Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astroduck
Aug 30, 2006

cat doter posted:

Been playing REmake a lot today, such a great game for Dolphin. Rock solid frame rate, looks far superior to the console versions, all that jazz. Got a bunch of screenshots here that you're welcome to add to the OP if you like, Gyoru.

I'm playing REmake too, but I seem to crash whenever I get to the first Yawn fight. I get an error right as the cutscene starts. I've played around with the settings but can't seem find anything that makes a difference. It's a shame, as it was working perfectly up to this point. Using my PAL version I ripped myself if that makes a difference.

Astroduck fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 9, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroduck
Aug 30, 2006

cat doter posted:

Refresh my memory, what the heck is a Yawn? If I come across the same thing then we should submit it as a bug. Are you using r7671? It's a really good revision. Otherwise you should be disabling any hacks and enabling stuff the increases compatability until you find something that works. You can even try using a different CPU emulation engine, you might be able to get past the crash using interpreter but your FPS will be horrendous (probably about 4fps) then you can make a save state and continue one with JIT.

I'm using the Archives Wii port which might make a very slight difference.

edit: argh now dolphin crashes every time I load my saved state. All that progress gone.

Yawn is the Giant Snake. I'm using the latest stable revision, but I've tried every possible combination of options and I still get a crash. :(

Tried a different build (r7668 64bit) and still get a crash. Maybe It's my rip.

Astroduck fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 10, 2011

• Locked thread