presence and an intense live atmosphere, is the next big act.

Pop will always fill arenas, and Lady Gaga or Kanye will always do one tour per year and be considered geniuses, but ask around - people want something new. Nothing that exciting has come out for a while, and I can't remember the last time I heard a band and went apeshit over how fresh their jams were.

So....I live in LA, have a rehearsal space, and want to start the music of the future, where we play clubs but aren't DJs, get paid like DJs, and bring together people on E, metalheads, pop fans, and hipsters...all under one roof.

I can instrument hop, but again - mainly drums. I'm not sure where to start, but I defintely think it can be done, and best yet - it be be played live with minimal back-tracking or simple Ableton Live or "click to start song" type setups.

So - fellow LA people - will you join me, or are you convinced I'm trolling? If this intrigues you, I can give you a list of songs to listen to that will cover all of the influences, and maybe somebody out there will have lightbulb go off.

I leave you with this. This gentleman on the mic went from making $0 in this band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0d80YUHRyFc#t=53s

to being Skrillex, who makes 7 figures a year, and just sold out this (and every other date coming up):

I expect 0 to 0.5 responses to this post.

DukAmok
Sep 21, 2006

Using drugs will kill. So be for real.

Badvertising posted:

I expect 0 to 0.5 responses to this post.

Well, here's to exceeding your expectations. Sent you a PM.

Law Dog
Jun 21, 2009

"Yeah, I heard you the first time."
I'm a guitarist in the London ON area looking for advice/lessons on how to play metal. I have been playing guitar for ~15 years but have no picking speed and no soloing abilities other than messing around in the typical pentatonic minor scale, and I would like to change that.

I have PM's but can also be reached using law.dog.tax at gmaildotcom

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I am: semi-skilled multi-instrumentalist hobbyist in Denver Colorado USA

I want: to collaborate and write music/lyrics with other folks in real time or icollaboration and record.

I can be reached at: chughes2002 at gmaildotcom

https://www.aromaticsquid.com/music/music.htm

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

I am a just-starting-out-student looking for an electric guitar instructor. I have no previous knowledge of other instruments and can not read music. I like blues-rock guitar, struggle heavily with chords, and would like to be able to write my own music at some point. I don't know what goes into that (I'm guessing theory and being able to read music) but I want to learn how to do the things that it takes. I live a little north of Detroit, Michigan. I can be reached most easily with PMs or (cameron.thornton at gmaildotcom)

Elderling
Feb 17, 2007

Based in Long Island, NY (south shore, Five Towns area, but I'm mobile). I've been playing guitar for about ten years, acoustic and electric (I specialize in acoustic though--I made the original Solo Acoustic Covers thread). I'm not an expert on theory, but I can teach the basics well enough, and for the most part I teach people to play directly (starting with a song or two you want to learn, and I'll tie in basic theory as needed based on what you're trying to learn at the time). I'm willing to negotiate rates for instruction, I'm free most of the time, and if you're not too far I can drive out to give a lesson. Get in touch with me for rock, pop, country, alt-country, bluegrass, old-time, blues, indie stuff of various forms--if you want to learn how to play like X person, I'll teach you some of X's songs that you want to learn and take you through the series of stylistic choices you have to make in the process of defining your own style (which may turn out to be something different than what you thought at first). Weak points: I'm better at teaching rhythm than lead (though I can teach lead, don't get me wrong, I just don't do it as much), I don't do metal, and I'm not qualified to teach jazz.

I also play banjo, bass, a bit of mandolin (though I don't currently possess a bass or mandolin), and I can bang out a couple songs on a keyboard or a couple beats on a drumset. Also I'm a fair singer, lead or harmony, depending on the situation. I have a spot with a drumset, couple amps, keyboard, guitars, and a banjo--got a friend who plays bass and the occasional guitar, we're maybe looking to put something together, depending on how things go. I'd be pretty interested in jamming, if anyone's around.

Double Bass
Feb 20, 2011
Hey guys, I've been playing drums for 7 years, I mostly play progressive metal/tech-death/terrible metalcore/deathcore, but also play quite a bit of classic and modern rock as well as some jazz and blues, and I'm totally down for giving some lessons to people from the beginner to intermediate level.

If you graduated from Berklee I'm not going to have anything spectacular to show you, but if you can play basic beats and fills and want a manageable introduction to odd time signatures/syncopation/polyrhythms, or even if you just want to learn how to play blast beats really loving fast, send me an email and we can work something out.

Double Bass fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Double Bass posted:

Hey guys, I'm from the Boston area, I've been playing drums for 7 years, I mostly play progressive metal/tech-death/terrible metalcore/deathcore, but also play quite a bit of classic and modern rock as well as some jazz and blues, and I'm totally down for giving some lessons to people from the beginner to intermediate level.

If you graduated from Berklee I'm not going to have anything spectacular to show you, but if you can play basic beats and fills and want a manageable introduction to odd time signatures/syncopation/polyrhythms, or even if you just want to learn how to play blast beats really loving fast, send me an email and we can work something out.

ezel120@gmail.com

hey, I'm a guitarist up in Portland, ME. Rock, blues, fusion, jammy stuff, standards. cdgraves at gmail